Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

HID Kit install in Miami, Fl

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-11, 09:54 AM
DenIS250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Kit install in Miami, Fl

Hello everyone I'm new to the site and was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy/ install an hid kit in the Miami/pembroke pines area? Thanks!
Old 06-08-11, 12:51 PM
Anthony85
Lead Lap

Hit up Trench town Aka Trent in hollywood. He did all my LED's in my sc and on my fathers bimmer X5 also my double din. Very clean installer. 954-709-2164. tell him Anthony sent you.
Old 06-08-11, 12:57 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out JR Electronics in Miami. I got my HIDs done there, and one of the guys in the lighting section is a CL member. I believe his name is Thomas. They do good work
Old 06-08-11, 02:04 PM
Mikeyy400
Driver School Candidate

I agree jr electronics did my tints and HIDs
Old 06-08-11, 03:17 PM
DenIS250
Pole Position

thanks guys, i will def give them a call
Old 06-08-11, 06:49 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had horrible experiences at JR electronics and my boy to the installed a 4 pack hid kit on his chrysler 300 a while back he had purples and they caught on fire while he was using them at night there quality of work when there busy is not whats up to me

I always head over to power wheels literally right down the street from JR Electronics the owner of the corvette that works the desk will hook you up with anything you need they stand behind there service lifetime warranty on there work cant beat that
Old 06-09-11, 08:35 AM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Supremeg56
Ive had horrible experiences at JR electronics and my boy to the installed a 4 pack hid kit on his chrysler 300 a while back he had purples and they caught on fire while he was using them at night there quality of work when there busy is not whats up to me

I always head over to power wheels literally right down the street from JR Electronics the owner of the corvette that works the desk will hook you up with anything you need they stand behind there service lifetime warranty on there work cant beat that
Hey how long did you buddy get that done ?
Ive been working at Jr for a minute and if you ask for me i will guaranty that the job will be done nice.
I never heard of a 300 catching fire since I've been working here so maybe ur buddy was doing something else to cause the fire.
And doing ur job at power wheels good luck cause I've had to fix a few of there jobs
Anyways if you want a clean install come to Jr and ask for Tomas the installer
Old 06-09-11, 02:22 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc2.5
Hey how long did you buddy get that done ?
Ive been working at Jr for a minute and if you ask for me i will guaranty that the job will be done nice.
I never heard of a 300 catching fire since I've been working here so maybe ur buddy was doing something else to cause the fire.
And doing ur job at power wheels good luck cause I've had to fix a few of there jobs
Anyways if you want a clean install come to Jr and ask for Tomas the installer
it was awhile back maybe like 2 years it wasnt the whole car either lol just the wiring they put it for the foglights and no he never touched the car after that i live right in front of him its a long time friend but anyway im guessing every place has there worst of the worsts but honestly power wheels never fails and they beat your prices
Old 06-10-11, 04:47 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't go to JR electronics. They **** up people's cars. I saw it first hand. Read the YELP reviews of that place. They're shocking.

For HID look up Miami hid on google. The owner Carlos, domes to your house fits the lights in front of you, does great work and is reasonably priced. I used him. He did some LEDs for me too. He's very good and trustworthy.
Old 06-10-11, 06:56 AM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

it was awhile back maybe like 2 years it wasnt the whole car either lol just the wiring they put it for the foglights and no he never touched the car after that i live right in front of him its a long time friend but anyway im guessing every place has there worst of the worsts but honestly power wheels never fails and they beat your prices
Originally Posted by *Batman*
Don't go to JR electronics. They **** up people's cars. I saw it first hand. Read the YELP reviews of that place. They're shocking.

For HID look up Miami hid on google. The owner Carlos, domes to your house fits the lights in front of you, does great work and is reasonably priced. I used him. He did some LEDs for me too. He's very good and trustworthy.

Supremeg56
To be honest I don't remember ur buddies car and I've been here for 3 years
But anyways all I can say is sorry for ur buddies bad experience and if I would've done the job it would've never happen.
About prices we sell the kit for 115 installed with 1year warranty on the parts and lifetime on labor
Well if you want to give it another shot just ask for me.

Batman
Buddy what's been ur experience here at Jr that you had first hand?

What I find funny is that the hundreds of good jobs thats been done at Jr since I've been
Working here no body hears about it but the few that happens to to south
It's like "dont go there cause they do f@#k up jobs"
Don't judge because of what people say come and check us out
Remember if your getting something done ask for me
Old 06-10-11, 11:51 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Supremeg56
But anyways all I can say is sorry for ur buddies bad experience and if I would've done the job it would've never happen.
About prices we sell the kit for 115 installed with 1year warranty on the parts and lifetime on labor

Batman

What I find funny is that the hundreds of good jobs thats been done at Jr since I've been
When I went to JR - here is what happened:
1) I explicitly told the person to install the HID fog lights without removing my bumper because I did not want him disconnecting my radar detector or laser jammers. And they agreed to my request and said they would go through the wheel well. They said it would be 45 minutes.
2) 90 minutes after I gave them my car it wasn't done, so I walked down the alley to the back to see what was happening. I see my car with the bumper removed.
3) I start complaining about how I explicitly told him not to do that. he then yells at me for going into the back and says he is not working on my car unless I go back to the front. He doesn't apologize for breaking my instructions he just acts like an *******.
4) So now I am waiting outside the front of the shop. Then some tech is having an argument with the manager over something, stomps off, gets in a customer car (that customer is in the shop). He then drives the car at a higher than sensible speed into the alley to the back, in the process scraping with the wing mirror the side of another customer car that is parked on the right just before the alley. Other JRE employees see it, but shrug and go about their business. Nobody tells the owner of the red minivan that got scratched.
5) I eventually get my car back. On the way home I get a Check Antenna Wiring alert from my Passport 9500ci. Clearly the guy left the connector loose or disconnected. Then I have to drive up to Palm Beach the next day to my radar installer to get this fixed.
Old 06-10-11, 03:30 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JR Electronics (I met Thomas and Joey the day I got my HIDs installed)
Here's my experience:
1) Joey was a cool guy and Thomas seemed cool even though he didn't talk much but I wish we coulda spoke more about our cars
2) Handed my keys to Joey and he drove off to the rear of the building
3)I smoke a couple of cigarettes while sitting outside
4)10-15 minutes later Joey comes back with my with my HIDs installed

This was maybe in March/April (?) and I have not had a problem with them. Will go back when I have $$$ for a sound system
Old 06-10-11, 03:40 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

I think there is something fundamentally flawed about a business that doesn't allow you to watch the work being performed and when you sneak back there you see they are doing things they were told not to. Bunch of punks.

All the best custom shops in Miami let you watch. They have nothing to hide.

Last edited by *Batman*; 06-12-11 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-11-11, 09:53 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Supremeg56

Batman

No worries man you dont have to apologize but its commendable that you did like I said no business is perfect and there are times that I still go to JR electronics when they do beat power wheels prices lol and of course you can walk towards the back and watch them work on your car when I had my civic i watched them put in a radio and the work was great

Just to clear things up I myself have never had a bad experience lol just my buddies car but if i do go back there i'll definetly ask for you you seem like a cool dude lol

By the way is there a guy there with a turbo gs300 1st gen??

Last edited by Supremeg56; 06-11-11 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-12-11, 11:39 AM
sc2.5
Lead Lap

No worries man you dont have to apologize but its commendable that you did like I said no business is perfect and there are times that I still go to JR electronics when they do beat power wheels prices lol and of course you can walk towards the back and watch them work on your car when I had my civic i watched them put in a radio and the work was great

Just to clear things up I myself have never had a bad experience lol just my buddies car but if i do go back there i'll definetly ask for you you seem like a cool dude lol

By the way is there a guy there with a turbo gs300 1st gen??
Ok man its cool .

And about the Gs that use to be mine I just traded it for a 99 gs300 :-)

Quick Reply: HID Kit install in Miami, Fl