Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 10:10 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by shaodome

nobody asked for specifics and I could care less about how the boost ramps in for 3rd gear because every car is going to be different. A yes or no would have done.
take it easy brotha , i know its raining but no need .. ill give the answer ..yes is the answer, ya happy
Old 08-03-12, 10:50 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! It took only one post to awake the Florida forum!

I want to meet this 3.0tSoarer guy!!
Old 08-03-12, 11:22 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jordan,

You don't think the CR will increase the power? for example A gte 8.5.1 VS 10.1 ge with the same setup except the CR.
Old 08-03-12, 11:46 AM
4CEDFED
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It stayed together good job Ed !! Thumbs up
Old 08-03-12, 12:02 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
take it easy brotha , i know its raining but no need .. ill give the answer ..yes is the answer, ya happy
It was getting annoying that my inquiry was somehow questioning Alpha's tuning abilities, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Like I said, if you guys figured out how to make an SC hook with 700+whp in 3rd on street tires, you were about to have a huge fan club for marble floor performance

As for the compression discussion.....many of us are lucky enough to have the luxury of e85 laying around so higher compression isn't as much of a concern.

In your example you say GTE and GE, I am assuming you mean the same head on either bottom end right? That being the case, correct there won't be a HUGE difference between the two setups as far as the top end of the power band. Higher compression = more torque.

Here is a good read if you are interested....

http://www.xcceleration.com/cr-boost%20101.htm
Old 08-03-12, 12:26 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^Thanks for the link and the quick reply!
Old 08-03-12, 01:10 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I am still laughing at the cat on LSD by the way......hilarity.
Old 08-03-12, 06:40 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I don't know why you guys can't just give props when someone achieves their goal and get some good horsepower. Who cares how he got it. Bottom line is he's got it. I've seen the car move and there's no spinning at all. Just twich and go. Passed me like i was standing still. So stop the nit picking and hating and congratulate the man on his achievements.
Old 08-03-12, 06:59 PM
3.0tSoarer
Rookie

Originally Posted by wayne
I don't know why you guys can't just give props when someone achieves their goal and get some good horsepower. Who cares how he got it. Bottom line is he's got it. I've seen the car move and there's no spinning at all. Just twich and go. Passed me like i was standing still. So stop the nit picking and hating and congratulate the man on his achievements.
No one is hating on the op, everyone has given there congrats to him. Op posted his results on a forum and what ou have seen is what happens epically on a car forum. Everyone is going to compare his numbers to other set ups, that is just human nature. The issue is what a certain builder, and I think he built this car from his responses has stated prior about all the high compression blah, about how it would make more power than lower compression set ups. I am glad once again that the proof is in his pudding as he won't be able to blame anyone but himself for these low numbers. Why can't anyone give a valid explanation about why a 8.5:1 low compression engine with less mods ar consistently making more power than this built one? Everyone wants o know and as that Shaodome guy stated, we don't want o hear about boost by gear garbage.
Old 08-03-12, 07:40 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Again the hater has shown up. Listen i don't know who you are but your exactly what this forums doesn't need. Every post you've put up is nothing but negativity. We're trying to get the forums back to where it used to be. So unless you have something to share that's relative or helpfull please stay out of this thread.
Old 08-03-12, 08:27 PM
4CEDFED
Driver School Candidate

Wow why are all the members in a pissin contest ? Hi testostrone low testostrone who cares ? The point is this guy got shafted by a shop , took his car some place else got a good low testostrone build made 715 whp not 400 or 500's so were is the concrats ? People are turning in to wild animals SMH !!!
Old 08-03-12, 09:14 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4CEDFED
Wow why are all the members in a pissin contest ? Hi testostrone low testostrone who cares ? The point is this guy got shafted by a shop , took his car some place else got a good low testostrone build made 715 whp not 400 or 500's so were is the concrats ? People are turning in to wild animals SMH !!!
Yep thats exactly why i dont post no more lol, and hang out because too much bull starts to pop off. Congrats to the red dragon have fun
Old 08-03-12, 09:18 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4CEDFED
couldnt agree more .. why rain on this mans parade

to 3.0 soarer.. dont know why you have made it a point to attempt to get under my skin , but with your negativity and silly remarks , it aint happening .. i will ask you to exit this thread for you have attempted to ruin this mans day of achievement.

now i will address a couple statements you claim ..please show me where and when i have ever quoted high compression makes more power , never said that , i preach as anyone with half a brain wold already know that high compression will make x power on LESS boost as compared to lower compression by virture of compression in fact another member with a full gte on same sized turbo as me running slightly bigger cams made less then 570 @23psi on pump gas as compared to me at 597 @19psi and same tuner and aem was used ( dyno numbers are just that , just numbers , how it feels ,responds and drives is all that matters), as far as comparing numbers , is it your car , uh no ..why you keep saying he made low numbers as compared to what.. 715 @30 psi on a 9:2:1 setup running just about pump gas timing on less then e85 fuel on a 6765 with a .81 hotside is actually pretty good .(and im willing to bet once full e85 is in the tank and running true e85 timing , his setup at same boost should make close to 800 ) now before you pick apart my statement about less then e85 , we had a time crunch to work within before alphas flight back to tampa , we had over 1/4 tank of 93 still in the tank so adding just 6 gallons of e85 probably gave us something like e50 or so .so with a clutch giving the impression it might let loose and less then e85 in the tank why would i/we risk my customers investment for sake of 50 more hp at this point.my customer asked for 700 SAFELY being the most important part of the request.so thats what we delivered,
now again i ask low numbers compared to what .you made a ignorant statement about comparing built vs non built . what the hell does a built motor have to do with power output.excuse me sir but power is made in the head not block , block supports power made in the head and having a built motor just makes it more resilient to destruction or in other words gives my customer more of margin of safety against destruction. i personally would have loved to see 715 at like 28 psi but with a bad resonator in the exhaust stream and a less then ideal y pipe its got to be hurting some spool and power output .

bottomline is OP is happy , he got what he asked for and now we have a solid platform to improve on once the twin disk goes in
so 3.0soarer exit the thread unless you have something positive to say for your badgering of me is getting old and tired

btw , i would appreciate if you refrain from calling boost by gear garbage for if you got something better as a stratergy to avoid wheelspin absent total traction control (which he will have shortly) then im all ears , in the mean time ****, please

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-03-12 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-03-12, 09:19 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by japspec
Yep thats exactly why i dont post no more lol, and hang out because too much bull starts to pop off. Congrats to the red dragon have fun
mark , much thanks for the respect sir .. the club will turn around back to where it was 5yrs ago and beyond .. i promise that
Old 08-03-12, 10:06 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
mark , much thanks for the respect sir .. the club will turn around back to where it was 5yrs ago and beyond .. i promise that
No problem man, I mean come on the man has been thru soooo much now he has a decently built motor by you and got it tuned by a well known tuner but yet he still can't get his due. I don't know what to say.

Quick Reply: RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft