JM Lexus body shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-19, 08:39 AM
DHenry19
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JM Lexus body shop

Hi guys,

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the JM Lexus body shop? I'm getting ready to get my GS repainted and I was thinking of taking it there but I don't know of anyone using them before.
Old 12-07-19, 08:42 AM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by DHenry19
Hi guys,

Does anyone here have any first hand experience with the JM Lexus body shop? I'm getting ready to get my GS repainted and I was thinking of taking it there but I don't know of anyone using them before.
I had issues with my wife's IS, from her accident i sent it straight there. When done i did a walk through and found plenty of issues. Got the manager out told him out right, "what is this, amateur night?" Dried drips too...
Even over spray on the front windshield...
He apologises, addressed all issues even made an example of it in morning meeting.

Be sure to make a thorough inspection, other than that very pleased with the end result.
Life time warranty too.
The following users liked this post:
DHenry19 (12-16-19)
Old 03-09-22, 07:43 AM
BMGS
Racer

Received 549 Likes on 338 Posts

I wanted to add my recent experience after a low speed rear-end accident on my 2016 obsidian black GS200T. The bumper and lower valence needed to be replaced along with a blind spot monitoring device that was damaged upon impact.

The Good:

1. The paint work and body part alignment came out amazing. On obsidian which is a pure black that shows every imperfection, its a truly flawless factory finish in my opinion. I am well versed in paint and detailing with a couple decades of hobbyist experience with paint, sanding, finishing and paint correction. I brought the vehicle to JM Lexus was because it is a certified collision center that should be capable of a great finish on a plastic bumper. I'll mention that under a bright light there is a bit of marring and it could use a light finishing polish but my main focus was on the work that I cannot do, rather than what I can repair on my own in under an hour.

2. They dealt with my insurance company directly in terms of the initial estimate and supplement that was required.

3. They did an awesome job on the wheel alignment, which was requested due to the side angle of the impact. The car feels great now.

4. No question that oem parts are used.

The Bad:

1. They offer loaner cars on premises, which creates a convenient drop-off, however one was not available on the day of my drop off. I had previously discussed the rental cars with the staff and at no time was it mentioned that there was a possibility them being out of cars. They did call to arrange a pick-up to the nearest Enterprise and they did accept the rental car return directly at JM, which was helpful. Going forward, I'll know to secure an Enterprise reservation ahead of time as JM Lexus has a first come, first serve policy on their rental cars. A clear communication of this policy up front would have been helpful since I specifically asked about a reservation and was informed that one was not needed.

2. The entire job took three weeks which felt very long. There was a delay with the insurance supplement payment (even though I offered to pay in full up-front) and a delay on the availability of the bumper.

3. The customer service rep usually took about a day to get back to me whether it was a phone call or email. At some points she was responsive but not so much on other days. There is a front desk where the phone is answered most of the time but updates still needed to go through the CSR.

4. A couple of small items were not addressed even though I informed the CSR of them up front. They are minor (such as a broken interior tab) but it was a bit disappointing that the vehicle was not returned to its full condition prior to the accident, especially when its a simple removable interior trunk panel or a possible loose backup camera connection.

The Ugly:

1. I did a quick ONR wash the morning after I received the vehicle back and I noticed four gouges on the hood as if something fell or was slid across the front end of the vehicle. The paint there isn't perfect but I know with absolute certainty that the hood damage was not present when I dropped the car off. I was able to repair three of four gouges using paint correction techniques however there is a thin permanent scratch through the paint that I will need to repair with some touch-up paint and wet-sanding. I didn't mention it to the shop because it wasn't worth the effort (and is not very visible after correction) but it was disappointing that this type of damage occurred while in their possession. I would assume that they would offer to repair the damage but with my skillset, I decided it wasn't worth the conversation or hassle of another drop-off and rental car to have them repair it.

Even when factoring in the "bad" and the "ugly", I would visit again since the paint quality was so good that I'll take a few inconveniences that will be forgotten rather quickly.

Last edited by BMGS; 03-13-22 at 01:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (03-09-22)
Old 01-13-23, 08:43 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

I personally would never deal with JM. They destroyed a set of custom wheels of mine years ago and not only did nothing to fix it, but were complete *******s about it ( was escalated up to gm level). Lexus corporate sent me a gift card for services and such to try to make up for them. …Probably the only Lexus dealer or any dealer for that reason I refuse to do business. Just a forewarning