Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

If you live in Central Fl Hurricane relief for the Bahamas

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-19, 08:33 AM
slper
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default If you live in Central Fl Hurricane relief for the Bahamas

A couple years ago I reached out to all my friends to see what we could do for supplies to help out the families in the Bahamas after Mathew. I'm going to do it again after this storm passes. A few of us will pick up all of the donations to take down to Ft. Pierce to the Missionary Flight group. The donations are flown over to the Bahamas for those impacted. Some suggestions of items we need; toilet paper, paper towels, towels, cleaning supplies, non perishable food, can openers, drinking water, personal hygiene products (tampons, pads), diapers, charcoal, lighter fluid, gloves, masks, peroxide, first aid kits, Advil, Tylenol, Motrin, dog and cat food, bleach, portable fans, batteries, flashlights, Gatorade/power aid, insect repellent, rope, construction garbage bags, baby wipes, formula, clothing, shoes, candles, lighters, blankets.... Just imagine losing everything! These folks don’t have the same resources we do and they need our help! I do not want cash! If you have time please purchase just a little bit of these items and or donate your old clothes . I'll store the supplies in my garage until we head south. Every little bit helps! A side note, I have zero affiliation with the Flight Missionary organization but they are a wonderful group that helps people in need. In box me for my address, call or text. 863-944-1338

The plan is to gather supplies up to Sept. 20th and head to Ft. Pierce Saturday, the 21st to drop them off. Anyone interested in going south with a truck reach out to me as well. Supplies can be dropped off at our house throughout the next two weeks. We will be home around 5:30ish. If you leave them on the porch or in front of the garage make sure they are water tight in case it rains. Message or text me for my address. If I need to pick anything up message me or text me.

Scott

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-04-19 at 06:07 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by slper:
cory143 (10-04-19), Dew23 (09-08-19), Mingofish (09-02-19), tuscani66 (09-02-19)
Old 09-04-19, 07:08 PM
slper
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

All my friends and family. I want to make sure the Bahamas relief effort isn't forgotten as the days pass and the storm isn't in the fore front. Kinda like outta sight outta mind. I spoke to some special people tonight that have family over on Man-o-war Cay that made it through the storm. They have a sat phone and are communicating back to them here in Florida. They are starving. It's freaking sad to hear this but up lifting to see the results of this town coming together to help. I have met people I have never spoken to before that want to help. There are people calling me from Jupiter, Orlando, Riverview, Tampa, Hudson, Pinellas Park, Wisconsin, you name it, all over committing to help. Please continue to share this event and plan to help and give if you can. None of this would be possible without you all caring.
We got great news today as well! The Seaplane Pilots Association, the company Ann work's for, is now helping to coordinate relief efforts with their friends at Tropic Ocean Airways https://flytropic.com/hurricane-dorian. They have over 100 employees and 13 amphibious seaplanes coordinating relief trips to the Bahamas. Browns Seaplane Base has also generously offered a hangar so we can store and prep supplies. This is awesome how everything and everyone is coming together to help those in need! Thank you so much!!!

DM me if you need me to pick up supplies.
The following users liked this post:
cory143 (10-04-19)