Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

The future of all CL FL Big Meets

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 09:41 AM
LovesignGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are so many participants that always contribute to the success of these events. As a volunteer for Mr. LRD at this event, I found it very disheartening that there were still some people who blatantly did not contribute in any way. With that said, I think it would be difficult to hire cooks as it would cause additional out of pocket expenses to the members. I do look forward to the next one and hope we can work out more details to prevent this from happening.
Old 11-14-11, 09:45 AM
fstlane
Driver

Let's get Flanagin's to sponsor it, we are there every week anyway.
Old 11-14-11, 09:55 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

on a side note, head count/car count is very important information for future sponsors.....
Old 11-14-11, 10:14 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm for one am glad everyone had such a great, and awesome time. having said that. I believe . having a bbq meet is just that a bbq. . I feel if more members in the near future volunteer their time with grilling and clean up. In the end. The event planners whom ever that may be wouldn't be stressed out or left holding anything.

I was somewhat disappointed to see how grown men and woman left empty bottles, cans and plates basically their trash on the table tops. .. Disappointing is an understatement , but I'll leave it there..

It is hard work grilling all day and making sure that everyone has enough to eat and drink. And this wouldn't possible without the help of Roger,Vee, Gary and his wife Janie .And of course most of the young children which helped pickup all the trash that was flying around afterwards.. I believe I've earned the right to vent little.

Listen guys and gals I am more then happy to keep planning these events, It's something I really enjoy doing . I just need more help on the day of the event..
Old 11-14-11, 10:35 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with the rotating of the grill...or the hiring a chef if we bring the goods to them...
Old 11-14-11, 11:11 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
I'm for one am glad everyone had such a great, and awesome time. having said that. I believe . having a bbq meet is just that a bbq. . I feel if more members in the near future volunteer their time with grilling and clean up. In the end. The event planners whom ever that may be wouldn't be stressed out or left holding anything.

I was somewhat disappointed to see how grown men and woman left empty bottles, cans and plates basically their trash on the table tops. .. Disappointing is an understatement , but I'll leave it there..

It is hard work grilling all day and making sure that everyone has enough to eat and drink. And this wouldn't possible without the help of Roger,Vee, Gary and his wife Janie .And of course most of the young children which helped pickup all the trash that was flying around afterwards.. I believe I've earned the right to vent little.

Listen guys and gals I am more then happy to keep planning these events, It's something I really enjoy doing . I just need more help on the day of the event..
Even though it wasn't my trash either i helped pick up a lil as well.... You have every right to vent a lil cuz we shouldn't have to pick up after others.
Old 11-14-11, 11:29 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off, john thanks again for everything man. Guys at the end of the day, I feel we had a great turn out, I myself would be willing to pay a little extra if it meant allowing john and rog get away from that grille, and then again I am also down to take turns cooking
Old 11-14-11, 12:29 PM
RHDSC300
Driver School Candidate

maybe have like a armband type of thing pay 5$-10 a head for the food and drinks ... and that $ would go to the people bought all the food and cooking but thats just a little idea i got off my brothers rx7 meets
Old 11-14-11, 12:42 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What about some people all ready bringing cooked food? I dont know about the food truck idea because what if the food isnt up to par? I agree with Anthony and have shifts of people manning the grill. Or we can order a shxt load of chicken from Moma Lucy's
Old 11-14-11, 12:45 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Its funny how you have like 120 cars and as soon as the food gets to cooking and people are done eating and 30 minutes later there are like 50 cars lmao. Its as if they just came to eat.
Old 11-14-11, 01:26 PM
jmf300
Rookie

I agree. We should bring cooked food next time and that way its easier for everyone. and i did notice how so many people left early after the food but its not a big deal. the real issue is making sure the people that made all this possible can enjoy the event. They have such a heart for nice cars and making sure everyone has a good time, that they don't complain about anything. John has a right to say what he said and we should all chip in and help out with whatever is needed. John, count me in for the next one to help from start to finish. Even though i am a fairly new member and it was my first meet, I wanna help out anyway i can.

Thanks again guys.
Old 11-14-11, 01:35 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by japspec
Its funny how you have like 120 cars and as soon as the food gets to cooking and people are done eating and 30 minutes later there are like 50 cars lmao. Its as if they just came to eat.
seriously, we didn't care about waiting in line for 35 minutes for food but that was only because their were a few people ahead of us getting 4-5 burgers a piece on their one plate plus chicken etc. :/
Old 11-14-11, 01:39 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
how about everything stays the same except we hire someone to do the cooking for the day, could be two or three people. They would still be using OUR supplys so I doubt they can charge an astronomical price.
I like this idea. It doesn't have to be a pro. There are lots of people who would cook for the enjoyment with a minimal pay out. Something like $50. I can find someone to do that easily.
Old 11-14-11, 02:54 PM
fstlane
Driver

Originally Posted by RHDSC300
maybe have like a armband type of thing pay 5$-10 a head for the food and drinks ... and that $ would go to the people bought all the food and cooking but thats just a little idea i got off my brothers rx7 meets
I like this idea, but what is if it's more like get people to pay the cooks, even if it's just a buck at a time.

What if everyone that ate at the meet yesterday had thrown in just ONE dollar into the tip jar, yeah it may not have paid for everything that was brought, but it would probably ease the pain for those standing at the grill all day.

Maybe give wristbands to people that bring stuff, so there is a way to tell a difference.

I do honestly have to say that I can't wait until the next meet, as yesterday was such a good time.
Old 11-14-11, 02:59 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^.... true but what would telling the difference do? I am not the type to openly invite people to a gathering and then denying them food or w.e... I think the tip jar is a good idea. and like ice350 said, finding someone to cook for $50 plus tips will be very easy.

Quick Reply: The future of all CL FL Big Meets