Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Any members deal with Treasure Coast Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-11, 01:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Any members deal with Treasure Coast Lexus?

Looking to get my 60k service done either at Treasure Coast Lexus or Palm beach lexus.. can anyone confirm that this will probably run about 500-600 dollars. thanks
Old 04-26-11, 08:33 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd steer clear of TC Lexus. I've had a few bad experiences with them.

Hold on for a long rant!

One time when I brought my car there for plugs, the detail guys locked my keys in the car. They had to jimmy it open. In doing so they tore the weather stripping around the door. They had no choice but to fix it but now I just about never close the door the 1st time.

Another time I brought my car there to get a new PS pump/rack, rear main seal/tranny front pump seal, brake flush, and to get an estimate on new trunk shocks.

When I picked up my car on a friday at closing time I thought all was well. After a few minutes of driving home the PS pump began whining when turning the wheel. This was because they decided to go cheap and get just cut a piece of hose from Autozone across the street for the pump to reservoir. It was too long and it just kinked up blocking the flow. After I got home I started to check all the things they had done. I went back the following day to complain with a few issues I found.

I insisted that the brake fluid looked like it did when I brought it in.

One of the clamps on the new steering rack was off therefore not holding the boot on tight.

The fuel line bracket under the hood was broke from I guess when they did the rear main seal.

The carpeting in my trunk was left hanging down from when they were inspecting the trunk shocks I guess.

After all of this they looked at me like I was the bad guy. They fixed the clamp on the rack & put my trunk back together. They insisted that the brake flush was done and did nothing. I was told that my reservoir is just stained. Then they told me I'd have to drive the car as is because they didn't have a loaner to give me. Needless to say there were countless RX's on the side of the building that had "Courtesy of Treasure Coast Lexus" on the back window. They finally gave me a loaner until the fuel line bracket and hose was fixed. I had the loaner from that saturday til the following thursday night because they ordered the wrong hose.

Again I left thinking all was well. Then to add insult to injury I had gone to Tire's Choice about a month after this and it was recommended I get a brake flush. I told them I just got one at lexus and didn't need it. They showed me the test stripes they use to determine if you need it. I went back to lexus and showed them the proof and they STILL insisted they did it. Then the manager tried calling my bluff and told me, ok we'll do it again but the color isn't going to change. They had me go in the back and watch the tech do the service. Low and behold the fluid sucked out was dark and the reservoir instantly turned to a honey color when filled. I swear the manager turned pale.

They kissed my *** up and down and obviously I didn't pay the 2nd time for the $130 service they "did" the 1st time. I haven't been back since then but the few times leading up to that last time I went, there were always new service advisers and the manager changed.
Old 05-06-11, 09:07 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

guess i should look else where... thanks durrby..
Old 05-07-11, 08:06 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i would say palm beach or even jm if you're willing to drive
Old 05-07-11, 05:28 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by AznRacer
i would say palm beach or even jm if you're willing to drive
thanks.. probably aiming more towards Palm beach..
Old 05-31-11, 12:29 PM
Tament
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live here in TC, but have not visited TC lexus, I have however, visited PB lexus and the service there was awesome, the service guys were very easy to deal with and willing to answer all questions. Not cheap for the service however, granted I dont think any dealer is cheap.