Finally building a tranny

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 09:36 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n!k0y@
that guy doesnt have the ***** for that
I'll make you a deal. When you go get a bottle ,I'll go and get one too . Oh wait my bad, you have to learn how to drive first........

Also when did I ever need a bottle to take care of you Robert ???
Old 05-06-11, 06:04 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice!!! john
Old 05-06-11, 10:55 AM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
I'll make you a deal. When you go get a bottle ,I'll go and get one too . Oh wait my bad, you have to learn how to drive first........

Wow... Iron boot to the *****... Ouch!

I am with you bro. There is mainstream and there is LRD against the grain..
Old 05-06-11, 05:27 PM
3.0tSoarer
Rookie

Anxious to see how this comes out. Seems like you might be onto something, subscribed
Old 05-11-11, 05:26 AM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

with all tranny talks....what converter are you using?
Old 05-11-11, 07:52 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RawkusX187
with all tranny talks....what converter are you using?

Keep in mind, I'm not building the tranny to be a 1/4 mile racer. Just beefing it up for more of the street abuses I put it thru.. However I did have the TC split apart to inspect the clutch ring and to gave it a good steam bath. However since the TC was opened. I'm thinking about having it made to a 2400. And some other things will done to it.

The transmission is done just waiting for the TC to come back from the shop.Should ready for the long stretch on &%#line May 22 ..
Old 05-11-11, 11:01 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Keep in mind, I'm not building the tranny to be a 1/4 mile racer. Just beefing it up for more of the street abuses I put it thru.. However I did have the TC split apart to inspect the clutch ring and to gave it a good steam bath. However since the TC was opened. I'm thinking about having it made to a 2400. And some other things will done to it.

The transmission is done just waiting for the TC to come back from the shop.Should ready for the long stretch on &%#line May 22 ..
LRD doing work !! will you be ready by Friday ? we should do a big roll out again , i promise i wont spray in 5th anymore !! LOL
Old 05-11-11, 07:02 PM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

LMFAO That Is Funny And F****d Up At The Same Time
Old 05-11-11, 07:13 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Congrat's man can't wait to hear how run after it's back on senor!!!
Old 05-15-11, 03:50 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
LRD doing work !! will you be ready by Friday ? we should do a big roll out again , i promise i wont spray in 5th anymore !! LOL
At first I wasn't sure who this was, but I should of figured out juice is in the user name .. Beside Mario if the tranny works out you might need the .. lol
Old 05-16-11, 07:42 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Well I have somewhat of an update . I went to Louis's shop today and installed the tranny. TC with its 2400 stall worked out great . The only side effect is there's a is strange bird like sound coming from the rear end ... I don't hear it when I keep the revs down below 2500, shifts feel shock sort of . But when I hit it from 70-80 while in OD, and it kicks down into 3rd. Once 3rd revs out and it goes back into OD it chirps like a little birdie @ around 100 . Now that I think about it, it only does it 1st> 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th but only when I'm WOT. .. What could that ever be ?? .. Other then that the tranny is super street able. And seems to like being in WOT position .

Thanks to Louis and Roger for lending me a hand to day ..
Old 05-16-11, 09:26 PM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That birdy sound may be something rubbing(drive shaft...etc) if it wasnt there before the recent swap,if not it maybe coming from the trans.

Try jacking up the car,secure it on stands,run it through the gears and listen for that noise.

btw: why you went with a 2400 stall? just wondering since most people run 2800-3500 stall on street driven sc/supras.
Old 05-16-11, 10:06 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by S14eva1
That birdy sound may be something rubbing(drive shaft...etc) if it wasnt there before the recent swap,if not it maybe coming from the trans.

Try jacking up the car,secure it on stands,run it through the gears and listen for that noise.

btw: why you went with a 2400 stall? just wondering since most people run 2800-3500 stall on street driven sc/supras.
I'm sorry, I know I'm not that funny . But yet I keep trying to be. The tire chirping is music to my ears. The transmission is working really well. When in full throttle the shifts are firm and extremely responsive. I had some concerns as to the streetability of the trans, but it all went the driver window once I mashed the gas. The trans act almost stock like in low RPM range.

As far as the 2400 stall speed. I don't want to put a lot of stress on the 2nd gear sprag. I like it.

Edit: Thank you, for your concern and quick response.
Old 05-17-11, 07:22 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

lol Oh I see....

So what tq convertor is that you have? stock or aftermarket?

btw: And if you can chime on how much this work end up costing
Old 05-17-11, 07:45 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //lrd
i'm sorry, i know i'm not that funny . But yet i keep trying to be. The tire chirping is music to my ears. The transmission is working really well. When in full throttle the shifts are firm and extremely responsive. I had some concerns as to the streetability of the trans, but it all went the driver window once i mashed the gas. The trans act almost stock like in low rpm range.

As far as the 2400 stall speed. I don't want to put a lot of stress on the 2nd gear sprag. I like it.

Edit: Thank you, for your concern and quick response.
lmao......

Quick Reply: Finally building a tranny