Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Any Florida interest? Import Alliance Atlanta Spring Meet 2011 (April 17th)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 05:15 PM
LexFather

UPDATES!

Originally Posted by veritek
Schedule of events (please look for updates, this is not finalized)

Club Lexus/Import Alliance Kickoff Meet at Zen Motors
Address: 3620 Burnette Park Drive, Ste D, Suwanee, Ga, 30024
Date: April 16th, 2011
Time: Noon til 6pm
I have talked with Dan, the owner of Zen Motors and fellow Lexus owner and enthusiast, and he has graciously opened his business for us to meet and greet one another and chill amongst our fellow CL and Lexus enthusiasts and check out each other's rides.
Dan will have the grill fired up for burgers and dogs. All we ask is that you paypal $5 per person to Dan at DKANG76@hotmail.com (do it as a gift so there's no fees) so he knows how much food to get
Directions: Take I-85 north to exit 109 (Old Peachtree)
Take a left off the exit. Make a right on Satellite Blvd, then a Left on McGinnis Ferry Rd, then a left on Burnette Rd (there's a sports complex and church as a landmark for Burnette)
Make a Left on Burnette Park Drive, follow to the end of the street , and Zen Motors is on the right side of the cul de sac.
At 6pm, we will roll out from Zen to Tilted Kilt for dinner.

Dinner at Tilted Kilt (Alpharetta)
Time: 6:30pm-closing
I have talked to the management at Tilted Kilt and have arranged for reserved parking as a group, a reserved area with inside and outside seating, and discounted food.

Speed & Mischief's - Midnight Cruise III, 2011
Pre-Import Alliance Atlanta Dinner/Cruise/Club Event - Club Lexus Forums
Time: 7:00PM-3:00am
Location: Must be registered to go. Location will then be sent to you.

Cruise in to Import Alliance
Date: April 17th, 2011
Time: 7am
Address: 3620 Burnette Park Drive, Ste D, Suwanee, Ga, 30024

Import Alliance Meet
Date:April 17th, 2011
Time: 9:00AM-5:00pm
Rollcall for Sunday Import Alliance

Please include screen name, and Lexus year/model/MAJOR mods (like FI, air susp, show car, etc), as I'd like to get a count to arrange for parking and such. Also include if you are coming from out of town and want hotel info.
ROLL CALL!!

1. Veritek ('98 GS400/Supercharged show car) Atlanta
2. CarbonGS ('01 GS300/show car) Atlanta
3. Brokendubs (IS300) Atlanta
4. 1sick-(450h hopefully with more mods by then) Atl
5. 1sickwife-(400h stock) Atl
6. 1sickpops-(430 modded) Atl
7. amy011079-(IS 300 modded) Atl
8. Rob Daddy-(GS 400 modded) Atl
9. Aly250-(09 IS250) Atl
10. Nivek5sfe-(92 SC300 modded) Atl
11. Alexus300-(new toy?) North Carolina
12. Lexism-(GS430 modded) Atl
13. 1QWKGS4-('99 GS400 modded) Alabama
14. Automan-(GS300/Supercharged show car) Alabama
15. Chnk-(SC400 modded) Atl
16. Track5tar-('92 SC400 supercharged) Atl
17. Avernier (IS 300 modded)
18. RedSupra (IS F)
19. HKS350 (HKS S/C IS350)
20. Zfury01 - (Modded IS300) GA
21.A1Lexis-(Is 250 modded) FL
22. JMcDonald (IS 250 modded) FL
23. SoloKaMGS (GS 300 modded) FL
24. Zebt66 (GTE swapped GS300) & Team RPM, North Carolina
25. itsdub (IS 300) S.C
26. IS_RICAN(IS 300 modded) GA
27. 1sickcousin (RX 400h stock) GA
28. 1sickcousin (ES 350 stock) GA
29. charris(GS 400) GA, I'll probably bring 1 or 2 more cars with me
30. SKIIP (GS 300 modded) GA
31. fleishelja (SC300 modded) GA
32. baadhabit (IS300) FL
33. Kaldes (IS300) FL
34. Wringo (GS300) FL
35. SoloKaMGS (GS300) FL
36. iSuxeL (IS350) FL
37. lexusis305 (IS350) FL
38. Zen-Dan (IS 300 modded) GA
39. Zen-Dan 2 (IS 300 sportcross modded) GA
40. Fsportgirl
41. On3_Lo35 - Bagg'd GFM G35 coupe
42. CG112 IS300
Hello everyone,

As I've stated I am on CL Lent break and here is the info I can provide.

Hotels
I cannot get any hotel to offer a discounted rate since every hotel is asking for me to reserve the block in my name and they are asking how many people will stay at the hotel. I cannot provide them with a concrete number or info so those plans have fallen through. Also with a lot of no shows at the last meet here I will not reserve anything in my name. Maybe next year we can get a hotel block.

Giveaways
My sales guy Frank from Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett will be there. Not sure what car he is brining, CT, IS-C etc but he will have some things to giveaway Sunday. There won't be enough for everyone so we might do a raffle or it might just be first come first serve, likely the latter.

I'm working on more so I hope to have more good news on other giveaways.

Food/Lunch Sunday

If you are not aware where we will be parked is the parking deck for the GA Dome, GA World Congress Center, Phillips Arena. The CNN Center is also here and there are places to eat inside like Wendy's to High Class restaurants.

Where exactly Sunday

ga dome - Google Maps

When it appears, go to the GA Dome on the Map, click "more" and "Zoom IN". We will be parked in this area. We will be parked underground. There will be tons of photo opps though, here is a pic at this very meet two years ago. You can see the Dome in the background.

What to Bring
Patience-There will be literally hundreds if not thousands Sunday so please be patient, take pics and have fun!
Cash- It is $5 to get into the parking deck and I don't think they take credit cards (I could be wrong). I'd bring $10 just in case.
Cooler- There will surely be people there that will share drinks/snacks but if you are going to be there most of the day Sunday I'd bring a cooler
Chairs-
It will be a long day/weekend so bring a chair to sit in. This also allows you to see cars drive around instead of sitting in the car.
Detailing items-I would like to see the rides clean! We are in a parkind deck with no sunlight so its a great time to shine things up! Microfiber towels!
Ear Plugs-We are in a parking deck, sound bounces around and there will be tons of fart can Civics etc around. You might get tired of it so bring them.
Chargers/Batteries-For your Camera, phone, etc
Camera-Duh!
Towel/Change of shirt Sunday-If you hang out all day you may get sweaty and want to change shirt or have a towel. Not sure of the weather.
Gas-I would fill up elsewhere then downtown since prices are higher and there aren't many in the area. The BP on North Avenue is your best bet as the area behind the Dome isn't the greatest thing in the world.
Comfy shoes-Those that are brining ladies, wear comfy shoes/sneakers as it is a lot of walking around on pavement.

Parking Sunday-

The idea is to really shock this meet/show by having 2 rows of Lexus parked across one another. The meet is usually not very organized with cars scattered all around. It really would show unity and be amazing to see that many Lexus vehicles parked together. It would be great to leave a few spots available for those that have a Lexus that come that are not aware of what we will attempt to do. If I get into parking mode, I would like to see models parked together by color, if I do that please have patience with me. We are Lexus owners and we should set a a higher standard!

Mike
Old 04-19-11, 07:18 AM
LexFather

Some pics I got from another site....this meet grew from 500-600 cars to over 3,000 in 3 years

[/QUOTE]

SMITTY
Old 04-19-11, 07:26 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huge turnout, nice pics!