Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

4th Annual Virginia Key Meet Jan, 20th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-13, 08:24 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey thanks guys . I have always enjoyed this meet. But for the first time I got to enjoy my friends. I was able to walk around and meet some new faces . I wanna say thank you to each and everyone of you, from the members that have attended the 1st to 4th and new attendees that made long long drives down. VK meet is about CLFL and is for CLFL members and their families. In past events I did go beyond our forum to reach out to a larger audience SF, MY IS and even local shops. I did neither this year.. So for those who were wondering and concerned , there's no need to be . The members / people whom attended, are exactly the one I wanted there. Cor members, their friends and family Thanks again everyone, we'll keep having them as long as you keep attended them
Old 01-24-13, 11:39 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
Thanks everyone it's means a lot . I too look forward to this meet every year. It's meant to bring us together and unified our community. We here in south Florida and Florida members thru out , came together to form what we call CLFL. Now it seems in our own community that vendors are creating Teams . It's all good and all. But when team members or leaders take things to personal, it will eventually cause a rift in our community. By no means am I a saint or a pliiaier of the community. I have my scares. But never have I said nor rejected any members because of which model Lexus they drive or worst of all which wheels they buy. . . ..

As for the turnout which was good, and not as big as last years. There is no disputing that. I believe the main reason for this slight decrease was, there was no free food or drinks .
I know I sent you a PM but I want to make it CRYSTAL CLEAR to everyone that our #teamvossen is not about creating a rift. It is no different than being a Heat fan, a Bulls fan, a Porsche fan, a Twinkie fan and you represent the team you are a fan of. We started #teamvossen months ago on instagram and it took a life of its own where we even have t-shirts that people wear proudly showing they are a member of #teamvossen. If others want to follow and create their own "teams" that is great, we are happy to lead the way. Our intention was never to split any community up and surely not the Lexus one. I even saw a #teamTums the other day.

Sadly I had to catch a flight that Saturday as I would have been at the event and we are spread all over due to travel, the World Tour Asia etc. Even if we cannot attend, please contact me and we will be happy to support the event.

Having thrown Lexus meets for over 10 years I know how much time, energy and effort it takes to throw and organize free meets and we have to commend all the organizers and we also have to commend attendees who make the effort to come.

I am always available to talk too and I am quite easy to find as I am always at a meet or event so please PM me, email me, text me or chat in person.

Keep up the great work.
Old 01-28-13, 09:36 AM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Here is the final video of the meet! Hope everyone enjoys it!

Old 01-28-13, 02:05 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys go hard with the videos. Nice work
Old 01-28-13, 03:04 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nice video however not one single shot of any sc's within .. zero love for the group that made/makes clfl what it was and is

its all good , carry on
Old 01-28-13, 07:47 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Sick video! What track was that?
Old 01-29-13, 03:38 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
nice video however not one single shot of any sc's within .. zero love for the group that made/makes clfl what it was and is

its all good , carry on
Speaking of SC's Lex where did all the members disappear to. Usually it's at least 20 or more SCs at the shows at almost every in the past 5 years I've been around and this show I think maybe 10 if that much and when we got to the meet at 12 by 2:00 pretty much all of them were gone!!

That caught me very off guard.
Old 01-29-13, 08:33 AM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iRyan
Speaking of SC's Lex where did all the members disappear to. Usually it's at least 20 or more SCs at the shows at almost every in the past 5 years I've been around and this show I think maybe 10 if that much and when we got to the meet at 12 by 2:00 pretty much all of them were gone!!

I mentioned earlier I moved that weekend and started a new job. Next meet I'm going to try my best to make it out.
Old 01-29-13, 10:29 AM
Lextrd016
Driver

I totaly agree with you Ed.. There was a whole row of them there sitting pretty. I expected more old school is300 Gs, supras etc.. at the meet I still had a blast!! Cool video,but denfinty there where more cars should of been in the video!!!
Old 01-29-13, 12:34 PM
NOwheels
Driver School Candidate

Well im the one who filmed and edited the video and i can understand a little bit of why your upset. Its obvious you guys have a passion and love for these cars and i gotta be honest i really don't know much about Lexus or this forum.. im more a chevy guy but that's why i joined recently to learn more about this community. It wasn't intentional to leave the SC's out i do remember seeing a decent row of them all the way to the right. I did have a couple shots specifically of a white one with gold rims but what it comes down to is the work flow and hours that go into videos like this i really do my best to flow with the music and have it make sense in a timeline manner i could of sworn the white SC was in there but again making videos especially covering a car show by myself and constantly moving around and moving clips in post production you do forget stuff...especially since i didn't know how important/influential these SC's are to this forum. SO don't take it personal it wasn't on purpose i now know not to forget the SC's hope you guys still enjoy the video and future videos to come.
Old 01-29-13, 02:04 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iRyan

Ryan, I counted for parking purposes and there were at least 17 SC's. A portion of them left around 2:00-3:00, but there will still 10 or so until at least 4:00.
Old 01-29-13, 02:28 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Damn we still talking about this lol... Listen I realize it's a new gen out there. And truthfully the old guard just need to expect the facts. Us SC guys are all go and in their eyes not enough show .. I'm okay with that
Old 01-29-13, 02:47 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I completely forgot about this. Haven't been on CL much lately. Sorry I missed all the fun.
Old 01-29-13, 02:59 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we love yall SC owners! we were very sad that we cant keep up with you guys on the highway!
Old 01-29-13, 04:12 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
we love yall SC owners! we were very sad that we cant keep up with you guys on the highway!
LOL good reply, made laugh

Quick Reply: 4th Annual Virginia Key Meet Jan, 20th 2013