Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Here to help. Lexus tech

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-20, 02:42 PM
Armadous1
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Here to help. Lexus tech

Hello to all. I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I wanted to let any member but more specifically fellow florida members know that I am available to answer your questions. I am a Certified Lexus Technician although i may not be with Lexus to much longer as I have an incredible opportunity at another manufacturer so even if that happens please know i will still be more than willing to provide information that anyone may need to help keep their cars running especially if things are tight because of Covid.

I am located in Central Florida and I actually do own a Lexus. Mine came in on a trade-in when I was in Phoenix and when i finished the inspection the deal was to good to pass up so i bought an IS250 with a birthdate of 2007.

I have waiting in my garage a fully rebuilt big brother engine to my 4GR. That's right the 2GR. Obviously the transmission is there to although didn't require anything and direct vehicle it was proof from had very low mileage.

Again, I hope all is doing well and like I said I'm here to answer any questions anyone may have and provide counsel. Also if the situation is appropriate and it works out I would be more than willing to do work or show you things as I do have a four-post lift in my garage at my home so for anybody locally to me if that is an option then most definitely we can make it work. I also have purchased techstream lite so I have full techstream capabilities as well.
The following 6 users liked this post by Armadous1:
Bobbysc98 (06-10-22), coldone (11-26-22), DCWake (03-31-22), JHouston (02-19-22), KennyFSU (02-14-22), lexxxSC400 (10-27-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-11-20, 11:05 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi there, where in Florida are you located?
Old 12-12-20, 12:47 AM
Armadous1
Driver

Originally Posted by badx33
Hi there, where in Florida are you located?
Central florida.
The following users liked this post:
lexxxSC400 (10-28-21)
Old 12-27-20, 05:25 PM
Toyoboy
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you still with Lexus?
Old 03-31-21, 10:37 AM
Armadous1
Driver

Yes I am. The pandemic put a slight hold on my plans to leave and do what I was hoping to. Hopefully soon though I can follow through with the goals but yes I am still with lexus and do apologize for the disappearance as not only the pandemic hit I also had a baby and alot of other life changes occur so I'm back now
The following 3 users liked this post by Armadous1:
Bobbysc98 (06-10-22), H20DogGirl (10-17-21), lexxxSC400 (10-28-21)
Old 04-01-21, 08:52 AM
CaptStumpy
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What maintenance can only be done with Techstream? I don't want to buy it for one time use, but I need to change my black brake fluid.
Old 04-01-21, 10:59 AM
Armadous1
Driver

You won't need techatream for that. Two people would make it easier. Techatream depending on the year of vehicle allows for the job to be a one person ordeal because it will cycle the abs motor which is good to get the air oit of that. Of course you can always go down a dirt road and slam on the brakes to lock up the wheels and that will force cycle the abs solenoids. Now if it is that black i would recommend flushing the lines just a little find that sort road and lock up the wheels 6 or 7 times. Then go home and do the complete flush. If you want to do a one person job without techatream pour some fresh brake fluid in the bottom of whatever bottle and make sure your tubing stays under the fluid that way you can open the bleeder valve, go pump the pedal, release the pedal and because it's.under fluid air.will not sick back into lines.

Are you by chance in Florida

Last edited by Armadous1; 04-01-21 at 11:05 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-01-21, 11:36 AM
CaptStumpy
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in Boston. Driving around to go play brake check just isn't a good option. For me its much easier to pay $60 and get access to techstream. Looks like its much faster too

The following users liked this post:
JHouston (02-19-22)
Old 04-01-21, 01:33 PM
Armadous1
Driver

If you get the correct dongle for a reasonable price. Just was giving you a cheap option as well. No need to post the video as I do it daily but if you need a reasonable obd2 dongle that works message me

Last edited by Armadous1; 04-01-21 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-15-21, 10:34 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Central Florida here as well, Also a Lexus tech. wonder if we know eachother..
Old 04-30-21, 08:57 AM
Armadous1
Driver

Originally Posted by Stereorob
Central Florida here as well, Also a Lexus tech. wonder if we know eachother..
which location you at
Old 06-21-21, 07:58 PM
GGV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX330 2004 driver side, temperature control stopped working, it blows hot air.

Hi,
Do you know a certified Lexus person that can handle that job in the Tampa Bay Area?
The rubber contact broke on the temperature control and I know the
Equipment needs to be out of the dash. My unit has the navigation one. I have 60K miles, the car is solid and want to keep.
Whatever you guys can point to will be appreciated. Thanks!!

Driver side temperature control NOT working.
Old 07-23-21, 08:58 PM
Armadous1
Driver

Did you ever get this solved? Sorry for the late reply. Personal life had alot going on but getting back into normalcy. Have you taken to get looked at even or no. Any details like that.
Old 10-20-21, 12:42 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

I’ll go ahead and speak for the group when I say “thank you” for offering your expertise. I just purchased my ‘97 SC 400 and it too has BLACK brake fluid. I was planning to bleed it with gravity and then do a second bleed with a power bleeder (I’m still looking to purchase one used). I was intrigued by the ABS solenoid cycling that was discussed earlier. Does the SC 400 have that same capability? It’s a bit older, so…?

Thanks in advance, dude.

I’m also in Central Florida, East Orlando area. I had a kid last year too, so I probably won’t be able to hit a bunch of hangouts but maybe we’ll all get together sometime.

Nick
The following 3 users liked this post by CLass of 1:
DCWake (03-31-22), JHouston (02-19-22), lexxxSC400 (10-28-21)
Old 10-27-21, 09:26 AM
lexxxSC400
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Armadous1
Hello to all. I hope this post finds everyone doing well. I wanted to let any member but more specifically fellow florida members know that I am available to answer your questions. I am a Certified Lexus Technician although i may not be with Lexus to much longer as I have an incredible opportunity at another manufacturer so even if that happens please know i will still be more than willing to provide information that anyone may need to help keep their cars running especially if things are tight because of Covid.

I am located in Central Florida and I actually do own a Lexus. Mine came in on a trade-in when I was in Phoenix and when i finished the inspection the deal was to good to pass up so i bought an IS250 with a birthdate of 2007.

I have waiting in my garage a fully rebuilt big brother engine to my 4GR. That's right the 2GR. Obviously the transmission is there to although didn't require anything and direct vehicle it was proof from had very low mileage.

Again, I hope all is doing well and like I said I'm here to answer any questions anyone may have and provide counsel. Also if the situation is appropriate and it works out I would be more than willing to do work or show you things as I do have a four-post lift in my garage at my home so for anybody locally to me if that is an option then most definitely we can make it work. I also have purchased techstream lite so I have full techstream capabilities as well.
Hi Armadous1,
I'm a new member to Club Lexus. I'm in the Orlando area.
I've been restoring a 1995 SC400 for the last 3 years, going stock, no modifications . Ive completed a substantial amount of repairs myself. Ive gotten to the point where hiring a knowledgeable and experienced Lexus tech would be the smart way to dial in all the technical specs to complete the mechanical part of the restoration.
I guess since I'm a new member I am not allowed to private message you. If you are interested, please contact me.
thank you

Quick Reply: Here to help. Lexus tech