Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Batman, if you come to JM, just give me a call or e-mail. I can help you out
Old 05-24-10, 11:24 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey152
Batman, if you come to JM, just give me a call or e-mail. I can help you out
Mike. Thanks. I have an appointment at JM Lexus on June 4th. I am getting the 12 month 10,000 mile service, the F-Sport Sways upgrade, an alignment, and installing some LED reverse light bulbs.

If you PM me your email, I will copy you on the confirmation note to Desmond and JC.

Also Mike, since you are in charge of social media marketing - I have written the very first review of JM Lexus on Yelp.

Last edited by *Batman*; 05-24-10 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-24-10, 01:28 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Juanca
Hey Rob, I met Carlos at LNM not long ago, he took care of my touchscreen and instrument cluster, he used to work at Lexus of West Kendall. Nice guy, he said that he knows you.
Carlos is a good guy!

Originally Posted by batman75
Thanks, Robs IS250, Juanca, SinisterVR, and VForce08.

Great advice.

It seems where I am ending up is I will go to JM Lexus for the sways. The head of accessories knew exactly what I was talking about, was familiar with the April update, and understands that this part fits the GS460. So I know I won't have any issues with them. Plus they quoted a $112 for install which I think is the lowest anyone here has been quoted for Sways install.

I am however taking my car to Lexus of North Miami for the 12 month service tomorrow. And will ask them to install some clear turn signal bulbs. I have an appointment with Harvey Gonzalez, and will let him know Robert from Lexus of West Kendall sent me.
Originally Posted by batman75
I went to Lexus of North Miami today and had an appointment with Harvey Gonzalez. First he was too busy and passed me to a young guy called Manny. I needed the 12 month service and also to install the Philips Silvervision turn signals bulbs. Manny said Harvey had to quote the turn signals. He took me over to Harvey. I told him robert from lexus of west kendall sent me. He didnt comment on that. Harvey quoted me 87 dollars to do each pair of turn signals which seems ridiculous. I told him I would pay half an hour of labour total and he said no.

So I walked out. I took away their opportunity to sell a $212 service because they weren't prepared to change the turn signal bulbs for $60.

I also lowered my review of them on Yelp from 5 stars to 2 stars. Not just because of this, but also because the BS they gave me about the F-Sport parts not fitting my GS460 (which both Lexus Corporate and JM Lexus said is not true), and because their service director, Melanie Brennan, ignored my email when I emailed here about this per the instruction of their web marketing guy Matt who posted above. It's one thing the service people jerk you around, but then the service director ignoring your emails. That is not acceptable.

Harvey may be your friend but he isn't very good. Usman Athar was very good.
Wow sorry to hear that! He musta been having a bad day or something but i know hes great to deal with... I'm gonna have to talk to him because i send him people that are in that area that can't come over here...

Sorry to hear the headache you had to go through and i hope you get it resolved. Let me know if you would like to come down here and get your problem resolved...
Old 05-24-10, 01:43 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
Wow sorry to hear that! He musta been having a bad day or something but i know hes great to deal with... I'm gonna have to talk to him because i send him people that are in that area that can't come over here...

Sorry to hear the headache you had to go through and i hope you get it resolved. Let me know if you would like to come down here and get your problem resolved...
Yes I was surprised that they would let a loyal customer with a $212 service appointment walk out in anger because they were quoting a really high fee to change some turn signal bulbs. Doesn't seem good business to me. Especially since I'm a high value customer I do all routine services, I get oil changes 4 times a year, and alignments thrice a year.

I'm set up at JM Lexus for next week since they were the only place that agreed to install the F-Sport sways on a GS460, and since I don't want to make too many visits to the shop, I'm just going to do the service and the light bulb swap out at the same time.
Old 08-02-11, 09:48 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, wonder if the same guys are around at kendall lexus.
I have a friend that works there and is a certified master tech. I'm wondering if that was your roommate Rob?
I'd PM you but your PM's are off.
Old 08-03-11, 05:32 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

JM all day. Dealt with LNM for a while and they didnt like my car much because of the lowering module and wheels. They tried every excuse to keep from fixing my car. Asked about alignment and they wouldnt touch it unless they were stock wheels.

Went to JM a few days ago for an oil change and asked about alignment. They said sure, not a problem, we can do up to 24s. WOW. Great service and staff. Didnt deal with any SA so I couldnt direct you to any but I'll be making that 30 minute drive in the future. Besides, they have JMCustomCreations.com so I know they do custom work at the shop.
Old 08-03-11, 05:49 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 305Busa
JM all day. Dealt with LNM for a while and they didnt like my car much because of the lowering module and wheels. They tried every excuse to keep from fixing my car. Asked about alignment and they wouldnt touch it unless they were stock wheels.

Went to JM a few days ago for an oil change and asked about alignment. They said sure, not a problem, we can do up to 24s. WOW. Great service and staff. Didnt deal with any SA so I couldnt direct you to any but I'll be making that 30 minute drive in the future. Besides, they have JMCustomCreations.com so I know they do custom work at the shop.
I agree. JM Lexus is leagues above these other dealerships. I drive all the way there from South Beach because the service in Miami-Dade is so bad.
Old 08-03-11, 06:01 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Guys LNM SUCKS for modded cars, and quite honestly for alot of other things, if your going for routine service then by all means they are a good place. AGAIN. STAY AWAY if your goin to be asking any questions that entail the letter F in it, as in f-sport, some people there are CLUELESS.

I wish I could really say how I feel on here but working for the company myself I will hold back. Other than that if you ever want to get your service done DONT go to chris LOL
Old 08-03-11, 07:26 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

For us newbs where is JM and what does it stand for?
Old 08-03-11, 09:16 PM
ace587
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CCJ22
JM is just the name. its up in Broward
Old 08-03-11, 09:25 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Gotcha thanks
Old 08-04-11, 08:35 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CCJ22
It's called JM Lexus or Lexus of Margate. It is in Coconut Creek. You take Turnpike to Sample Road, go west past the BMW dealer, and JM Lexus is on the left. It is the largest Lexus dealership in the world by volume. You can't miss it.

Their service department is superb. You should really take the tour.

I once had my car at Lexus of North Miami for a week for a rattle noise, and when I got it back from them the rattle was worse. I took it to JM Lexus. went for a drive with a mechanic. Once he heard the rattle, he started tapping things around the car, and found it within 5 minutes. The whole problem was fixed within an hour.

And since they have their own custom shop, they are easy on modified cars.

The other good thing is they have "repairs for life". So if you need new brake pads and do it at JM Lexus. They will give you free brake pads for life (parts and labor) for as long as you own the car.

Prices are lower than LNM too - at least for regular service items.
Old 08-04-11, 10:02 PM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Fawk!
I'll be going there then. Good stuff sir. Thanks for the reply
Old 08-05-11, 08:43 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I know that LNM has a very impressive waiting area but after seeing the one at JM, thats yet another reason to make that drive as well. I played on an IPad the entire time I was there. Huge waiting area and lots of stuff to do. I also believe they have complimentary bagels and coffee, where as in LNM you have to buy them. Just a thought.
Old 08-05-11, 10:37 PM
ace587
Pole Position

I usually go to Nabila at LNM. shes awesome. One of my friends works as a technician at Lexus and he pretty much works on my car. I may try JM next time.