Traffic Warning

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 03:42 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Traffic Warning

Scenario:
I was heading to working and got pulled over by an unmarked silver Charger on the 826 @ 3:45 am this morning. I was doing 75 on a 55mph (as you all know 60mph in our cars feels like 30 and 80 mph feels like 60 but I was unaware that I was speeding but he got me with a speed laser) but I really was going with the flow of traffic (very minimal amount of traffic). I got issued a warning and the officer gave me the following options:
1) Pay the ticket
2) Have a lawyer go to court for me
3) Show up to court (in both court instances he said may/may not show up for court

I just want to get some of opinions (looking for help) of my options. The penalty is $294 ( 90% of my paycheck ).
Old 06-10-11, 03:48 PM
sayayin
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have good driving record go to court and probably will be dismissed or pay a layer traffic ticket, the worst scenario is no points and pay ticket.
Old 06-10-11, 03:52 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by suislide
Scenario:
I was heading to working and got pulled over by an unmarked silver Charger on the 826 @ 3:45 am this morning. I was doing 75 on a 55mph (as you all know 60mph in our cars feels like 30 and 80 mph feels like 60 but I was unaware that I was speeding but he got me with a speed laser) but I really was going with the flow of traffic (very minimal amount of traffic). I got issued a warning and the officer gave me the following options:
1) Pay the ticket
2) Have a lawyer go to court for me
3) Show up to court (in both court instances he said may/may not show up for court

I just want to get some of opinions (looking for help) of my options. The penalty is $294 ( 90% of my paycheck ).
I'm puzzled here, if he issued you just a warning why is there a penalty involved? A warning usually reflects that there is no charge involved and the officer basically gave you a break. If the penalty is $294 then you received a speeding citation. I always would go to court because to me what's important is the points versus the $$. If your record is good, then go to court and plead no contest and judge will let you off with no points and make you pay the penalty. If your record is bad, then just pay the ticket and go to driving school to eliminate the points and call it a day.

Good luck!
Old 06-10-11, 03:56 PM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sayayin
If you have good driving record go to court and probably will be dismissed or pay a layer traffic ticket, the worst scenario is no points and pay ticket.
The Officer commented that I need to take care of my license since it's a privilege ::I have a history for speeding:: I have 10 infractions not including this one.
Year-# of infractions
2005-2
2007-1
2008-2
2009-2
2010-3
Old 06-10-11, 04:26 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hired a traffic lawyer. but this is my first time using one. since your in Miami I'd say PM Greg aka JAmon on here he'll give u his lawyer who won his tickets. just tell him I said to
Old 06-10-11, 05:13 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Use a lawyer. Trust me, its worth the money.
Old 06-10-11, 07:49 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

take it from a guy that has 14 points on his license(limit being 12 points) DO NOT PAY! go to court like mentioned or call alex hanna lol... its like 60bucks i think look it up. if u pay u will get points and end up like me u can only volunteer for driving school (8 hour course to take off points) i believe once in ur life time. the shorter class i think u can do once a year. but u can be sentenced (by a judge)to school 500 times a year...lol. dont waste ur privilege to do driving school on this ticket wait till u have a lot of points if u ever get there. but if u dont have a lot of points already go to court!
Old 06-10-11, 10:47 PM
sc5sdanny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Alex hanna is pretty good
Old 06-11-11, 05:32 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I guess I shouldnt have to repeat what everyone else said but go that route. I have a pretty clean record since I havent had a ticket since 98 but I got one 2 years ago on my bike for no helmet because I was wearing glasses but didnt have my insurance card on me. Hired a lawyer and it was thrown out. Not sure what those guys do but its worth the money.
Old 06-11-11, 07:20 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Hire an attorney.
Going to traffic school only keeps the point from the driving history not from the insurance company, Mr Wicked's correct the points are all that are truly important.
Get a lawyer and do the court thing, and hope the judge says court costs and judication withheld.

Good luck
Old 06-11-11, 11:14 AM
Steve727
Lead Lap

U can also over pay the ticket by 5 dollars, the courthouse will reissue u an over payment and as long as u don't cash it for 3 years, they drop the speeding ticket because it is not a closed case. They will continue to mail u a check tellin u that u over paid but just ignore it and don't cash it. My friend did this and her records still do not show that she ever had a speeding ticket. It's been over 3 years and she swears that she doesn't have it on her records. She found out how to do this from a website of how to beat speeding tickets.
Old 06-11-11, 07:30 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Steve727
U can also over pay the ticket by 5 dollars, the courthouse will reissue u an over payment and as long as u don't cash it for 3 years, they drop the speeding ticket because it is not a closed case. They will continue to mail u a check tellin u that u over paid but just ignore it and don't cash it. My friend did this and her records still do not show that she ever had a speeding ticket. It's been over 3 years and she swears that she doesn't have it on her records. She found out how to do this from a website of how to beat speeding tickets.
if this actually works u are god my friend... i get speeding tickets all the time... imma try it.. if it works imma mail u $5 every time i get one... hey mcdonalds is on me my friend
Old 06-11-11, 10:21 PM
Steve727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmh
if this actually works u are god my friend... i get speeding tickets all the time... imma try it.. if it works imma mail u $5 every time i get one... hey mcdonalds is on me my friend
Lol, she swears by this so the next time I ever get a speeding ticket, I will overpay the fine and find out for myself. I guess this is one of those unknown secrets that many should know about.
Old 06-13-11, 09:21 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Steve727
thats an urban legend.
Old 06-13-11, 09:23 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by suislide
The Officer commented that I need to take care of my license since it's a privilege ::I have a history for speeding:: I have 10 infractions not including this one.
Year-# of infractions
2005-2
2007-1
2008-2
2009-2
2010-3
you need to invest some money into a radar detector and/or a laser jammer

Quick Reply: Traffic Warning