Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Need some insight from the fellas... important

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-11, 03:53 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some insight from the fellas... important

I've been away for some months and while i was gone i left my car at a unnamed shop to get some work done. Items were front and rear seals, catch can, front seats recovered and get the car retuned properly since i had the motor rebuilt december. I touch down tuesday and picked up the car, seats weren't done and car wasnt retuned, i was told to come back the next day to go to the dyno. Well, after being in afghanistan for 4 months my schedule home is pretty booked so i couldnt make it. I called and asked the owner of the unnamed shop the next morning if the car was good to make a two hour drive to palm bay and he said yes so i was on my way. While driving up seeing i havent had a taste of boost in 4 months, i squeezed it a few times but surprisingly the car felt REALLY fast compared to when i last drove it but i thought it was just me since its been so long. I get off the exit and after i pulled into my girl's drive way i hear a very very low tone tick in the motor, something you have to listen for. After some time of driving around with my girl, I pulled my greddy e-01 out of the glove box and the last registered boost was 30.5psi, on a car that needed to be retuned and when i left the boost was set at 20psi so i in turn dialed it back down. I stayed out of boost for the next day and after getting off the highway back in broward today, the tick is noticeably more prevalent.

So! for work i paid for in advance that didnt get done and now might have cost me a fresh motor, where should i take this? Oh, to top it off my sc WAS my only means of transportation while in town on vacation.

Last edited by trufanatic; 11-24-11 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-25-11, 04:16 PM
UrHookUp
Driver

Make that shop pay for it. He never finished the job you paid for. Plus he told you evreything would be fine.
Looks like he will be supplying a motor.
Old 11-25-11, 06:56 PM
ais300c
Pole Position

set that mother f-er on fire him and his shop.... after he gives you the motor.
Old 11-26-11, 05:31 PM
3.0tSoarer
Rookie

First off, i hate to hear these stories where a shop screws over someone and It kills me that you would make this thread and not name theshop? The purpose of the thread should be to warn others but you leave the name of shop anonymous and from your post,it seems that you to shafted. Couple of things, why would you squeeze it a few times if you know that the car needed to be tuned? Hopefully, nothing is wrong but it does sound like you might have done some damage, which sucks. Good luck with the shop and hopefully, they help you out. I wouldn't tell them that you squeezed it a few times either and I dont think that posting this has helped as they might see the thread also. Good luck
Old 11-27-11, 12:23 PM
UrHookUp
Driver

I agree & would recommend deleting the post. Then after you get resolved, or not, repost about it & the end result. The shop may make good on it & may of been an isolated instance. But some fault does play on your part for squeezing it a few times unsure it was safe. Nevertheless, keep it cool & be firm but not unreasonable.
Old 11-27-11, 02:55 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3.0tSoarer
First off, i hate to hear these stories where a shop screws over someone and It kills me that you would make this thread and not name theshop? The purpose of the thread should be to warn others but you leave the name of shop anonymous and from your post,it seems that you to shafted. Couple of things, why would you squeeze it a few times if you know that the car needed to be tuned? Hopefully, nothing is wrong but it does sound like you might have done some damage, which sucks. Good luck with the shop and hopefully, they help you out. I wouldn't tell them that you squeezed it a few times either and I dont think that posting this has helped as they might see the thread also. Good luck
I already know which shop he is talking about lol somewhere near powerline.
Old 11-27-11, 04:41 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Tell him you want a military discount of "free" for the new motor. Threaten to name the shop on a well known forum and im sure you make some progress.
Old 11-30-11, 01:26 PM
1100HP
Driver

Originally Posted by japspec
I already know which shop he is talking about lol somewhere near powerline.
If it is who I am thinking I definitely am interested in the update on this. I agree with the others in this thread though. Delete it so that you do not self-incriminate yourself.
Old 11-30-11, 05:00 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time you come to Palm bay Hit me up!!!
Old 12-04-11, 07:40 PM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh boy another one bites the dust from are good old friend....insert name here__________.Im pretty sure I know what shop this is.This is why I double and triple check everything if someone else is working on my car,cant trust everyone.......remember humans are working on the car.

btw: you are most likely going to be liable for the damage...... Goodluck and welcome back