MEGA MEET@ JM Lexus April 17th

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 09:06 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
reggie

you have missed the intended point... it really does not matter if it was 5 or 50 dollars.. hin , dub and nopi charge a fee because they are pure car show venues.. this was always slated to me the once a year huge get together of lexus and supra enthusiasts , meeting ,showing and just catching up on whats old and new.. period,, to much emphasis was placed on the show aspect and not enough on the brotherhood aspect ..but to charge a fee to park in their lot is outrageous and borderline presumptuous at best..

lexus of north miami /south florida turbo meet last year was outstanding , they hit the mark and made a meet slated for the history books .. they asked for a $2 donation and even for that you got a lunch ticket for sandwhiches soda and cookies.. bravo

they want to make money on us , not happening

btw , i always urged josh to move this venue about 2 events ago , i saw this happening and i told josh that the mega meet no longer has to be a jm lexus thing ,, the name / venue was created and now each year a new spot should be chosen to host the venue .. for the west indian people example being " the mad house" it wasnt a club but a party that moved locations once the name was made

well mega meet could have been in key west , or africa for all i care its the mega meet name that brings the people
agreed.
Old 04-04-11, 03:39 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

reggie

you have missed the intended point... it really does not matter if it was 5 or 50 dollars.. hin , dub and nopi charge a fee because they are pure car show venues.. this was always slated to me the once a year huge get together of lexus and supra enthusiasts , meeting ,showing and just catching up on whats old and new.. period,, to much emphasis was placed on the show aspect and not enough on the brotherhood aspect ..but to charge a fee to park in their lot is outrageous and borderline presumptuous at best..

lexus of north miami /south florida turbo meet last year was outstanding , they hit the mark and made a meet slated for the history books .. they asked for a $2 donation and even for that you got a lunch ticket for sandwhiches soda and cookies.. bravo

btw , i always urged josh to move this venue about 2 events ago , i saw this happening and i told josh that the mega meet no longer has to be a jm lexus thing ,, the name / venue was created and now each year a new spot should be chosen to host the venue .. for the west indian people example being " the mad house" it wasnt a club but a party that moved locations once the name was made

well mega meet could have been in key west , or africa for all i care its the mega meet name that brings the people
On the contrary, I do understand. If we wanted to have a big meet with us being the center of the universe, we shouldn't have partnered with JM. What they are doing is completely expected. Many of us experienced in life and business expected it. Plus, I see no problem with it. Nothing wrong with them making money AND us having our own big meet(s) just for us.
Over the past couple years, I have put on some pretty good BBQ's but we still went to the JM thing. The fact that they have expanded the welcome wagon was also predictable. I'm just glad it was only Toyota's. Completely logical and in the family. We do drive Toyota's. I'm tired of seeing the same old cars every meet anyway. I really hope Terry brings the Nissan to the BBQ. I've seen his SC and yours a jillian times.

Now I see you guys want to caravan by JM hoping to rub their noses. So infantile. Count me out of that.

It's one thing if a couple people feel it's not their thing to attend the JM meet because they don't want to pay the money but to call for a boycott knowing that impressionable young people will follow like the Pied Piper blowing his flute...well, I'm not a follower.

Let me state again, I'm not hating on anyone. None of this affects world peace. I just don't agree and never will. Let's just drop it. This is my last post on the subject and I only replied to this one because you and I have been around here a long time. Looking forward to seeing you again Ed.

Last edited by Ice350; 04-04-11 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 06:47 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow so sad about this event.
Old 04-05-11, 08:13 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Blah blah blah.....

Last edited by japspec; 04-05-11 at 08:28 AM. Reason: nuff said
Old 04-05-11, 03:05 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

reggie

i agree with ed on this one. the north miami meet was by far perfect. Covered parking, free food... i loved it. I think we should just do our own meet with our own venue. Theyre guys i know that build thier cars based on this event..ie change rims turbos, bodykits ect to compete for a trophy. Alot of people look forward to this
Old 04-05-11, 03:18 PM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by japspec
Blah blah blah.....
Old 04-06-11, 05:44 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's one thing to charge 25 for what use to be free but adding insult to injury by inviting a bunch of rice burning Scion that's the worst low blow I've seen
Old 04-06-11, 09:41 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
i agree with ed on this one. the north miami meet was by far perfect. Covered parking, free food... i loved it. I think we should just do our own meet with our own venue. Theyre guys i know that build thier cars based on this event..ie change rims turbos, bodykits ect to compete for a trophy. Alot of people look forward to this
A Lexus of North Miami meet this summer seems like a good idea.
Old 04-06-11, 12:15 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexISguy
A Lexus of North Miami meet this summer seems like a good idea.
Old 04-06-11, 06:18 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

dont worry another meet of the year is cooking and it wont be in the summer it will be early may or mid may at the latest.. i never understood why the annual meet had to be in the dreaded height of the blistering heat and dodge rain and hurricaines this will be at original lexus dealership where clublexus of florida began and is in the planning stages as we speak have a meeting next week with gm and possibly owner of dealership
Old 04-06-11, 07:43 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

dont worry another meet of the year is cooking and it wont be in the summer it will be early may or mid may at the latest.. i never understood why the annual meet had to be in the dreaded height of the blistering heat and dodge rain and hurricaines this will be at original lexus dealership where clublexus of florida began and is in the planning stages as we speak have a meeting next week with gm and possibly owner of dealership
Make it happen Ed..
Old 04-06-11, 08:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Make sure they know we are willing to pay entrance fee to make this happen.
Old 04-06-11, 08:48 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought we all agreed to let this thread slip into never neverland . But I keep seeing it, pop up with nonsense . So I would like to bump it with my own nonsense..

Why do birds

Suddenly appear?

Everytime you are near

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

Why do stars

Fall down from the sky?

Everytime you walk by

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

(*) on the day that you were born

The angels got together and decided

To create a dream come true

So they sprinkled moondust in your hair

Of gold and starlight in your eyes of blue

(**) that is why all the girls in town

Follow you all around

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

Repeat (*)

Repeat (**) ------Make sure you repeat

Just like me

They long to be

Close to you

Woo... close to you...

Last edited by //LRD; 04-07-11 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-07-11, 03:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

reggie since you really want to open that mega bank acct , ill tell them to have you and you only foot the bill..

in fact ill ask them to charge you double seeing that its soooo painful for you to attend with the notion to hang out see cars and talk car talk.. you can even bring a volleyball or even better as roger suggested bring a portable dvd player and watch glee while you pay to enter the lot
Old 04-07-11, 10:29 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

reggie since you really want to open that mega bank acct , ill tell them to have you and you only foot the bill..

in fact ill ask them to charge you double seeing that its soooo painful for you to attend with the notion to hang out see cars and talk car talk.. you can even bring a volleyball or even better as roger suggested bring a portable dvd player and watch glee while you pay to enter the lot
Not that funny!

What's Glee?

Sure, I'll pay for everyone! (that's funny).

Seriously, I thought you were joking until the bit about painfulness. People are different. They like different things. I like looking at and hearing about our cars. BUT ALL DAY LONG! I thought Lexus owners would have a number of things in common we could share. Sports, politics, business....not just talking about your latest blow off valve installment for 5 straight hours.
I have no problem with you liking to stand around all day talking about cars but I'd like to offer others something besides that.

In the other thread I suggested a kickball game. If people want to participate great. If they don't, no biggie. Don't get too serious on me dude.

Quick Reply: MEGA MEET@ JM Lexus April 17th