Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

My Review on BDPC shop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-13, 05:56 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down My Review on BDPC shop.

Im not sure if this is the correct section so mods i apologize up front. I wanted to bring over a thread from another forum to share my story and the drama i went through with Big Daddy Performance Center. If there is a shops review section please feel free to move this thread over there. I just wanted to put it here on FL CL since i don't want anyone else to go through the same thing i did or at least thin twice before using BDPC.

Original thread below :

So here is my dilemma, i will try to keep short and simple and hopefully not leave anything out. So 10 months ago i decided it was time to build my engine, after a long wait saving up and collecting parts i decided on a local business with a BIG name in the Supra community. I will keep their name out of this out of respect. So i walk in one day , with my plans in hand and sit down with the owner to get an estimate and a build time for my project. Now we had to agree on 2 things , obviously a reasonable price and the biggest TIME. So we sat down and we spoke, and like any good sales man he pitched the idea of a larger displacement engine. Take into consideration i already had 95% of the parts needed to build a reliable 1000hp engine. So the price did not seem to far off, but there was a little extra wait time. We agreed shook hands and i paid for the parts up front. Took all my parts i collected and sold them. Now im no professional engine builder but does it take 10 MONTHS to put a long block together ? if im wrong please correct me.
So here is my issue
1. I have been paying for my car / insurance/ and storage for 10 months when it should have been MAX 90 days as agreed upon.
2. Every-time i ask for status , i get the usual run around " still waiting on ....."
3. Things at the shop did not stop , racing continued, company cars were always being worked on. Yet my block is just sitting there ( back from the machine shop for like 4 months )
4. I see other projects being taken in , yet i still have no engine.

5. I call many times just to receive back simple " I don't know " messages.

I feel like i was taken for a ride, i have paid for EVERYTHING in full , yet i have nothing to show for it. What should i do now ?

update 06/10/2013

Name: of the Shop is Big Daddy Performance Center

Couple of cliff notes to add to story above:
1. We had a conversation i say about 6 months into the build where he pulled me to the side and basically told me he used my money for personal reason ( i have an SF member as a witness ) , you know what i did ? i said its ok Vijay , i understand. HE told me he freed some assets up to get my engine done ......... fast forward to the start of this thread this is what got the ball rolling for my engine. The engine went from nothing to put together in 30 days !!, so how do you explain the 10 month wait ?
2.He did gave me my engine and transmission on agreed date 05/18/2013 but charged me $1500 in labor! i should have gotten a damn waiters discount, since im out a **** ton of money for storage fees and insurance on a car that gets pushed in and out.
3. My manifold that was paid in full !!! , well im still waiting on that. We spoke on 05/18/2013 and he told me 2 weeks ( i recorded the conversation ) well its almost been 30 days and still no manifold , no phone call , nothing. Called him on 06/7/2013 and he told me " ill call you back " well its the 12th and im still waiting.
4. They are still racing the shops car and taking other cars , yet they cant even finish the ones that they started ! my car is #2 , they have another Supra in there that has been in there longer than mine and its all paid in full too ( i personally know the owner )

So in total i spent almost $12k , my car stil down , i have no manifold to finish it so my only resort now is to file a claim to get some of the money back to purchase one.

ANYONE THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE ME FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME @ ftperformance@yahoo. C o M i have proof of EVERYTHING !!

only advise i can offer is get the work done first then pay. NEVER PAY up front. Now i know why people like TITAN MS , MVP, PHR are doing so good , they treat there customers with respect.

So my review is a BIG Thumbs down for BDPC. Never will do business with them again.

Just wanted to add this for those of you asking questions:

Here on this picture you can see the dates when money was payed for the engine to get started :

Here you can see some time after me trying to get in contact with Vijay through FACEBOOK because he would not return/answer my calls. As you can see the dates when he said about 2 more weeks

here is me asking for updates again but now no resposnses not even on FB

way to do buisness !!

Last edited by M3ONJUICE; 06-14-13 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-11-13, 07:39 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Mario...Sorry to hear about your negative experience with Big Daddy!

I do however have a question though, why would/did you take your car to Big Daddy anyway? From what I remember you're mechanically inclined and can do your own work?

Basically, what I'm saying is that all these shops, no matter who it is all use the same Engine Builders/Machine shops to do their work for them. They all outsource their work!

If I knew then what I know now, I would have save Thousand of dallars on my last six years of building my car..

Hope everything works out for you!
Old 06-11-13, 08:26 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Wow Mario...Sorry to hear about your negative experience with Big Daddy!

I do however have a question though, why would/did you take your car to Big Daddy anyway? From what I remember you're mechanically inclined and can do your own work?

Basically, what I'm saying is that all these shops, no matter who it is all use the same Engine Builders/Machine shops to do their work for them. They all outsource their work!

If I knew then what I know now, I would have save Thousand of dallars on my last six years of building my car..

Hope everything works out for you!
My main issue was time Jerome , with me teaching anywhere from 2- 3 classes a week i had zero time to do the work in a timely manner. Meaning the original agreement is that i wanted the engine done ASAP meaning no more than 90 days. This forced me to go with someone that could do all the running around , phone calls, order stuff etc. Pretty much all it takes to get it together , i figured i was saving time , well we see what that turned into . If i knew what i know now like you said , my car would have been up and running about 8 months ago.
Old 06-14-13, 10:59 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

updated to post above
Old 06-19-13, 10:10 AM
JZSARISTO
Pole Position

WOW it sucks you had this bad experience with this shop mario thanks for sharing it with us what happened to you.

Something that i learned at an early age in life is when it comes to cars and shops you have to have patience because there are so many things that can alter what was agreed up on its crazy.
I took my engine out on Monday 6/17/2013 and i took it to the Machine shop i told Phill hey no hurry take as long as you want he said looking at me with a smile on his face i wont take that long i am dying to put my car back together but i am in there hands now. I wont pay a penny until they are done with it but now its just a waiting process.

But it looks like they put you on the last page of their book!
Old 06-20-13, 03:48 AM
F4A22
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know he was in the hospital right?
Old 06-20-13, 04:59 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by F4A22
You know he was in the hospital right?
Did you even read the post ? He was in the hospital in March 2013 , i gave him my engine and money in September 2012. You do the math.
Old 06-20-13, 06:44 PM
rdt
Driver

You know this kind of sucks. I dont know the details but VJ is a good guy. Im sure theres another side that we dont know.

I spent some time with him the other day, I have to say I was happy to see him...Doug