Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Beware of Hybrid Motorsports in Largo,Fl

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-10, 04:45 PM
F4A22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Beware of Hybrid Motorsports in Largo,Fl

Bought a GTE swapped Sc300 in Feb 09.I was promised a NO RUST car with working a/c that needed recharging.Previous owner has stated he drove the car to NY and back no issues. Within the first month i encountered these problems and replaced the following items:

Radiator was cracked
Lower radiator hose was a "Advance Auto" special universal and was leaking coolant.OEM Toyota cost me about $15
Electric fans took a **** within a week of each other.
Battery took a ****
Car was ghetto lowered when bought(cut springs) and was told the struts would just need the springs swapped out.Struts were shot.He offered a used set for replacement i passed.
Car had a 100mph speedcut that i thought could be fuel.Went to check the fuel pump and discovered a STOCK SC300 FUEL PUMP!!!
Left front tire blew out and proceeded to bend the rim.

With all these problems within the first month i wanted nothing to do with the shop.I understand i had to eat the previous mentioned issues but the couple of next ones put me over the top.NunezTT on here installed a AEM EMS temporarily earlier this year and found a wiring mess from hell.IACV is wired incorrectly and all the stock Sc plugs were kept in the harness.A rust bubble has emerged from a spot on the passenger 1/4 window that now leaks water into the car.I have now tried to fix the a/c and have discovered a leaking condenser,and a wiring problem again.Buyer beware with anything coming from that shop i have informed Hybrid Motorsports and he claims"when a car see's more power than stock stuff happens".Plain and Simple i was promised a Rust free car and an A/C system that needed recharging.All lies and i will continue to fix the issues from these hacks
Old 08-17-10, 05:05 PM
sayayin
Pole Position

that sucks but those are the risk or buying a used car, I have problems too with my sc300, i know that had a hit on the back but seller did not tell me it was that bad, know I have to replace the whole rear subframe and other stuff too, just go slowly and start fixing the bugs or problems with your car.
Old 08-17-10, 05:11 PM
F4A22
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sayayin
that sucks but those are the risk or buying a used car, I have problems too with my sc300, i know that had a hit on the back but seller did not tell me it was that bad, know I have to replace the whole rear subframe and other stuff too, just go slowly and start fixing the bugs or problems with your car.
As you can see i have fixed all the issues up to date.These threads will net me zero as far as headache and money spent but hopefully someone will see the truth behind this shop and thier practices.I will more than likely have to swap the engine into a non rust shell since it will be cheaper than trying to repair the cancer it has.Karms is a B and i think it has now caught up to them.
Old 09-03-10, 07:29 AM
snook
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to hear that what losers.