Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

MEGA MEET@ JM Lexus April 17th

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 08:16 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznRacer
IMO JM Lexus is supposed to be a place for our annual Lexus/Supra meet that everyone been waiting for. However this year they want to add scion to the list that has kill it for majority of us. Im sorry but if I want to see a bunch of scion and corolla riced out I would just go to Tower on Friday nights.
Exactly.....
Old 04-02-11, 08:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

reggie

the whole spirit and intent of the mega meet as i helped josh start this has been lost in the money /business shuffle....this venue was supposed to be the event that each year all lexus and supra guys could look forward to getting together , show off your rides , sit back catch up with all friends you dont tend to see throughout the year and basically enjoy the company of all those who have the same common love ...CARS AND PEOPLE
i told josh from the very very first one i helped him with " dont let the lure of money enter the arena , for once it becomes a business the whole spirit of the event will diminish , crash and burn" hence what occured last year and now for this current attempted failure.

money is not everything..jm lexus people should by now realize the impact CLFL has on events of this nature... there was a time not too long ago when their was a event of this nature or any decent venue that CLFL would bring it in numbers so large that the buzz on the net of clubs within south florida was like "damm those boys run deep" we will bring it back , we will get back to those levels again even if we half to move this annual event elsewhere
Old 04-02-11, 10:29 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Here is the official link to the JM boycott barbecue for all who use to love the event but are pissed off with the way big business treats there followers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/flo...17-11-a-2.html

So if you would like to Take it to the man as they say post up on the above thread and attend the barbecue to make a stand.
Old 04-03-11, 03:18 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
reggie

the whole spirit and intent of the mega meet as i helped josh start this has been lost in the money /business shuffle....this venue was supposed to be the event that each year all lexus and supra guys could look forward to getting together , show off your rides , sit back catch up with all friends you dont tend to see throughout the year and basically enjoy the company of all those who have the same common love ...CARS AND PEOPLE
i told josh from the very very first one i helped him with " dont let the lure of money enter the arena , for once it becomes a business the whole spirit of the event will diminish , crash and burn" hence what occured last year and now for this current attempted failure.

money is not everything..jm lexus people should by now realize the impact CLFL has on events of this nature... there was a time not too long ago when their was a event of this nature or any decent venue that CLFL would bring it in numbers so large that the buzz on the net of clubs within south florida was like "damm those boys run deep" we will bring it back , we will get back to those levels again even if we half to move this annual event elsewhere
As a I recall, we've never had a problem with any car that had a Toyota engine in it come to our meets. If we were talking about Honda's or Nissan's, I would agree. Toyota's are part of the family. Actually, Lexus is part of the Toyota family. I'm not in agreement with that issue.

The $25....I know some of our members might think that's high but for most of us, how can that be? We drive a higher end car. PLUS, we spend big bucks changing it. If I see one guy with aftermarket wheels and a drop talking about $25 beign too much, I will talk crap to that person all day. Unless they are having some new financial problems. Other than that, it's rdiculous that someone would balk over $25. I thank God I can say that. It is a blessing and I refuse to be petty over it.

Lastly, what is wrong with JM making a little money out of this. We've had free meets for years. Who in the world spends money on events knowing it is a loss. We aren't buying cars because of these meets. There's no reason for them to subsidized this forever.

I'm sorry but this sounds like little kids. If you don't play the way I want I am taking my ball home. Jeesh. I guess I'm not really surprised.

I'm not mad at anyone so if you guys get mad at me for these comments, more power to you. I'm just telling it like I see it. I won't return any anger so keep it to yourselves. Remember, we're men and should okay with people speaking their mind.

However, constructive comments are welcome.

ANytime we get together it's good. I am looking forward to a big BBQ. I'll be there. Not to boycott but because I prefer to eat BBQ than stand around in a parking lot.
Old 04-03-11, 03:27 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Reggie,

Your point is taken, but to ignore the fact that JM is holding this meet to capitalize on their new found business venture on the backs of the little peoples $25.00 admission is the reason for the move of the majority of SFLA Club Lexus to As the thread stated Boycott the Man.
Old 04-03-11, 03:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Reggie,

Your point is taken, but to ignore the fact that JM is holding this meet to capitalize on their new found business venture on the backs of the little peoples $25.00 admission is the reason for the move of the majority of SFLA Club Lexus to As the thread stated Boycott the Man.
Why shouldn't they make money? They are a business.
Doesn't HIN charge money. What about the Dub shows and all the others. I'd pay $50 if there were some activities and models walking aroung.
Old 04-03-11, 04:21 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah but if anything, our presentation of the work done to our rides is enough promo of the future mods that can be done to the car, when u buy stock one. So parking our rides once a year in their lot shouldn't be a hurt in their pocket, not one bit. If anything we are bringing them business/ customers that are not toyota/ lexus owners, It's not our fault that jm hired a high paying DJ and then want to charge us for it.... A fair price at the most should be $15..... Jus my 2 cents
Old 04-03-11, 04:41 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
Why shouldn't they make money? They are a business.
Doesn't HIN charge money. What about the Dub shows and all the others. I'd pay $50 if there were some activities and models walking aroung.
HENCE " models walking around" not REALLY.. huge FAIL..I payed $25 to go to the state of stance/hellaflush show at the stadium last year and that sir was worth my $25 and more there are a few member that would vouch on that
Old 04-03-11, 06:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IndecentSC
HENCE " models walking around" not REALLY.. huge FAIL..I payed $25 to go to the state of stance/hellaflush show at the stadium last year and that sir was worth my $25 and more there are a few member that would vouch on that
Tony, I really don't care about models...it was just an example of an activity you see at really nice meets. I've always said I am tired of meets where we just stand around in parking lots talking about the same old same old.

No one is going to adequately explain this boycott thing to my satisfaction so screw it. Lets just do the darn thing. The BBQ thing.
Old 04-03-11, 06:26 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IndecentSC
Very true!
Old 04-03-11, 07:22 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

reggie

you have missed the intended point... it really does not matter if it was 5 or 50 dollars.. hin , dub and nopi charge a fee because they are pure car show venues.. this was always slated to me the once a year huge get together of lexus and supra enthusiasts , meeting ,showing and just catching up on whats old and new.. period,, to much emphasis was placed on the show aspect and not enough on the brotherhood aspect ..but to charge a fee to park in their lot is outrageous and borderline presumptuous at best..

lexus of north miami /south florida turbo meet last year was outstanding , they hit the mark and made a meet slated for the history books .. they asked for a $2 donation and even for that you got a lunch ticket for sandwhiches soda and cookies.. bravo

they want to make money on us , not happening

btw , i always urged josh to move this venue about 2 events ago , i saw this happening and i told josh that the mega meet no longer has to be a jm lexus thing ,, the name / venue was created and now each year a new spot should be chosen to host the venue .. for the west indian people example being " the mad house" it wasnt a club but a party that moved locations once the name was made

well mega meet could have been in key west , or africa for all i care its the mega meet name that brings the people

Last edited by lexforlife; 04-03-11 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-03-11, 08:28 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They even did a bad job of advertising. I believe a few people got emails from jm and posted the flyer. I get emails from jm but I never got any about the meet. Nobody would have known anything if someone didn't posted the flyer about a month ago

When Josh was doing it, everyone knew about at least 6 months in advance. Not a couple months before it happens when an employee posted in a thread about it but never gave details and never posted again.
Old 04-04-11, 07:28 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I don't have an issue with $25 for an organized meet. That said, I do have an issue with this being branded 'Mega Meet' and now open to all Toyotas and Scions. This meet originated years ago as a Lexus/Supra meet, and thats the way it should stay. We had participation from Orlando and Tampa CLFL/Supraforums members and the meets were good. I received an email March 21st about this meet - that's not really enough time for some people to make plans ( especially the Orlando/Tampa crews ) to attend this meet. JM really doesn't understand the car crowd they are inviting.
Old 04-04-11, 07:37 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I don't have an issue with $25 for an organized meet. That said, I do have an issue with this being branded 'Mega Meet' and now open to all Toyotas and Scions. This meet originated years ago as a Lexus/Supra meet, and thats the way it should stay. We had participation from Orlando and Tampa CLFL/Supraforums members and the meets were good. I received an email March 21st about this meet - that's not really enough time for some people to make plans ( especially the Orlando/Tampa crews ) to attend this meet. JM really doesn't understand the car crowd they are inviting.
ALL JM knows is how to make money and keep the whole Moran family rich as possible so their kids kids kids dont ever have to lift a finger ever.
Old 04-04-11, 09:04 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
They even did a bad job of advertising. I believe a few people got emails from jm and posted the flyer. I get emails from jm but I never got any about the meet. Nobody would have known anything if someone didn't posted the flyer about a month ago

When Josh was doing it, everyone knew about at least 6 months in advance. Not a couple months before it happens when an employee posted in a thread about it but never gave details and never posted again.
poor planning all around. not only did they not give enough notice they didnt realize there are other conflicting events going on the same weekend.

Quick Reply: MEGA MEET@ JM Lexus April 17th