Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

New paint job...thanks to blind driver. shop recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-12, 10:31 AM
MrGudbar99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New paint job...thanks to blind driver. shop recommendation?

Long story short. I went down to Miami to get something installed on my car. I parked it, and not even 5 minutes went by when I heard someone yelling that an old lady hit my car. Anyway, she tried to give me a check for $100 and call it even. Of course I laughed and told her just to get out her insurance card so we can get this over with. Damage to my bumper wasn't bad, especially compared to her door. So I was pretty calm about everything UNTIL she started speaking real, i'll just say, recklessly in Spanish to people around me and to the agent... not realizing that I in fact do know Spanish. I love when people do that and then call them out, just like I did her. The look and reaction is priceless.

Anyway, her insurance Geico, showed me a list a places where I can take my car. They offer lifetime warranty, guarantee, etc etc, so I decided to see if any of their shops were any good. Subsequently, I jumped on Google to check out reviews and used the little "Search" button here and it appears that JM would be the recommended place, however it's not covered by Geico. For the other shops on the list, reviews showed horrible experiences. Threads on CLFL were old, and I know things/people probably have changed over the years... So I guess my real question would be, would anyone not recommend Lexus of Pembroke Pines for a paint job just for the back bumper?? Other shops can be found here http://www.geico.com/about/find-a-repair-shop/ This is my first time having to deal with this, so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible.
Old 01-24-12, 02:16 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrGudbar99
Long story short. I went down to Miami to get something installed on my car. I parked it, and not even 5 minutes went by when I heard someone yelling that an old lady hit my car. Anyway, she tried to give me a check for $100 and call it even. Of course I laughed and told her just to get out her insurance card so we can get this over with. Damage to my bumper wasn't bad, especially compared to her door. So I was pretty calm about everything UNTIL she started speaking real, i'll just say, recklessly in Spanish to people around me and to the agent... not realizing that I in fact do know Spanish. I love when people do that and then call them out, just like I did her. The look and reaction is priceless.

Anyway, her insurance Geico, showed me a list a places where I can take my car. They offer lifetime warranty, guarantee, etc etc, so I decided to see if any of their shops were any good. Subsequently, I jumped on Google to check out reviews and used the little "Search" button here and it appears that JM would be the recommended place, however it's not covered by Geico. For the other shops on the list, reviews showed horrible experiences. Threads on CLFL were old, and I know things/people probably have changed over the years... So I guess my real question would be, would anyone not recommend Lexus of Pembroke Pines for a paint job just for the back bumper?? Other shops can be found here http://www.geico.com/about/find-a-repair-shop/ This is my first time having to deal with this, so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible.
Ultimately, the choice of where you're going to get the repairs completed are yours. All Geico does is refer you to one of their shops where the work would be guaranteed for the lifetime of you owning the vehicle. On the other hand, these days most major shops(ie. Lexus of Pines, etc.) guarantee their work anyway so it doesn't really matter. Good luck!

Last edited by Wicked SC; 01-24-12 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-24-12, 04:04 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Mad Mods in Pompano Beach
1306 S Dixie HWY
Pompano Beach, Fl 33060
and our shop number is: (954)785-7267

He painted my car as well as all of my friends cars. Tell him Peter with the green Lexus sent you.
Old 01-24-12, 05:04 PM
MrGudbar99
Driver

Thanks guys. I figured a major shop like Lex of Pines would be a problem and yea, I wouldn't normally see all of this as a big deal. But my friend who finally got back to me made it out to be, talking about getting it done right the first time, and how the prep work is done, etc. Anyway, he recommended www.maranellocollision.com because he has seen their work and that's where I'm sure he takes his customers' cars...so I'll see what they say. I'm in no rush.

Peter, if things some how don't work out, I'll call up Mad Mods. I did see this shop on the forum as a recommended shop. Thanks again.