Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Car Wash and Detail, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-10, 09:04 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Wash and Detail, Miami

What's the best car wash and detail place in Miami?

I have been going to Miami Auto Spa, which I like because they have an unlimited package with unlimited washes and details for a year for $700.

However my Obsidian finish is getting swirl and cobweb marks (which pretty much every hand car wash I have been to creates). All the places I have been to (Aventura Finest, SoBe Finest, Route 66 and Miami Auto Spa) all leave my car with swirls.

So I am looking to find a place that is more careful with the finish. Don't want to use compound every month!

Any suggestions?
Old 06-04-10, 09:08 PM
lexusB3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not in miami but go to JM lexus and ask for brandon(Me) been detailing for 7 years now and can help your black car look like it just came out of the showroom 95% percent of the time i can fix everything
Old 06-04-10, 09:14 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusB3
not in miami but go to JM lexus and ask for brandon(Me) been detailing for 7 years now and can help your black car look like it just came out of the showroom 95% percent of the time i can fix everything
Just had my car at JM Lexus today for service and F-Sport sways. You don't come down to Miami ever do you? Do you work at JM Lexus or are you independent?
Old 06-05-10, 06:45 AM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i wanna know this too...... Im getting lazy in my old age, Dont feel like detailing my rides no more,I'd rather pay and watch. How's that for being lazy
Old 06-05-10, 02:04 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

The best thing is dont let nobody wash the car for you. When you wash it pass the rag one direction on the car instead of just getting crazy and going up, down, side to side
Old 06-05-10, 02:14 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RawkusX187
The best thing is dont let nobody wash the car for you. When you wash it pass the rag one direction on the car instead of just getting crazy and going up, down, side to side
I live in a high rise condo without a car wash area. The only way to wash the car myself is to drive to a self-operated car wash facility. These are all in bad neighbourhoods and I don't think it's a good idea for someone like me to be hand washing a $60,000 car in a bad neighbourhood.
Old 06-05-10, 02:27 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by batman75
I live in a high rise condo without a car wash area. The only way to wash the car myself is to drive to a self-operated car wash facility. These are all in bad neighbourhoods and I don't think it's a good idea for someone like me to be hand washing a $60,000 car in a bad neighbourhood.
lol gotta carry some metal....you'll be surprised how many cars worth that amount are seen those places but you never know when someone will come at you so is understood.
Old 06-06-10, 02:49 PM
lexusB3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by batman75
Just had my car at JM Lexus today for service and F-Sport sways. You don't come down to Miami ever do you? Do you work at JM Lexus or are you independent?
i work at JM i dont really have a way to go to miami to wash your car i mean i can travel to take out scratchs and do headlights make them look brand new haha my specality. but as far as going traveling to wash i cant. but if you do happen to go to lexus i can take care of you guys just say your part of the forums when asking for me and i can help ya out no problem... om if you need anything
~Brandon
Old 06-07-10, 01:56 PM
mbonilla86
Rookie

i work at JM i dont really have a way to go to miami to wash your car i mean i can travel to take out scratchs and do headlights make them look brand new haha my specality. but as far as going traveling to wash i cant. but if you do happen to go to lexus i can take care of you guys just say your part of the forums when asking for me and i can help ya out no problem... om if you need anything
~Brandon
Which JM Lexus you @?
Old 06-07-10, 05:43 PM
lexusB3
Pole Position

sample and 441 coconut creek
Old 06-07-10, 06:25 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

sample and 441 coconut creek
You can take away scratches on aftermarket paint or oem base colors?
Old 06-07-10, 08:51 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

So I talked to the owner of the car wash and did a more thorough inspection of their process. My guess is that the scratches are either caused by the Boar's hair brushes or by non-clean Dual action buffing pads or microfiber cloths.

So I agreed with them that I am going to buy my own buffing pads, microfibers cloths, and microfiber mitts, as well as maintain my own supply of waxes, washes, polishes and compounds. This way I control what is used on my car, I know that everything that touches my car is completely clean and fresh, and minimize the probability of scratches.

Hopefully this should work out.

Lexus B3 - how much would you charge to sort out the outside and remove the swirls/cobweb effects, and also clean the gray part of the dash. Someone put Lexol on the gray part of the dash and now it is slightly shiny. I would like it back to the factory matte finish.

I have to come in to JML on Thursday anyway to fix the sway bushings and so could have you work on it after.
Old 06-07-10, 09:39 PM
jordan9923
Pole Position

I'm sorry but i dont go to any carwashes.. the only other person than me that i allow to touch my car is my good friend Dominic Scheer. Scheer Signature Detailing.. The price is great seeing how much effort he puts into each car. He handles each car like his own E90 M3 :P.. Ill PM You his Number.
Old 06-07-10, 10:26 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jordan9923
I'm sorry but i dont go to any carwashes.. the only other person than me that i allow to touch my car is my good friend Dominic Scheer. Scheer Signature Detailing.. The price is great seeing how much effort he puts into each car. He handles each car like his own E90 M3 :P.. Ill PM You his Number.
Thanks. I am familiar with Dominic's work. He is superb but he is really too expensive for my sensibilities.
Old 06-08-10, 06:06 AM
lexusB3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RawkusX187
You can take away scratches on aftermarket paint or oem base colors?
yes i do its a little more difficult but possilbe

Quick Reply: Car Wash and Detail, Miami