Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Congrats Mr. Big Juice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-10, 05:43 PM
alphatune
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quickGS300
ED that's very impressive bro, that's exactelly what i wanted on pump gas but my tuner is not as good as Alpha so the first time I made 476rwhp at 15lbs.
And the last tune was in Mexico but no dyno time, so i am not sure about the numbers and the CR was dropped since i used the 2mm instead of the 1.3mm.

I told you you will love it , you won't need 24lbs to make 600rwhp lol i knew it could be done.
Are you gonna do some race gas tune?
I wouldn't give me that much credit. Granted. I do try my hardest to do the best I can when I tune. I don't grab people's money and run. I try to work with and educate. At the same time I am not going to work for free. But. Ed has been slowly letting his guard down and taking input from me. It took us a while to get a larger a/r turbine housing and bigger camshafts on his car. I think once he saw the gains from that he was more open to my suggestions. He's put together a very efficient setup. And has learned A LOT throughout all of this. Hopefully he will share everything he has learned with others.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
beleive it or not the car gave alpha no fight to make the power ,, it breathed so easy i think he did like 10 pulls give or take to dial it in .. a/f were left fat like 10.9/11.1 and timing very conservative to keep pistons cool
You're right. After I figured out a timing curve that would work with our issue. I let the engine and setup make power. The air:fuel was fat but not too fat. Even the owner of the dyno sat in on a pull to watch Ed's wideband against his wideband. His wideband read .4 - .6 leaner. The timing is where it needs to be. The knock control is VERY aggressive.

alpha swears there was more left in it on pump gas that he could have cracked like 605 ish on pump but i told him im cool .. he knows me , he takes the time to understand my driving style and tunes accordingly , he tuned my 4th to 5 gear for long extended pulls
I could have easily made 610whp. But. I don't have a backpressure reading. Between that, the mileage, stock combustion chambers, etc. I left it there.

race gas , i doubt it , i dont run it and to be honest i dont think its prudent to put such pressure on a 14 yr old 120k motor just for chits and giggles .. when i do a true 10:: compression built motor next year then fa sure sunoco 110 will be the fuel of choice and tuned around 28ish but for now it pulls like a real freight train , i have managed to briefly lift the front tires off the ground in a 2nd to thrid gear brake boosted lanuch , it hauls a$$
To be honest. I know everyone has their own agenda. Usually one of them being dyno numbers. I feel it's a waste of time and money to tune for a number on a fuel you will never use. Ontop of that your wideband sensor doesn't mix with lead. You would need to purchase a new wideband with an NTK sensor. That and I really don't like pushing Brian Crower single springs to and/or past 28lbs with those 268 camshafts.

and driving in vac is soooooooo peppy and sweet that i dont even need 1 psi of boost to dart around
I did notice that when you would drive away from lights. You would leave every car behind. I started watching engine load. You never once made ANY boost.

im happy and entirely grateful to alpha for his skills and patience , i just wish more would go standalone here in south florida
Thanks for your continued support Ed. Here's the problem. A LOT of the cars are not ready for a standalone. They have wiring issues, compression issues, leakdown issues, the wrong combination of parts, one/five/ten year old fuel filters, etc.

Originally Posted by quickGS300
I am glad i was able to help, I knew you would love that setup.

Alot of people thing am a "Civic" guy when we talk about HG and CR and some guy even bashed me on the GS section lol.
No offense to ANYONE. But. A lot of people don't think outside the box in the Toyota/Lexus community. 9:1 isn't high compression. 9.4:1 isn't high compression. Mention quench area and the majority of Toyota/Lexus owners will laugh, tilt their head and say que area what.

Last edited by alphatune; 10-19-10 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-19-10, 06:06 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have managed to briefly lift the front tires off the ground in a 2nd to thrid gear brake boosted lanuch , it hauls a$$
Damn Ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, if you're lifting the tires at 600rwhp then Terry better be extra careful because at his power levels all four tires are going to lift off!

I had to do it ED....
Old 10-19-10, 10:03 PM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Yo Crazy Number's, Congrats
Old 10-19-10, 10:05 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great numbers... still waiting on seeing your car back on the scene!!
Old 10-19-10, 10:19 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

nice ride, cant beat the numbers either!
Old 10-26-10, 11:15 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Ed!!!

Last edited by 97SCBOY; 10-26-10 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-26-10, 07:36 PM
GTS24V
Driver

Originally Posted by wicked sc
damn ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, if you're lifting the tires at 600rwhp then terry better be extra careful because at his power levels all four tires are going to lift off!:d

i had to do it ed....
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d
Old 10-26-10, 08:57 PM
ShaginWagn
Driver School Candidate

awesome build! cool to see this car at towers last weekend..
Old 10-27-10, 06:48 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
Congrats Ed!!!

thx pedro
Originally Posted by ShaginWagn
awesome build! cool to see this car at towers last weekend..

thank you sir have some more cleanup in the bay to do and thats it ,,, for now
Old 10-02-11, 12:36 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ed what Throttle cable are you running? 4 runner or land cruiser? thanks.
Old 10-02-11, 11:59 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on your new found power any plans to tune on E85 ?? thats what the big boys are running nowadays lol
Old 10-03-11, 02:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Ed what Throttle cable are you running? 4 runner or land cruiser? thanks.
omar . throttle cable is a hybrid oem and isuzu truck cable spliced together because of adjusting mechanism i needed to work on this manifold and q45 tb

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
congrats on your new found power any plans to tune on E85 ?? thats what the big boys are running nowadays lol

waz up shawn .. actually yes i plan on making the switch to e85 ... i have a ats carbon /carbon twin disk clutch coming from japan , so when i get the r154 re done to handle to higher trq the e85 will produce ill now have a clutch rated for 1000hp so doing about 700 rwhp on the corn should be a cake walk