Making a trip out....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-12, 10:48 AM
feia0303
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a trip out....

Hello CL of Florida!

I am making a trip out to SoFL in January. I'll be flying this time, but staying for 3 or so days. I just want to get a feel of the city (Miami to be exact) and later on make the 3k mile drive out.

So I have a few questions.

What's the weather like in SoFL mid-January? What should I pack?
Ok.. that's basically all my questions but any places I should avoid? (bad neighborhoods, etc)

Thanks in advance! Hope to meet some of the so called #Lexusboys while i'm out there
Old 11-19-12, 12:35 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's about time you come down here...once you get here you won't leave...
Mid-January is the same like spring 80 degrees lol..avoid anywhere that has pot-holes so u don't ruin Ur fenders lol...
As far as meeting us #lexusboys I'm sure we can arrange something...
Old 11-19-12, 12:47 PM
feia0303
Rookie

Originally Posted by iRyan
It's about time you come down here...once you get here you won't leave...
Mid-January is the same like spring 80 degrees lol..avoid anywhere that has pot-holes so u don't ruin Ur fenders lol...
As far as meeting us #lexusboys I'm sure we can arrange something...
stuff been going on in my personal life so i need to get away for a stress break! lol, i'm not gonna have the little one with me.. I'll drive later, not this time! I'm gonna pay JR to pick me up from the airport.

make some choreos!! hahah
Old 11-19-12, 05:06 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh shoot. Maybe the 1st lady of #Lexusboys. Bring shorts, jeans and tees and sweaters. The weather here is constantly changing so there is no way to know what to bring for sure......as far as location. I guess if you like downtown style then maybe Miami or Ft.Lauderdale. If you like more laid back suburban type living then I would suggest Coral Springs, Boca, West Palm Beach, Weston just to name a few. We can have a mini meet for you when you come down. We're all love chillin with each other and showing off our cars. I got choreos on deck. Haha
Old 11-20-12, 04:09 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by feia0303
stuff been going on in my personal life so i need to get away for a stress break! lol, i'm not gonna have the little one with me.. I'll drive later, not this time! I'm gonna pay JR to pick me up from the airport.

make some choreos!! hahah
ok kool...yup florida is the place to be to relax....the whole #lexusboys will pick u you up....the airport will be Wondering why is there 5 2IS picking you up...."The Asain Ambassador"
Old 11-20-12, 07:01 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Like everyone else said, the weather is very nice around that time.

The lowest the temperature will go is probably 60 and you would only need a sweater if anything. Youll be fine with jeans and shorts
Old 11-20-12, 07:39 AM
andcas7
Driver

Stay away from Hialeah

And yes, it could be low to high 60's one week, and high 70s to low 80's the next, so a variety of clothing wouldn't hurt.
Old 11-20-12, 07:40 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

^----- i second that...
Old 11-21-12, 07:12 AM
feia0303
Rookie

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Oh shoot. Maybe the 1st lady of #Lexusboys. Bring shorts, jeans and tees and sweaters. The weather here is constantly changing so there is no way to know what to bring for sure......as far as location. I guess if you like downtown style then maybe Miami or Ft.Lauderdale. If you like more laid back suburban type living then I would suggest Coral Springs, Boca, West Palm Beach, Weston just to name a few. We can have a mini meet for you when you come down. We're all love chillin with each other and showing off our cars. I got choreos on deck. Haha
Thanks! I did venture into Orlando last summer and I remember it was sunny in the morning and pouring by noon hahah, I am going to stay near Miami, just gotta book the hotel now

You always making me jelly with the choreos! can't wait to meet you guys

ok kool...yup florida is the place to be to relax....the whole #lexusboys will pick u you up....the airport will be Wondering why is there 5 2IS picking you up...."The Asain Ambassador"
Awesome! That's so sweet of you guys. I'd be in shock LOL. Gonna be flying in on 01/09 around 4:30

Can't wait!!!

Originally Posted by bob4256
Like everyone else said, the weather is very nice around that time.

The lowest the temperature will go is probably 60 and you would only need a sweater if anything. Youll be fine with jeans and shorts
Cool, thanks for the heads up! appreciate it

Originally Posted by andcas7
Stay away from Hialeah

And yes, it could be low to high 60's one week, and high 70s to low 80's the next, so a variety of clothing wouldn't hurt.
Very good to know, thanks. I'll be doing some public transportation/on foot walking around so better safe than sorry

Originally Posted by badx33
^----- i second that...
thanks!
Old 11-21-12, 07:52 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Kool...I think me n Jr prob off that day too...
Old 11-21-12, 07:52 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andcas7
Stay away from Hialeah

Originally Posted by badx33
^----- i second that...
Wow he asks about a bad area and u say Hialeah lol? serously ? You think carol city,opa locka, overtown, seminola, liberty city are great places to be caught in?
Old 11-21-12, 08:02 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's cold as **** in January. I know because the 4th is my birthday and I hate it every year. Have a safe flight and one thing.... can you bring your wheels with you ? sure you could pull them off as carry-on
Old 11-21-12, 08:38 AM
feia0303
Rookie

Kool...I think me n Jr prob off that day too...
nice, i will keep you all update

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Wow he asks about a bad area and u say Hialeah lol? serously ? You think carol city,opa locka, overtown, seminola, liberty city are great places to be caught in?
hah, thanks for the update on bad areas. i know all places have their bad and good parts.. but there are some worse than others so it's good to know thank you!

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
It's cold as **** in January. I know because the 4th is my birthday and I hate it every year. Have a safe flight and one thing.... can you bring your wheels with you ? sure you could pull them off as carry-on
ohhh okay. i'm just going to bring everything. cause.. well you know how women pack LOL
thanks, and i was actually considering it. I might be doing a cross country drive later next year, maybe I'll let them go then!
Old 11-21-12, 08:50 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
I was reffering to the bad drivers in Hialeah...lol