Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

New Guy.....New Car.....I have lots of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-11, 10:33 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy.....New Car.....I have lots of questions.

Hey guys I just picked up a 2011 IS250. I am a former BMW owner and I couldn't be happier about the switch. I have a few questions that maybe some of the Lexus veterans could answer. Like is there weekly or monthly meet somewhere in Dade or Broward? Also where is the best place to find the front splitters and rear canards that will fit on the 2011 bumpers at reasonable prices? If anyone has any helpful tips and tricks or anything that I should know about the car, that would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pics of the car.
Old 02-27-11, 06:46 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey congrats on the new car, i just picked up a 2011 myself. Love it! You should check the local lexus dealers for the prices on the lips, the oem kit is called a gfx kit, you can also check sewell lexus parts website, their located in Texas and their prices arent bad, but with shipping it sometimes works out cheaper to just buy from your own dealer. I spoke with a rep recently as JM Lexus and was quoted $99 for the rear lip and $125 for the pair of sides.......As far as i kno their is no weekly or monthly meet for broward/dade, they do hav a weekly meet in west palm bch on thursday nites, the pembroke pines guys usually put something together every few months, you actually jus missed a meet in pines this past thursday, jus stay tuned to the Florida section and you'll see if their is any talk about any meets, hope all this help and once again congrats on your new ride....

p.s it needs a drop badd, looks like a 4x4.....
Old 02-27-11, 07:28 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Welcome and congrats! Car looks good! Check out the 2IS forums
Old 02-27-11, 09:30 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Hey congrats on the new car, i just picked up a 2011 myself. Love it! You should check the local lexus dealers for the prices on the lips, the oem kit is called a gfx kit, you can also check sewell lexus parts website, their located in Texas and their prices arent bad, but with shipping it sometimes works out cheaper to just buy from your own dealer. I spoke with a rep recently as JM Lexus and was quoted $99 for the rear lip and $125 for the pair of sides.......As far as i kno their is no weekly or monthly meet for broward/dade, they do hav a weekly meet in west palm bch on thursday nites, the pembroke pines guys usually put something together every few months, you actually jus missed a meet in pines this past thursday, jus stay tuned to the Florida section and you'll see if their is any talk about any meets, hope all this help and once again congrats on your new ride....

p.s it needs a drop badd, looks like a 4x4.....

Thanks for all the advice and the warm welcome. I read about that thursday Pines meet, would have been perfect since I work 15 seconds from where that meet was held but I didnt get the car till friday lol. I looked up those front splitters on sewell and they are like $306 I think but they come painted so I dont know if thats a good deal or not. As for the car needing a drop I agree but it is a lease so I dont know if I should plus on my old E46 3 series I modded like crazy. I had the car for 3 years and been through 13 sets of different rims, 3 suspension setups, all the interior trim was done with a sharpie marker amongst a bunch of other things. I really like how the Lexus rides so I dont know if I want to touch the suspension. Here are some pictures of my BMW. (Mind you I was going through that hella flush stage ) The wheels in the picture are 3 piece OZ mitos reverse mounted with stepped lips, they were 17x9 and 17x10 with an et15 all around and I 205's in the front and 225's in the rear. Not even going to lie car drove like crap.

Old 02-27-11, 09:31 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by meangene
Welcome and congrats! Car looks good! Check out the 2IS forums
Thanks for the welcome! I was on the 2IS forums all of last night learning lol.
Old 02-27-11, 12:50 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JapanRot
Thanks for the welcome! I was on the 2IS forums all of last night learning lol.
That's what I did when I got my is250. You'll learn alot
Old 02-27-11, 02:04 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by meangene
That's what I did when I got my is250. You'll learn alot
Thats for sure. I actually just turned off that stupid seatbelt chime thanks to some of the guys on this forum.
Old 02-27-11, 05:27 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

niice beamer, you can still drop a leased car, i always do, you can get a set of f-sport springs from lexus and thy wont void the warranty.
Old 02-27-11, 06:03 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

niice beamer, you can still drop a leased car, i always do, you can get a set of f-sport springs from lexus and thy wont void the warranty.
How much is the drop on those springs? And what's a good price dealer installed.
Old 02-27-11, 06:16 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

i think the springs offer about 1.25" drop, the springs are about $250 but you could prob. find someone selling a set for less, i dont think the dealer cares if they are installed by them or not, but avg. out of dealer install is about $150-$200, and dealer install im sure is about $200-$300. I leased my 2010 & 2011 IS250's, once i lower my cars i never really take them to the dealer for anything, i get all my servicing done and shop that specializes on lexus/toyota.
Old 02-27-11, 06:30 PM
JapanRot
Rookie

i think the springs offer about 1.25" drop, the springs are about $250 but you could prob. find someone selling a set for less, i dont think the dealer cares if they are installed by them or not, but avg. out of dealer install is about $150-$200, and dealer install im sure is about $200-$300. I leased my 2010 & 2011 IS250's, once i lower my cars i never really take them to the dealer for anything, i get all my servicing done and shop that specializes on lexus/toyota.
We need to get some sort of weekly meet going so I can pick peoples brains for modding ideas lol. I have a spot in pines that the bmws meet up every Thursday we should join them. A bunch of cool guys who appreciate all cars.
Old 02-28-11, 04:26 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

sounds like a good idea, i like bmw's too, sim simma, jus start a new thread with the meet info. and location, im sure people will show up.
Old 02-28-11, 06:50 AM
Gustavo250
Lexus Champion

We can make a 2IS meet soon
Old 02-28-11, 10:30 AM
JapanRot
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gustavo250
We can make a 2IS meet soon
Im going to post up a separate thread right now but let's do thursdays at 9-9:30 at the charhut plaza in pines on taft. My friend owns the plaza. Here is the address. 12221 Taft Street
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026-1900