Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

2jzgte throttle issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-11, 10:38 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte throttle issues

i have an issue with my 2jzgte when i am driving the car normal everything is working fine then i wanna go a little bit faster then the accelerator get stuck i have the following mods on the motor hks bov turbonetics wastegate i replace the tps the problem continues i spoke with a mechanic he said the problem could be that the bov stays open then when i rev the car it releases then the car goes back to normal idle any one have an idea of what the problem could be.
Old 09-09-11, 03:04 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like throttle cable binding .. happened to me on a first gen gs swap i did in june .. once i reorientated the cable alls good
Old 09-09-11, 03:25 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JZSARISTO
i have an issue with my 2jzgte when i am driving the car normal everything is working fine then i wanna go a little bit faster then the accelerator get stuck i have the following mods on the motor hks bov turbonetics wastegate i replace the tps the problem continues i spoke with a mechanic he said the problem could be that the bov stays open then when i rev the car it releases then the car goes back to normal idle any one have an idea of what the problem could be.
Might sound simple, but if it's happening when you floor it, maybe the gas pedal is getting stuck in your floor mat?
Old 09-10-11, 05:20 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

Default thanks

thanks lexforlife & wicked sc yesterday i drove the car around the block and notice that the pedal got stuck but not with the floor mat it has to do with the cable i have to find a way to put it straight as possible so it does not get stuck anymore.

Last edited by JZSARISTO; 09-10-11 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-11-11, 06:31 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JZSARISTO
thanks lexforlife & wicked sc yesterday i drove the car around the block and notice that the pedal got stuck but not with the floor mat it has to do with the cable i have to find a way to put it straight as possible so it does not get stuck anymore.
which cable are you using .. if its the gte supra , then its too long .. if you are in south fl and need the right cable installed lmk
Old 09-11-11, 06:49 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

Default yeah

Originally Posted by lexforlife
which cable are you using .. if its the gte supra , then its too long .. if you are in south fl and need the right cable installed lmk
but i do not know why this is happening now it never happened to me before
this started when i took out my engine forgot to loosen the two nuts that hold the cable on the throttle body so i guess it stretched out or something i am in the south Florida
Old 09-11-11, 06:54 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

Default the cable

i used a toyota celica cable it is good length