Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tee's Red Car back on the road

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-10 | 09:38 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Default Tee's Red Car back on the road

Car is done and we have made a total of 7 dyno pulls with Errol@TPS tuning the ProEFI system. We had some tire spinning issues and too stiff of wastegate springs, but finally managed to get a few pulls without excessive wheelspin. Results to date: 813rwhp @ 28psi - un-corrected ( this was with 110 ). It was nasty hot ( 93F/63% - and 100F in the shop @ 2:30PM ) yesterday, so not the best conditions for making good power, but it is what it is. Corrected ( using a typical 1.07 correction factor ), the result is 870rwhp @ 28psi. Also Errol just told me that the pulls were done in third gear ( so we'll probably pick-up a few more ponies when forth gear is used next time ).

E85 will be done soon and then C16 to crack the 1K rwhp mark, un-corrected! I may wait until the weather gets a little more reasonable, though ( too damn hot ). Turbo hits nasty hard and my rev limiter is set at 9300rpm ( you should hear this baby scream ).

Thanks to Errol @ TPS for all his efforts ( build and tune ).

Last edited by TeeLex; 08-08-10 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-07-10 | 09:41 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Car is done and we have made a total of 7 dyno pulls with Errol@TPS tuning the ProEFI system. We had some tire spinning issues and too stiff of wastegate springs, but finally managed to get a few pulls without excessive wheelspin. Results to date: 813rwhp @ 28psi - un-corrected ( this was with 110 ). It was nasty hot ( 93F/63% ) yesterday, so not the best conditions for making good power, but it is what it is. Corrected ( using a 1.07 correction factor ), the result is 870rwhp.

C16 will be done soon to crack the 1K rwhp mark, un-corrected! Then E85 will follow. Turbo hits nasty hard and my rev limiter is set at 9300rpm ( you should hear this baby scream ).

Thanks to Errol @ TPS for all his efforts ( build and tune ).

Post up some dyno graphs Mr. Big Juice....
Old 08-07-10 | 09:52 AM
oztiks
Lexus Test Driver

Sick, Tee!
Old 08-07-10 | 11:04 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Wow congrats Mr, T kick *** #'s see you soon.
Old 08-07-10 | 11:12 AM
n!k0y@
Lead Lap

terry , 9300 RPM damn like a f&#$%ing bike dude, CONGRATS BIG JUICE!!!
Old 08-07-10 | 11:21 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Wow congrats Mr, T kick *** #'s see you soon.
Mr. new Big Juice Roger, are you calling out Terry? I saw you rolling up and down the strip in Mexico just looking for prey last night to prey on.

BTW, the car sounded strong! Congrats to both of you guys!

Man, South FL has really gotten crazy with all these Big HP boys!

I remember once about four years ago when I met Neal, Rudy's mechanic. His exact words to me were "Man, you Lexus boys have really changed the game in South FL. He said that before, you guys hit the road with your SC's, Supras, etc. it was either you build your car for looks or you build it for power. Now, you have to have a balance of the two! Looks and Power!! Everyone is definitely stepping up their game..

Last edited by Wicked SC; 08-07-10 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-07-10 | 01:56 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Congrat's terry 813 are def big number's!!! Must pull really nice... Jerome so u should be in the same mark, maybe 9's, Idk im takin a guesses here....
Old 08-07-10 | 02:16 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Damn Terry!!! Sick numbers!!! Congrats. Glad to here you're finally driving it again.
Old 08-07-10 | 02:19 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
Congrat's terry 813 are def big number's!!! Must pull really nice... Jerome so u should be in the same mark, maybe 9's, Idk im takin a guesses here....
I guess I need to explain this number - 813 is un-corrected, I see no-one giving un corrected numbers when they quote power, there is always a correction factor applied to dyno runs. The dyno run that day said I made 1055rwhp corrected, but the barometer/humidity was off on the computer model ( read to low on himidity ), so we discounted that very high number and 'just' applied a more typical 1.07 correction factor and that is where the 870rwhp comes from. I just thought I would throw out the un corrected number for those who know what it really means. For talking and comparing purposes, my number is 870rwhp @ 28psi, for now ( wait until it's cooler and I turn the boost up! ;-) ).

Last edited by TeeLex; 08-07-10 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-07-10 | 02:57 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Mr. new Big Juice Roger, are you calling out Terry? I saw you rolling up and down the strip in Mexico just looking for prey last night to prey on.

BTW, the car sounded strong! Congrats to both of you guys!

Man, South FL has really gotten crazy with all these Big HP boys!

I remember once about four years ago when I met Neal, Rudy's mechanic. His exact words to me were "Man, you Lexus boys have really changed the game in South FL. He said that before, you guys hit the road with your SC's, Supras, etc. it was either you build your car for looks or you build it for power. Now, you have to have a balance of the two! Looks and Power!! Everyone is definitely stepping up their game..
True words man true words, just having a lexus doesnt mean jack to us.
Old 08-07-10 | 03:30 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

I guess I need to explain this number - 813 is un-corrected, I see no-one giving un corrected numbers when they quote power, there is always a correction factor applied to dyno runs. The dyno run that day said I made 1055rwhp corrected, but the humidity was off on the computer model ( read to low ), so we discounted that very high number and 'just' applied a more typical 1.07 correction factor and that is where the 870rwhp comes from. I just thought I would throw out the un corrected number for those who know what it really means. For talking and comparing purposes, my number is 870rwhp @ 28psi, for now ( wait until it's cooler and I turn the boost up! ).
This is my uncorrected response to this ^^^^^^^^

Always talking like a rocket scientist . lol

Congrats Rocket Man ..
Old 08-07-10 | 04:09 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I need to explain this number - 813 is un-corrected, I see no-one giving un corrected numbers when they quote power, there is always a correction factor applied to dyno runs. The dyno run that day said I made 1055rwhp corrected, but the humidity was off on the computer model ( read to low ), so we discounted that very high number and 'just' applied a more typical 1.07 correction factor and that is where the 870rwhp comes from. I just thought I would throw out the un corrected number for those who know what it really means. For talking and comparing purposes, my number is 870rwhp @ 28psi, for now ( wait until it's cooler and I turn the boost up! ).
No prob Tee... u still get a congrat's from me cuz ur sitting in the high 8's and soon to be 1000 hp mark... One day i wanna grow up to be like big juice or should i say a couple big juices... LOL
Old 08-07-10 | 04:59 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
No prob Tee... u still get a congrat's from me cuz ur sitting in the high 8's and soon to be 1000 hp mark... One day i wanna grow up to be like big juice or should i say a couple big juices... LOL
Theres nothing wrong with being a quarter water lol.
Old 08-07-10 | 05:20 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I need to explain this number - 813 is un-corrected, I see no-one giving un corrected numbers when they quote power, there is always a correction factor applied to dyno runs. The dyno run that day said I made 1055rwhp corrected, but the barometer/humidity was off on the computer model ( read to low on himidity ), so we discounted that very high number and 'just' applied a more typical 1.07 correction factor and that is where the 870rwhp comes from. I just thought I would throw out the un corrected number for those who know what it really means. For talking and comparing purposes, my number is 870rwhp @ 28psi, for now ( wait until it's cooler and I turn the boost up! ).
Awesome numbers....I'd love to see this graph over your old 71mm plot.

Even as bad *** as that GTX turbo is and with all the head work 1000whp @ 28psi would be hella efficient! I don't want to ride in this car..........

I just want to hear it scream by at nearly 10k RPM Congrats and welcome back
Old 08-07-10 | 05:30 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Corrected or not, you still got the highest highest HP SC in South Florida. So you in my book you take the cake.
Congrats my friend!!

Quick Reply: Tee's Red Car back on the road