Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Miami Dolphins Chat Line!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-12, 06:02 AM
TeeNastie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Not a bad performance against the Bengals, but Im still not convineced that the fins are "good". Ill give them decent for now....
You understand that the dolphins are 2 bad plays from being 4-1. Our record doesn't reflect our ability. The league has noticed that the phish are a force. But I understand your label. Here's the breakdown:

The offense is OK but growing. We now have a QB and a couple of possession WR in a West Coast Offense. Smart plays will keep us in the game. We have a couple of quick scatback style RBs. However, we lack a bruiser that can get us short yards when needed (I'm looking at you Eddie Lacy @ BAMA). Thomas is injury prone but Lane looks promising. Also this is our first year in this system it's gonna take time to build chemistry but good things are happeneing in the meantime.

The Defense is great. Particularly our run defense. There hasn't been a 100 yard rusher against us in quite some time. and YES we played against Arian Foster, Darren Mcfadden, Shon Greene, etc. Our secondary was our achilles heel for a few years. Sean Smith is becoming the player I thought he could become and we have young guys all over. Pass rush is consistently in other QB's faces. I would like to remind yall that we are in year 1 of a NEW defensive scheme.

We lost a few games due to special teams play in recent years. ST are now playing more sound and discipline.

Philbin likes developing his players to adjust to his system. The fact that the phish look "good" is only a sign of things to come!
Old 10-09-12, 06:26 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeNastie
You understand that the dolphins are 2 bad plays from being 4-1. Our record doesn't reflect our ability. The league has noticed that the phish are a force. But I understand your label. Here's the breakdown:

The offense is OK but growing. We now have a QB and a couple of possession WR in a West Coast Offense. Smart plays will keep us in the game. We have a couple of quick scatback style RBs. However, we lack a bruiser that can get us short yards when needed (I'm looking at you Eddie Lacy @ BAMA). Thomas is injury prone but Lane looks promising. Also this is our first year in this system it's gonna take time to build chemistry but good things are happeneing in the meantime.

The Defense is great. Particularly our run defense. There hasn't been a 100 yard rusher against us in quite some time. and YES we played against Arian Foster, Darren Mcfadden, Shon Greene, etc. Our secondary was our achilles heel for a few years. Sean Smith is becoming the player I thought he could become and we have young guys all over. Pass rush is consistently in other QB's faces. I would like to remind yall that we are in year 1 of a NEW defensive scheme.

We lost a few games due to special teams play in recent years. ST are now playing more sound and discipline.

Philbin likes developing his players to adjust to his system. The fact that the phish look "good" is only a sign of things to come!
I understand all of that and have seen it. Ive watched every game but I still am careful about being even slightly optomistic. Unfortunately the past few years have gotten me in the habit of not expecting much from the fins but I hope they keep it going.
Old 10-09-12, 08:43 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand all of that and have seen it. Ive watched every game but I still am careful about being even slightly optomistic. Unfortunately the past few years have gotten me in the habit of not expecting much from the fins but I hope they keep it going.
i'd replace the "the past few years" to 15-20 years...lol

from since I've moved to FL and could really understand the true depth of the game of football (came here at a young age), the Fins have over-indulged the beginning of the season and made the fans go crazy with expectations only for it to be blown apart and faulter towards the end of it. it's typical, I see it and just laugh knowing whats the outcome...

here's to hoping I'm proved wrong this year
Old 10-09-12, 08:55 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
i'd replace the "the past few years" to 15-20 years...lol

from since I've moved to FL and could really understand the true depth of the game of football (came here at a young age), the Fins have over-indulged the beginning of the season and made the fans go crazy with expectations only for it to be blown apart and faulter towards the end of it. it's typical, I see it and just laugh knowing whats the outcome...

here's to hoping I'm proved wrong this year
Well Ive only been watching the fins play since 03 so I can only say the past few years lol

The main reason why I cant be excited for the dolphins is because of Ireland and Ross. They do not know how to run a football team and are running the franchise to the ground
Old 10-09-12, 09:24 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah your the idiot who loves to talk crap about the Heat and Dolphins. You dont like the teams? Thats fine, but dont come in here and start trying to talk **** to people by saying how they must not have a job because they voice their opinion. Nobody give you crap like that when you say something, so dont act all surprised when someone calls you out.

Seriously, I HATE people who always look down on others and talk crap but cant handle it when its thrown back at them.....grow up and act your age old man
Dude, I talk crap to those members that I know! I've never said anything to u @ all. I will say anything I like on any of the thread on here......... Where did u get the look down chit? Can't we all get along with each other....... In my opinion ur the one that can't handle the chit talking around here!

Here r the members I talk crap with or 2! Teelex,LRD,97SCBOY & ICE350
Old 10-09-12, 09:48 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cut that chit out guys !!! Lets not make this a personal thing ... There will always be fans and haters. As fans of any sport, we can't change the outcome by about it. Lets keep this thread about football and keep the personal crap out of it . Please

Beside George is still mad that the Dolphins beat the Raiders .

Also it could be worst for the Dolphins. I mean they could look like the Jets, Cowboys and the of course the Raiders .

Last edited by //LRD; 10-09-12 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-09-12, 10:46 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
Cut that chit out guys !!! Lets not make this a personal thing ... There will always be fans and haters. As fans of any sport, we can't change the outcome by about it. Lets keep this thread about football and keep the personal crap out of it . Please

Beside George is still mad that the Dolphins beat the Raiders .

Also it could be worst for the Dolphins. I mean they could look like the Jets, Cowboys and the of course the Raiders .
Never been a personal thing with me! The hater & troll chit is what gets me I'm disappointed that they lost 2 ur sorry a** phins! There's still is a long season ahead to b played besides the NBA season is here.
Old 10-09-12, 12:38 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Chill out guys....this is all just fun....I hope.

I don't care what anyone says, the Dolphins play hard every game and are still enjoyable to watch. I am very hopeful things will turn around.
This weekend while watching the game, I noticed Tannehill jogging to the sideline and it reminded me of old Danny boy. His confidence at this young age also reminds me of Dan. I think we finally have a quarterback. He keeps improving and I don't know, we could challenge for something. Get us a speed receiver and wow, back in the limelight.
Old 10-09-12, 01:33 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350

I don't care what anyone says, the Dolphins play hard every game and are still enjoyable to watch. I am very hopeful things will turn around.
This weekend while watching the game, I noticed Tannehill jogging to the sideline and it reminded me of old Danny boy. His confidence at this young age also reminds me of Dan. I think we finally have a quarterback. He keeps improving and I don't know, we could challenge for something. Get us a speed receiver and wow, back in the limelight.
I think the Dolphins receivers are doing an amazing job.. Brian Hartline leads the NFL in receiving yards and even D. Best seems to be playing with more aggression .now. I for one was not upset when they lost both games in OT. I looked at it as they played really well for 90% of the game..Unlike some of the other teams out there struggling .
Old 10-09-12, 04:06 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TeeNastie
FYI we have been trolled by a Dallas Fan, Raider Fan, and a Jets Fan. All 3 teams lost this week (BADLY)... You might want to get off this thread!!!

BTW:
I just saw this, i really don't spend most of my time on the forms...lol But anyways... All i can say is me as a dallas fan would know that they cowboys will reach alot farther then the phins will...
Old 10-09-12, 04:14 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

beside i think mr //LRD started this thread for a reason and everyone has there own opinion... Im think the dolphins suck no matter what and they always will under my book. Other then that hope everyone enoyed watching the game and looking fwd to ones to come.. Hey john between me and you the Heat started in there pre-season and already losing.... shhhh don't tell nobody... lol
Old 10-10-12, 06:58 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
beside i think mr //LRD started this thread for a reason and everyone has there own opinion... Im think the dolphins suck no matter what and they always will under my book. Other then that hope everyone enoyed watching the game and looking fwd to ones to come.. Hey john between me and you the Heat started in there pre-season and already losing.... shhhh don't tell nobody... lol
Yo, P........ I believe it's "in my book" not "under my book" I think ur trying to write spanglish young man!

An yes the south beach divas did lose there first game..........
Old 10-10-12, 07:06 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350

U do have a qb! Not sure he's the next Dan Marino Just sayin.... Every time the phins get a qb he's the second coming of DM. Ur going to jinx the rookie!
Old 10-10-12, 07:16 AM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by 03SPDESIGN
U do have a qb! Not sure he's the next Dan Marino Just sayin.... Every time the phins get a qb he's the second coming of DM. Ur going to jinx the rookie!
Dan Marino did lots of great things for the Dolphins organization. However, he did not win a superbowl. Let's hope Tannehill is the second coming of Bob Griese
Old 10-10-12, 07:18 AM
TeeNastie
Driver

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
Just an FYI bob4256 started this thread

Quick Reply: Miami Dolphins Chat Line!