Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Smart key programming south Florida ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 08:36 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Smart key programming south Florida ?

Does anyone know where I can go to have a smart key programmed besides the dealer ?
Iv called all the dealers down here they want like 140 to 180 to program the key and then they give me the bogus run around about how if the key has been programmed before they might not be able to program it to another vehicle I know there has to be a locksmith or someone that can program these other than a dealership

Can someone give me anyone down here that can do this for my es350 please thank you
Old 04-01-13, 07:05 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Anyone Have anyone ?
Old 04-03-13, 03:56 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

well being the smart *** i am right now it will lead into what im gonig to type now lol

first smart *** set of words is wow i can't belive no one has ever had to get a key replaced but oh well
but there is the chance that no one ever has yeah sure so ill put that benefit of the doubt for no response lol

but no to be serious
ok so another truth goes for not all dealers try to ripp you off i called the guy i deal with at the dealer service department he was real nice he had his tech hook the computer up to try and program my key for me for free no charge yes no charge but than he comes back and says he can't get it done because there where already 5 keys registered to the car so
he would need about an hour for his tech to get into the computer with the program and reset master reset the computer for the keys
then he told me that would be 159 for the hour i
was going to do it and he talked me out of it he actualy said i wouldn't worry about it if i do loose the key just have AAA toe the car in and since i already have a used key that is in working condition that then they will just do the same reset to get it programmed if needed

so he could have made money off me there but actually talked me out of it
Old 04-03-13, 05:28 PM
ISMELLRICE
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet deal that you took care of it yourself man some people are scared to go to the dealership
Old 04-03-13, 08:41 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by ISMELLRICE
Sweet deal that you took care of it yourself man some people are scared to go to the dealership
I am not scared to go to the Dealerships there are just sertain dealerships i am scared of lol

like Metro Lexus in Cleveland they freak me out have gone with friends before and nothing but rip off trouble from the one on the west sidee of cleveland however the one on the east side just outside of cleveland ther service department in decent he had a early 90s LS and paid like 700 dollars for the timing belt when everyone els wanted like 1100 now yeah sure they didn't give hims ome fancy new laonder vehicle like the other one did but for what he saved he could have gone rented a fancy new one for a week lol

like yeah ok this lexus dealer there hourly rate is a little messed up the way it works on a sliding scare the tech service associate told me like the first hour is 159 then it goes up the 2nd hour and then up the 3rd hour i don't know if he even told me it ever stops at some point
but i have a warranty so im not worried about that

and im sure if i still have the car when its out of warranty he will work with me on prices

also something i just thought of this was the orifinal dealer witch means they probably have the contact info the the past and only owner before me if they had 5 keys programmed for the car maybe they have one they never turned in that didn't get lost perhaps going to have to ask if he can contact the old owners for me or give me there number so i can call see maybe they have a key and i can just go pick it up if they are still local
Old 04-04-13, 11:55 AM
drastic95
Driver

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
well being the smart *** i am right now it will lead into what im gonig to type now lol

first smart *** set of words is wow i can't belive no one has ever had to get a key replaced but oh well
but there is the chance that no one ever has yeah sure so ill put that benefit of the doubt for no response lol

but no to be serious
ok so another truth goes for not all dealers try to ripp you off i called the guy i deal with at the dealer service department he was real nice he had his tech hook the computer up to try and program my key for me for free no charge yes no charge but than he comes back and says he can't get it done because there where already 5 keys registered to the car so
he would need about an hour for his tech to get into the computer with the program and reset master reset the computer for the keys
then he told me that would be 159 for the hour i
was going to do it and he talked me out of it he actualy said i wouldn't worry about it if i do loose the key just have AAA toe the car in and since i already have a used key that is in working condition that then they will just do the same reset to get it programmed if needed

so he could have made money off me there but actually talked me out of it
Well, I also need a key cut along with a transponder. I got a blank key from a friend as well as a transponder and went to JM Lexus this morning. They told me that they dont cut other peoples keys and they couldnt program my transponder because it was from a 01 GS and I have an 03. They then told me the only option was to purchase a new transponder and key for a whopping price of $280. Needless to say I walked out without a key
Old 04-04-13, 02:48 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by drastic95
Well, I also need a key cut along with a transponder. I got a blank key from a friend as well as a transponder and went to JM Lexus this morning. They told me that they dont cut other peoples keys and they couldnt program my transponder because it was from a 01 GS and I have an 03. They then told me the only option was to purchase a new transponder and key for a whopping price of $280. Needless to say I walked out without a key
who did you talk to over at JM ? did you get a name ?
im sending you a PM with someone there to contact
Old 04-05-13, 05:36 AM
drastic95
Driver

Thank you sir! Hopefully they would be able to help me
Old 04-06-13, 06:38 AM
lexusis305
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey if you havent found anybody give me a call 305 244 3776 lextech auto we do all types of work also master ase and master lexus
Old 04-06-13, 07:15 PM
drastic95
Driver

Thanks, I got it done but none of the buttons work. I was told because I have an Aristo swap the computer is different. O well i have an alarm so dont use the buttons anyway.