Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Miami Lexus Service Advisor

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-10, 04:27 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Miami Lexus Service Advisor

Can anyone recommend a really good service advisor at a Miami area Lexus dealership, preferably at Lexus of North Miami?

My service advisor told me he can't put F-Sport sways on my GS460 which pretty much alienated me because the dealership manager had told me he was a car guy. Now I want a new service advisor who knows about Lexus's. Someone who might frequent this forum or F-sport his own car.
Old 05-18-10, 08:45 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hey batman didint know u live in miami
Old 05-18-10, 11:44 AM
VFORCE08
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
Can anyone recommend a really good service advisor at a Miami area Lexus dealership, preferably at Lexus of North Miami?

My service advisor told me he can't put F-Sport sways on my GS460 which pretty much alienated me because the dealership manager had told me he was a car guy. Now I want a new service advisor who knows about Lexus's. Someone who might frequent this forum or F-sport his own car.

I go to Lexus of West Kendall
my service advisor Luis Montesinos he is very cool on modified cars
they installed my Tanabe springs...
Old 05-18-10, 01:25 PM
MattyP12
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus of North Miami Service Manager

Hi,

You can call Melanie Brennan at Lexus of North Miami (866) 868-4910. She is the Service Director and will help you out.

Best,
M
Old 05-18-10, 03:35 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MattyP12
Hi,

You can call Melanie Brennan at Lexus of North Miami (866) 868-4910. She is the Service Director and will help you out.

Best,
M
Thanks. Has Melanie helped you with any modified parts?

My service advisor, Chris Martino, basically threatened that installing F-Sport sways on my GS460 would void my warranty and said he would refuse to install them. I thought that was an unusual reaction since many people have installed F-Sport sways on their GS460s and some of them have gotten full warranty support after that since there was a bushing problem on the sways.

I called JM Lexus and they seemed really knowledgeable and said the GS460 application is fine and they have done it. I prefer to go to Lexus of North Miami since it is closer and I normally get my service done there, but I need to deal with someone who knows what they are doing and doesn't threaten to void my warranty for installing a Lexus-made performance part.
Old 05-19-10, 07:07 PM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speak to fransisco hes ok with modded cars.. tell him adam sent you!
Old 05-19-10, 10:02 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sinistervr
speak to fransisco hes ok with modded cars.. tell him adam sent you!
What dealer is fransisco at? Is he knowledgeable about f-sport upgrades? I don't need someone who is okay with modded cars, I need a service advisor who I'll agree to install the mod and do it right.
Old 05-20-10, 05:00 AM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Go to jm lexus !
Old 05-20-10, 06:37 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus of North Miami is great for warranty work, that's it! They won't do you any favor, they won't do anything that is not in their book, the service advisors are clueless as to what the IS-F is other than what they read in the catalog. Again Lexus of North Miami is a great dealer, but for what you need it's not the best option.

The other dealer that I've taken my car to is Lexus of Kendall. Smaller and not so fancy dealer, but their staff is very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. I remember when I got my aftermarket rims I got a second set of TPMS. I took my car to Lexus of North Miami and they told me 2 things: 1) They won't be able to help me if I don't have an appointment (so don't even think about passing by if you're around without setting up an appointment first), and 2) They would charge me $150 for configuring the second TPMS set. I left the dealer and drove straight to Lexus of Kendall without an appointment or calling beforehand. As soon as I arrived I explained my situation with the new wheels, the SA called a guy right away, he came with a laptop, 5 minutes later my car had the 2nd TPMS set configured, and they didn't charge me at all!!!
Good luck with your sway bar.
Old 05-20-10, 08:06 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by batman75
What dealer is fransisco at? Is he knowledgeable about f-sport upgrades? I don't need someone who is okay with modded cars, I need a service advisor who I'll agree to install the mod and do it right.
north miami, he is ok with modded cars and will tell you what the best tech to do the job is.. if you are uncomfortable with the dealer, then just purschase the rolls bars and bring them up the street to mercedes benz of miami, i can install for a small fee
Old 05-20-10, 08:30 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Go to Harvey Gonzalez at Lexus of North Miami and tell him Robert from Lexus of West Kendall sent you over. He will help you out with anything you need!
Old 05-20-10, 02:48 PM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rob, I met Carlos at LNM not long ago, he took care of my touchscreen and instrument cluster, he used to work at Lexus of West Kendall. Nice guy, he said that he knows you.
Old 05-21-10, 02:42 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Thanks, Robs IS250, Juanca, SinisterVR, and VForce08.

Great advice.

It seems where I am ending up is I will go to JM Lexus for the sways. The head of accessories knew exactly what I was talking about, was familiar with the April update, and understands that this part fits the GS460. So I know I won't have any issues with them. Plus they quoted a $112 for install which I think is the lowest anyone here has been quoted for Sways install.

I am however taking my car to Lexus of North Miami for the 12 month service tomorrow. And will ask them to install some clear turn signal bulbs. I have an appointment with Harvey Gonzalez, and will let him know Robert from Lexus of West Kendall sent me.
Old 05-21-10, 04:06 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Juanca is a pretty funny screen name.
Old 05-22-10, 08:07 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
Go to Harvey Gonzalez at Lexus of North Miami and tell him Robert from Lexus of West Kendall sent you over. He will help you out with anything you need!
I went to Lexus of North Miami today and had an appointment with Harvey Gonzalez. First he was too busy and passed me to a young guy called Manny. I needed the 12 month service and also to install the Philips Silvervision turn signals bulbs. Manny said Harvey had to quote the turn signals. He took me over to Harvey. I told him robert from lexus of west kendall sent me. He didnt comment on that. Harvey quoted me 87 dollars to do each pair of turn signals which seems ridiculous. I told him I would pay half an hour of labour total and he said no.

So I walked out. I took away their opportunity to sell a $212 service because they weren't prepared to change the turn signal bulbs for $60.

I also lowered my review of them on Yelp from 5 stars to 2 stars. Not just because of this, but also because the BS they gave me about the F-Sport parts not fitting my GS460 (which both Lexus Corporate and JM Lexus said is not true), and because their service director, Melanie Brennan, ignored my email when I emailed here about this per the instruction of their web marketing guy Matt who posted above. It's one thing the service people jerk you around, but then the service director ignoring your emails. That is not acceptable.

Harvey may be your friend but he isn't very good. Usman Athar was very good.

Last edited by *Batman*; 05-22-10 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Miami Lexus Service Advisor