F/S: 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-04, 11:35 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S: 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback

I'm sellin my 1991 Notchback 5.0. I originally bought this car from Kentucky about 7 months ago with intentions to build a motor for it occasionally. I singled this particular out because the body is almost perfect. There are no dents, whatsoever, and the quality of the repaint is good.

The engine is 100% stock, and it runs very well. It breathes through a K&N filter and exhales out the flowmaster exhaust (catless). After sitting for a few weeks without being started, it fires right up with no smoke or knocking. There is very little/no valve noise.

It has the following modifications/additions:

-17x9 cobra r wheels (excellent condition)
-5 lug conversion (not sure what from)
-lowering springs
-3.73 gears
-flowmasters
-cats removed
-moster tach w/ shift light
-2 5/8 water temp and oil pressure gauges
-pioneer cd player
-blue steeda emblems
-3" cowl hood
-stainless steel exhaust pipes
-art carr transmission kit (aod)

The following items are new/replaced or have been serviced:

-Newly rebuilt transmission with art carr kit (300 miles on the tranny, 4 months remaining on the warranty) cost $1400, have receipts
-New torque converter (stock stall)
-Newer rear tires, they have maybe 750 miles on them. They're very expensive BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDs, 255/40/17
-New battery
-New rear brakes
-New plugs
-New distributor cap and rotor
-Rear differential service
-New STEEL drivers' side door handle
-New Bosch MicroEdge windshield wipers
-The headlights were replaced a few years ago

The following items need attention:

-The suspension could use some work. The springs are not my favorite. I can't remember what brand they are, not a relatively reputable brand. I would recommend replacing them and the shocks/struts. There's a rattle/vibration from the left rear at highway speeds. I've had it checked out because I thought it might be a bad shock mount but no cause was revealed.

-The front tires need to be replaced. I'm not sure, but I would guess that they're well into the bad wear indicators. However, they were on the rear and have worn relatively evenly.

-The cruise control doesn't work.

-The horn doesn't work.

-If it sits for a week without being started the battery is nearly drained despite its being new. The alternator checks out ok, too. There must be something draining the system. . .

-The rear end is starting to whine. Seems to be holding up ok, though. Fluid was just changed. . .

-The passenger side armrest comes loose.

-Two of the wheel centercaps are missing.

-The paint on the cowl hood is of poor quality. It's not peeling or anything, it's just a shoddy job.

The interior is actually very clean. The ashtray door still works, as does the map light. All of the power windows and locks work. There are no tears/stains in the seats or carpet. However, there is some tint residue in the back window. But, overall the interior has been well kept. . .

The new tranny shifts plenty firm. It's actually one of the nicest shifting AODs I've driven. The engine pulls smooth and hard, no issues there to speak of. The brakes stop smoothly and quietly.

Please keep in mind that this is, in fact, a used 5.0. It's not by any means perfect, so please don't assume it to be. It's just a good example of a clean notchback. It used to be a 5-speed, but for some reason the previous owner put an AOD in it, that I got to pay for rebuilding. This car would be a great candidate to build the suspension and motor as the body is already very strait.

$4500

Here's a few pics:
(Note: The discoloration in the pics is due to the car's just being washed, it's wet)

Last edited by sweetsc400; 07-05-04 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-05-04, 01:31 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Comments, questions, and offers are welcome
Old 07-05-04, 01:55 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Comment: That car is badass

Good luck with the sale
Old 07-05-04, 02:29 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old 07-08-04, 04:12 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Nobody wants a mustang, eh? It was a loooong shot posting this on here, anyway.
Old 07-13-04, 01:56 PM
JSnake916
Driver

How many miles are on the chassis? How is the A/C? Any rust/torque box/ frame deterioration? The car is dark grey correct ?(sorry I'm sorta colorblind ) I'm starting school again in August and am toying with the idea of selling my SC and buying a fox body and a ducati monster (double death wish).

Last edited by JSnake916; 07-13-04 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-15-04, 01:51 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

JSnake916 -

The car is 106,000 miles on it give or take a few thousand (the speedometer is a little off). The A/C was supposedly redone a few years ago, it works very well. The car is actually charcoal metallic, I like the color a lot. As far as I know there is no frame deterioration. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Matt
Old 07-16-04, 12:07 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Originally posted by sweetsc400
JSnake916 -

The car has 106,000 miles on it give or take a few thousand (the speedometer is a little off). The A/C was supposedly redone a few years ago, it works very well. The car is actually charcoal metallic, I like the color a lot. As far as I know there is no frame deterioration. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Matt