WTB: Nitro RC's

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-05, 11:04 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts
Default WTB: Nitro RC's

I'm getting a pretty good collection going so if you have any (preferably 4wd trucks) post up! I've been racing them lately to release aggression
Old 06-03-05, 02:49 PM
vasgs4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a rc car, dont remember the name right now, it isn't that good of a name brand. It is a 2 speed 4WD car with a mercedes body. It needs a few parts, if you are interested I will give you more info on it. I am willing to sell it for the right price, I just don't have the time to fix it.
Old 06-03-05, 08:42 PM
2jzsc3
Lexus Test Driver

I have a 2004 model HPI Nitro RS4 with a shaft driven T15 motor, 2 speed tranny, AWD, a few aluminum frame upgrades, HPI headers, exhaust, lightweight flywheel, equipped with RotoStart, also have an AE86 body, M3 body, NSX body, Supra body, and 350Z body.. Goes 50+ MPH, the stock T15 motor is rated at about 40-45 MPH from HPI. I smoke real cars with this baby on the streets all day everyday.. Quit the hobby a few months ago because its too hot to play outside!! Motor was broken in with 4 full tanks at idle and has only ran about 10 tanks max. I have a few of these but this is the one thats worth the most and I'm willing to sell. Everything in good shape, shoot me an offer if you're interested. I'm planning on keeping at least 1 body to run with my other RC though...
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Nitro RC's-aaaaaaa.jpg  

Last edited by 2jzsc3; 06-03-05 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 10:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Thanks JZ. I really should stress the "preferably" part in the 4wd.

I have a LOT of RC's and I don't even drive my 2wd.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Nitro RC's-fuel-001-small-.jpg  
Old 06-03-05, 10:34 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

nice collection olt u should try racing onroad!!! i use to its great i had a mugen seiki mtx 2 with 2 speed and novarossi rs12 turbo modified engine but i sold it for paintball gun! i still like them 2 hobbie
Old 06-15-05, 05:18 AM
vasgs4
Pole Position

Wow, you have got quite a collection going. I went to the local hobby shop last night and saw the traaxas 4-tec. That thing is amazing, the guy only wants 299 for it. I can't even find it on ebay for less than 330. It is rated at 60mph+ out of the box if tuned properly. I think I am going to fix mine, sell it and buy this one. I couldn't leave the hobby shop........
Old 06-16-05, 09:10 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

Traaxas 4 tec sux if u want sumthing for 299 try getting a Nitro TC3 or a Mugen Seiki MTX 3 thos are Racing on road nitro or even Yokomo GT4 search it on ebay and u will find out good prices for best cars and 299 is alot for just a 4 tec, believe me on this traaxas is like a low end car

Originally Posted by vasgs4
Wow, you have got quite a collection going. I went to the local hobby shop last night and saw the traaxas 4-tec. That thing is amazing, the guy only wants 299 for it. I can't even find it on ebay for less than 330. It is rated at 60mph+ out of the box if tuned properly. I think I am going to fix mine, sell it and buy this one. I couldn't leave the hobby shop........
Old 06-17-05, 03:19 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Thanks JZ. I really should stress the "preferably" part in the 4wd.

I have a LOT of RC's and I don't even drive my 2wd.
OMG THATS AWESOME NICE COLLECTION !!!
Old 06-19-05, 12:33 PM
edawg
Pole Position

i have a t-maxx that i have been wanting to sell. new stock motor( never turned on), aluminum frame, titanium skid plates, aluminum bumper, two sets of wheels, case of extra parts and stock parts, i have those 200 dollars shocks but only the front four work back needs new ones. two bodies, ....ill have the pictures up soon.
Old 06-19-05, 08:51 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

New stock motor? OK, well pics please I have one myself, and my neighbor wants to sell me his, but third time is a charm.
Old 06-19-05, 10:28 PM
edawg
Pole Position

by what i mean by new motor, i sold my old motor becauseIU ordered a new from megatec and never came so the guy from the shop gave a new one and returned my money after waiting like 6 months..so thats what i mean..
Old 06-21-05, 09:58 AM
sniper
Lead Lap

Im getting out of RC cars. I used to have a collection like you once. Here is a list of what I have if you are interested.

T-MAXX with pro .15 bought new for about $375ish
Needs a pull start or motor start if that’s what you want. There is nothing on it now. It comes with 3 ch. Radio and servos. Pritty much stock and good condition

4-TEC with pro .15 Bought new for $315
Has chrome drive shafts out back along with aluminum pieces the diff is between, all that is brand new never used or driven. It also has a carbon fiber rear shock tower. Needs a receiver. Has radio and servos

Ofna 1/8 scale buggy, GTLX Bought new for about $400
Basic .21 buggy. Has upgraded disc brakes and has alot of aluminum and good quality parts stock. Comes with radio, and servos, need a starter box to start it, which I have and can sell.

(2) Rare Schumacher Nitro Fusions. 1/10 scale 3 speed .21 powered 4WD single belt road car. Each car was $425 new with no radio. Can go 80 MPH with an optional motor gear which is about 25 bux yes 80. It does about 60 as is. Can hit 100 mph, yes 100, with a supercharger and the optional gear that takes it to 80. These cars use a special hex bit that you attach to a drill and you put the bit to the back of the crank and start it with the drill. Very easy to do. Both motors on these cars are very strong. Both have servos but both need receivers and they come with one Sanwa MX-3 radio, which has more digital adjustments then iv ever seen.

All cars are clean. I can put them together with my eyes closed. All have used blue thunder 20% in all of them. All the bottoms of the cars (not the T MAXX) have a brushed aluminum bottom as do the top of most of the heads. I personally preferred the brushed or polished look. Everything was over 1940 bux new. Ill sell all of it for $970, the starter box, any parts, hardware, all my RC stuff. That’s 5 cars, only about 194 bux each car. Id say that’s a hell of a deal. If you want to buy just one, ill sell for alittle over half of the new price I listed. Just let me know if you are interested and ill get full details and pix.

Nice collection BTW
Old 06-21-05, 10:04 AM
sniper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KrazeMatik
Traaxas 4 tec sux if u want sumthing for 299 try getting a Nitro TC3 or a Mugen Seiki MTX 3 thos are Racing on road nitro or even Yokomo GT4 search it on ebay and u will find out good prices for best cars and 299 is alot for just a 4 tec, believe me on this traaxas is like a low end car

The 4-tec is a great AWD road car and is very fast for the price. But if you really want on road performance, you need a Nitro Fusion. That rules all other AWD road cars
Old 06-21-05, 11:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

MAXX with pro .15 bought new for about $375ish
Needs a pull start or motor start if that’s what you want. There is nothing on it now. It comes with 3 ch. Radio and servos. Pritty much stock and good condition
Aside of the OFNA buggy, this was the only other thing that caught my attention.

The Tmaxx pro-15 is quite an old model. They have had the 2.5 Maxx out for almost 2 years, and the Widemaxx out for a year. I had an old pro.15 Maxx. Very short stance to them, skinny arms are to blame.

The new Widemaxx (latest generation for about a year now) is 1.5 inches wider, and has the new TRX 2.5 racing motor which produces double the horse power, yes... double. It's a .15 big block and is absolutely outstanding. I have two 2.5 widemaxxes. They are $369 new ready to run, and I have one for sale on an RC internet chat currently in their classifieds for $245, it was purchased for $400 after tax just over a month ago - receipt here, look at the date: http://www.lextech.org/images/tmaxx/maxxreciept.jpg

Check out the pics of the widemaxx here: http://www.lextech.org/images/tmaxx/

As you can see, a fresh re-design was definately what they needed for the maxx. They got it in the new 2HP, Widemaxx.

As you can imagine, the Pro.15 Maxx prices severly plumeted after the introduction of the Widemaxx, and now the all new race truck released at the end of last year - the REVO. (I have one of those too). The old Pro .15 Maxx's usually go for around $165 now unfortunately due to the fact they are easy to flip, and very slow compared to the new technology which took the T-maxx from wagon wheels, to the fastest production race truck in the world.
Old 06-22-05, 09:20 AM
sniper
Lead Lap

Man, iv been out of the market longer then I thought I used to have a different suspension on the TMAXX cuz it was so flip happy. You need a long shock, not XX long, and a stiff spring with heavier oil. The way I once did this on a budget was just use 4 long shocks, one on each corner. When I first bought it, was just an off roader, not a race truck. It’s simply too heavy and yes, underpowered with the .15

Seeing that you already have those cars I assume you wouldn’t want more of them. But if you your interested, let me know and I know we can work something out no problem.

The nitro Fusions are still very nice an somewhat rare, if you want fast, they are the way to go. They make around 2.1 hp at 30K RPM. You can also get a 3-speed gear that will bring your top speed down but make the car quicker.

I dont think the 2.5 makes twice the power, it makes more like 50-60% more, but not 2 times i dont think. A true big block for your t maxx would be a .21 or .27

Last edited by sniper; 06-22-05 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: WTB: Nitro RC's