Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its 7pm I'll be 1hour-ish late
Old 09-17-12, 06:18 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
If its 7pm I'll be 1hour-ish late
As he stated before it will be passed 7pm on a Saturday to give everyone pretty much room for those who work Mon-Sat..
Old 09-19-12, 09:37 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

does anyone have any objections to doing this sit down /dinner on a thursday night . some of the feedback im getting from some establishments is their concern for trying to secure parking and settin the tables up how i want and not interfering with the weekend crowds.

it would still be 7ish give or take and guys wouldnt be longer then say 2 hours to reach our objectives
Old 09-19-12, 10:19 AM
sc5sdanny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will do what I can to be there and great idea Ed .
Old 09-19-12, 11:13 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thursdays are good, I get off at 6pm. BTW while I am here, I have a set of IS350 Calipers that I want powdercoated. Who can help me with this? any recommendations?

They are off the car so I would be dropping them off in a box.
Old 09-19-12, 11:34 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Thursdays are gonna be tough for me starting this Thursday through most of October. My younger son plays middle school baseball and several games are on Thursdays, not to mention ( but I will anyway ) we have a Thursday meet in Palm Beach County that we have been doing for ~ 3 years now ( it does start later though, about 8:45 ).
Old 09-19-12, 11:46 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

After 7 will be fine cuz i work 6pm sometime to 6:30
Old 09-19-12, 12:19 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 97SCBOY
After 7 will be fine cuz i work 6pm sometime to 6:30
I'm out the picture then.
Old 09-19-12, 12:56 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

I honestly think it's better on the weekends for everyone could have a chance....
Old 09-19-12, 01:50 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

okay guys , how about a sunday then .. the restaurants seem to be pissing a hissy fit for fridays and saturdays are their bread and butter nights , although 50 people is 50people regardless if its one group or small individual tables , i guess their concerns is setting up , holding space and we are a no show
Old 09-19-12, 03:10 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Sunday is football......so that would SUCK. Why not go in the afternoon then on Saturday? Might get more co-op from a restaurant. Which places have you called???? I do event planning (albeit on a much larger scale) for a living. Running focus groups, hosting meetings, etc etc is part of my job for years. With a lot of experience in this is why I made some of my comments earlier. I'm looking forward to this "round table" discussion with this many people....should be interesting.....somebody make sure Rudy is there with his "cup" LOL.

I'm NOT A FAN of the restaurant, but Bucca di Peppo has big rooms setup for just this kinda thing. There is one just south of Towers I think. Plenty of parking too.

If you really think 50 people are going to show its better to do a set menu a la catering style. Better for our pockets and better for speed in the restaurant, but they may require a deposit upfront. Bigger places typically have a catering manager. This is who you want to ask for....I really don't think Jimbo's would have that position though.

Last edited by shaodome; 09-19-12 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-19-12, 03:25 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaodome
Sunday is football......so that would SUCK. Why not go in the afternoon then on Saturday? Might get more co-op from a restaurant. Which places have you called???? I do event planning (albeit on a much larger scale) for a living. Running focus groups, hosting meetings, etc etc is part of my job for years. With a lot of experience in this is why I made some of my comments earlier. I'm looking forward to this "round table" discussion with this many people....should be interesting.....somebody make sure Rudy is there with his "cup" LOL.

I'm NOT A FAN of the restaurant, but Bucca di Peppo has big rooms setup for just this kinda thing. There is one just south of Towers I think. Plenty of parking too.

If you really think 50 people are going to show its better to do a set menu a la catering style. Better for our pockets and better for speed in the restaurant, but they may require a deposit upfront. Bigger places typically have a catering manager. This is who you want to ask for....I really don't think Jimbo's would have that position though.
thx jordan for the suggestions , appreciate it but again , please lets leave all the extras out the mix .. everyone who truly dedicated and engaged in the clubs future activities and treatment of one another will be present ,that im sure of ..

okay so sundays out , all right i will get a place onboard by this coming monday and we will continue with it being on a saturday night ...no need for catering as one of my requests from any establisment is a % discount off the bill at closing out of said bill. and please , as to keep things simple , everyone whos actually ordering and eating , bring at least 20 in cash ..

stay tuned folks
Old 09-19-12, 03:27 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sc5sdanny
I will do what I can to be there and great idea Ed .
thx danny for the support as you know from all the times you and i have hung out down at homestead how i feel about the club itself .. would love for you to attend bro
Old 09-19-12, 04:57 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I know it's your nickel Ed, but personally, I would prefer that we break out John's/Roger's grill at LRD's ( I'm sure I/we could persuade John/Roger ) and have a round table event there. Everyone can bring a chair and something to drink and eat. There is plenty of parking, relatively speaking, no reservations needed and most everyone knows where its at. We could even have the event catered ( jerk style ) to make it easier. This would put us all in an environment where we feel comfortable, at least IMO. This is just a suggestion, so go ahead and fire away - I have thick skin
Old 09-19-12, 05:02 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeeLex
I know it's your nickel Ed, but personally, I would prefer that we break out John's/Roger's grill at LRD's ( I'm sure I/we could persuade John/Roger ) and have a round table event there. Everyone can bring a chair and something to drink and eat. There is plenty of parking, relatively speaking, no reservations needed and most everyone knows where its at. We could even have the event catered ( jerk style ) to make it easier. This would put us all in an environment where we feel comfortable, at least IMO. This is just a suggestion, so go ahead and fire away - I have thick skin
thx terry but no thx .. it as to be in this setting or else it will turn into a meet , it will get out of hand quickly .. restaurant sit down dinner roundtable discussion it will remain ..as far as being "comfortable and in our own enviroment " means nothing will change broski ..

Quick Reply: clublexus of past