Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Are there a lot of CL members near Ft Myers???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-11, 11:13 AM
RmMarx
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RawkusX187
lol nice! But if you want something more alive like Chicago, south Florida is the place for you. Tampa and Ft. Myers is somewhat like Kansas. If you wanna be away from the 350 days of the year here it's where is at.
Cold* I meant to say!
hahah Rawkus! South Florida.. hmm. Sounds like a blast! haha. Could get a bit crazy!
Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Like robertrios said USF is top notch when it comes to nursing/medical field. I just graduated this past year with my degree in biomedical science and currently go to grad school at the University of St. Augustine for my doctorate in Physical Therapy. Moffitt cancer and research center is on the main campus, your 30 minutes from Clearwater beach which is one of the best beaches in all of Florida. Nightlife is pretty good with ybor and channelside, as well as St. Petersburg if you want to make the drive (like 40 minutes from USF).

The SC has a pretty strong following in Tampa with my buddy redphoenix being known mostly in the area. The Tampa crew meets every wednesday at the applebees right next to USF to talk and hang out, plus now USF has a huge car meet every other friday on campus. You will be only an hour and a half from all the Orlando members and a few hours away from the crew down south in Miami.

Just remember all the schools in Miami are more expensive (ex UM and NOVA) and personally are not really worth it for your undergrad. Stick with a public school like USF with huge credentials in the medical field and you will be good to go.
Thanks for all the info P.R.S.!! That helps a lot. USF was kinda one that I was looking into. I just need to get out of the midwest.. I also have a really good gf who lives in Costa Mesa CA near LA... haha. So I'm gonna do FL or CA... Just kinda stickin my toes in the water so to speak. I want to come down and visit some of the schools in FL!
Old 03-16-11, 12:54 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RmMarx
hahah Rawkus! South Florida.. hmm. Sounds like a blast! haha. Could get a bit crazy!

Thanks for all the info P.R.S.!! That helps a lot. USF was kinda one that I was looking into. I just need to get out of the midwest.. I also have a really good gf who lives in Costa Mesa CA near LA... haha. So I'm gonna do FL or CA... Just kinda stickin my toes in the water so to speak. I want to come down and visit some of the schools in FL!
FL and CA is about the same. Good luck on your skool search and wish you the best!
Old 03-16-11, 07:51 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your very welcome If you do have the opportunity over the summer to come here and CA to visit some of the schools I would definitely do it. Always better to see the campuses in real life and decide for yourself if this is where you can call home for awhile. Believe me I have seen too many of my friends go to one college and call me saying they hate it there.

Get it right the first time around if you can. The best thing to keep in mind is that not every school is meant for you. As an example here in FL its some kids dreams of going to UF in Gainesville just to say that there a "Florida gator." Well thats all fine and dandy but does the school even offer you the kind of education you want? Is the living areas what you like? Does the school seem to old for you and run down or do you like that old school college vibe? Are there any good places to hand wash my car every weekend to make sure it's always in prestine condition for the weekends? Hahaha....j/p. Many questions to think about but I'm sure you will come up with the right decision for you and your SC's sake
Old 03-18-11, 01:28 PM
santacruz
Driver

There are a decent amount of modded lexus' in swfla. I live in Naples about 30 minutes south of fgcu...the IS is a popular car around here.
Old 03-21-11, 08:01 AM
RmMarx
Pole Position

FL and CA is about the same. Good luck on your skool search and wish you the best!
Thanks Rawkus!
Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Your very welcome If you do have the opportunity over the summer to come here and CA to visit some of the schools I would definitely do it. Always better to see the campuses in real life and decide for yourself if this is where you can call home for awhile. Believe me I have seen too many of my friends go to one college and call me saying they hate it there.

Get it right the first time around if you can. The best thing to keep in mind is that not every school is meant for you. As an example here in FL its some kids dreams of going to UF in Gainesville just to say that there a "Florida gator." Well thats all fine and dandy but does the school even offer you the kind of education you want? Is the living areas what you like? Does the school seem to old for you and run down or do you like that old school college vibe? Are there any good places to hand wash my car every weekend to make sure it's always in prestine condition for the weekends? Hahaha....j/p. Many questions to think about but I'm sure you will come up with the right decision for you and your SC's sake
I totally agree P.R.S!! I already have 2 years of college completed.. about to enter the nursing program here.. but if i can find a change that is somewhat easy in either FL or CA I am deffinitely going to look into it!!! I have a lot of options and hey there is no joking about a nice place to hand wash my car haha i gotta have that!! i washed mine twice already in the past like 4 days... hah

Originally Posted by santacruz
There are a decent amount of modded lexus' in swfla. I live in Naples about 30 minutes south of fgcu...the IS is a popular car around here.
Old 03-21-11, 09:39 AM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Rawkus!

I totally agree P.R.S!! I already have 2 years of college completed.. about to enter the nursing program here.. but if i can find a change that is somewhat easy in either FL or CA I am deffinitely going to look into it!!! I have a lot of options and hey there is no joking about a nice place to hand wash my car haha i gotta have that!! i washed mine twice already in the past like 4 days... hah
Wow if there were more girls like you out there!

Last edited by RawkusX187; 03-22-11 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-21-11, 02:13 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you are on the right track and have chosen a good career. That in itself is half the battle. Good luck in your search and I'm sure everything will turn out for the best. And as Rawkus said above me^^^^.....we can only wish for more girls to be more like you when it comes to cars....especially love for the SC....haha.
Old 03-23-11, 05:12 PM
ElDomiGs3
Rookie

i lived in sw florida for 5 years and i cant remember ever seeing any nice lexus' besides an occasional Is. But south florida is a completely different story.
Old 03-24-11, 03:49 PM
Sick03L
Driver

Cape Coral / Ft Myers guy here. Come on down.
Old 03-29-11, 08:04 AM
MsLucy350
Rookie

25 year old female, fort myers area. I'm currently an LPN but I'm continuing on for my RN soon. FGCU is good and Edison is supposed to be good for nursing. I live 5 minutes from FGCU and there is a decent amount of things to do in the area. I don't do the whole club thing but there are a few nice ones here, lot's of nice bars, and 2 nice big malls There are quite a few lexus's in the Naples/Ft. Myers area due mainly to snow birds lol. We need to get a sw fl meet going!! I think you'd like it here though, I've been here almost all my life and I still wouldn't wanna live anywhere else.
Old 03-29-11, 02:13 PM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, come down to Ft. Myers area. I go to FGCU and also got a white sc300!
SWFL the best because, its got the best beaches, best fishing (ten thousand islands near Marco), and FGCU has pretty legit professors in the business department.
Old 03-29-11, 03:51 PM
santacruz
Driver

We should definitely get a SWFL meet going sometime. Seems as if there are enough of us. I'd love to be able to go to an all Lexus meet without driving an hour and a half.
Old 03-29-11, 06:05 PM
MsLucy350
Rookie

Let's do it!! I got 2 other friends that drive lexus's but they are not computer friendly lol If we could get a meet started up though that'd be great! So count 3 in over here :-)
Old 03-30-11, 07:55 AM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 more!!! SWFL meet
Old 03-30-11, 04:17 PM
santacruz
Driver

Maybe something at coconut point? Would be a decent mid point between naples and ft. myers. Plenty of stuff to do there too if we get bored.

Quick Reply: Are there a lot of CL members near Ft Myers???