Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tampa/Orlando rollout to BBQ Meet 7/25

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-10, 12:23 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tampa/Orlando rollout to BBQ Meet 7/25

Allright guys I have had several people get in contact with me about the Tampa rollout to the BBQ meet this Sunday over in Oviedo.

I have put together what I think is the best way to have everyone stick together and not get lost IMO. Sadly I will not be able to lead everyone from the start over in Tampa but I will meet with everyone at the RDV Sportsplex off of exit 90B in Orlando and lead us to the BBQ meet from there.

I spoke with Matt (redphoenix) last night and he is tentatively going to this meet but he will post up on here in the next few days to confirm going and leading the tampa group to meet with me in Orlando.

Below you will see the directions for two locations: the first one is the Tampa group leaving from the Applebees off of 56th street and fowler avenue right by USF to meet with me at the RDV Sportsplex in Orlando. The second set of directions is a (JUST IN CASE YOU GET LOST) idea as to how to get to the event from the RDV Sportsplex to Riverside Park.

I chose this route because it is pretty straightforward and we will not have to take any toll roads just in case you don't have an e-pass.

The Tampa crew should meet at Appplebees right at 9 am and should not leave no later than 9:15 please.
Anyone else meeting with me at the RDV Sportsplex in Orlando should be there at 10:30 am and as soon as the Tampa guys show up we will continue on towards the event.

Please post in here if you plan on coming from Tampa/Orlando and want to roll together or are not all too sure as to where you are going. If there are any questions between now and then either post in here and I will answer them or PM me directly. Thanks guys and hope to see you all soon

Follow these directions once you are on fowler avenue in Tampa, Florida. Estimated time is 1hr 30 min.
2. Merge onto I-75 S via the ramp to Naples 4.7 mi
3. Take exit 261 to merge onto I-4 E toward Orlando 81.5 mi
4. Take exit 90B to merge onto FL-414 W/W Maitland Blvd toward FL-414 W (When you are about to get off the ramp from I-4 you stay on the right to get onto Maitland Blvd heading West)
5. Make a right onto N. Keller Rd. (This will be the second light you come to once you merge onto Maitland Blvd heading West)
6. Make a left into the RDV Sportsplex 1.4 mi
RDV Sportsplex Athletic Club
8701 Maitland Summit Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32810

From the RDV Sportsplex we will get back onto I-4 and get off at the exit for Altamonte Springs/436 which is the next exit past 90B
Follow these directions once you are on 436 heading EAST/Semoran blvd. Estimated time is 30 min.
11. Turn left at Red Bug Lake Rd (You know your close when you see the Buffalo Wild Wings on your left hand side of you) 4.8 mi
12. Turn right at Slavia Rd (You will see a 7 Eleven on your right in front of the rode you need to turn onto) 0.9 mi
13. Turn left at FL-426 E (Slavia dead ends and so you will make a left onto 426) 0.6 mi
14. Turn right at W Mitchell Hammock Rd (Major intersection so keep your eyes peeled for it) 2.8 mi
15. Turn right at Lockwood Blvd (Hammock Rd will dead end in a way that if you kept going straight you would end up in a church parking lot. A CVS will be on your left so that’s the sign to make a right onto this road).
Destination will be on the right 0.7 mi
1600 Lockwood Blvd
Oviedo, FL 32765

Name of the place is RIVERSIDE PARK so be on the lookout for it. Event is on July 25th from 11:00 am-3:00 pm.
$10 to eat a burger/hot dog/ beans/ soda and chips.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 07-22-10 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-22-10, 01:59 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmm i just finished exams yesterday.. if i dont have any family plans ill meet up at applebees. havent seen you guys in awhile haha
Old 07-22-10, 03:34 PM
07sgm250
Rookie

im in for this. i'll meet yu guyz at RDV Sportsplex off of exit 90B in Orlando. IM coming from kissimmee.
Old 07-22-10, 03:48 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Eric, I have your number and will call you that Sunday morning. Even if Matt's not there, I will meet with whoever at applebees at 9am....Who's down?
Old 07-22-10, 03:48 PM
jrm7885
Pole Position

See ya'll at RDV.
Old 07-22-10, 03:50 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
hmmmmm i just finished exams yesterday.. if i dont have any family plans ill meet up at applebees. havent seen you guys in awhile haha
You should roll out with us.... remember last time I/we got lost....lol. Should be a lot of fun.
Old 07-22-10, 07:34 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BLAZE
You should roll out with us.... remember last time I/we got lost....lol. Should be a lot of fun.
hahaha oh man that was pretty funny. hopefully that doesnt happen again
Old 07-22-10, 08:25 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07sgm250
im in for this. i'll meet yu guyz at RDV Sportsplex off of exit 90B in Orlando. IM coming from kissimmee.
Sweet! Sounds good. We will see you there

Eric, I have your number and will call you that Sunday morning. Even if Matt's not there, I will meet with whoever at applebees at 9am....Who's down?
Good to hear Blaze. Looks like if Matt doesn't come on out you will have to lead the troops to me Haha....just call me Sunday morning and I will see you at the RDV in the morning.

Originally Posted by jrm7885
See ya'll at RDV.
Good to hear See you there!

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
You better come on out!! Haha.....hopefully nothing comes up between now and Sunday. It should be a good turnout and at least we can catch up with with everyone
Old 07-23-10, 04:30 AM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

My brother and I will meet up with you guys at RDV around 10:30.
Old 07-23-10, 03:41 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

I guess ill meet up at RDV since nobody is meeting in tampa.
Old 07-23-10, 05:11 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jherb350
My brother and I will meet up with you guys at RDV around 10:30.
Sounds good See you both there.

I guess ill meet up at RDV since nobody is meeting in tampa.
Blaze,

I will let you know if I hear anything from Matt going to this and if so he will meet you at applebees. I also meet with a buddy of mine with his MR2 and he said he would meet with you at applebees if you still go there first. Let me know so I can get in touch with him. Also Frances (muhbuhtuh) should be going to this as well and would definitely meet you at applebees first.
Old 07-23-10, 06:26 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

ill meet you at applebees blaze
Old 07-24-10, 06:45 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

I'm off of I4 and champion's gate i'll tag along with the supra if if anyone can text me when they will be about 20min from there and I can pull over to the right on the highway.
Old 07-24-10, 02:35 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Pm's sent!!!
Old 07-24-10, 10:28 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by M34LNCH
I'm off of I4 and champion's gate i'll tag along with the supra if if anyone can text me when they will be about 20min from there and I can pull over to the right on the highway.
Sounds good M34LNCH I'm sure Blaze sent you a PM so he will be leading a group of cars from Tampa passing your area. Hope things go well and if not my cell is 321 356 0869 (Eric). I will be at the RDV at 10:30 so if anything goes wrong just meet with us from there. Thanks

Pm's sent!!!
PM replied Blaze Sorry it took so long.

Quick Reply: Tampa/Orlando rollout to BBQ Meet 7/25