FS: 1992 Infiniti G20 (red/tan, 210k miles, auto, side damage, northern NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05, 04:47 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: 1992 Infiniti G20 (red/tan, 204k miles, auto, side damage, northern NJ)

EDIT: (11/1) I've changed the description, and the car has about 204k miles, not 210k miles. Pictures added at the bottom.

I am selling a 1992 Infiniti G20. I've started a new thread to remove all the clutter from people feigning interest.

Contact

Please contact me about this car via email: briancho80@yahoo.com.
Do not send me PMs because I do not check them often. The car is located in northern NJ and you are welcome to see it. However, I am out of town for about two weeks. If you are interested, you can schedule a time with me.

Car Description

1992 Infiniti G20
- red exterior / tan leather interior
- no radio, but harness intact
- automatic transmission
- 204k miles (mostly highway, about 70%)
- two owners (I am second owner of the car, first owner was a personal friend)
- located in northern New Jersey (very close to the George Washington Bridge)

Price: $300 FIRM!

Ownership and Maintenance History:

My friend purchased this car brand new in 1992 from the Infiniti dealership in Englewood, NJ. It was well maintained with most of the service being done at the dealership, but soon after much of the labor was done by private garages. Before selling this car to me a year ago, my friend told me that he did a lot of work to it. As to what, he's not exactly sure, but he told me that it ran like new when he got it back. He basically told the mechanic to make it run like new, and he spent $1500 to do that.

Recent maintenance includes accessory belts, fuel filter, front tires, automatic transmission fluid change, and oil changes.

Accident History:

The car was involved in one accident, where the passenger side front door was hit. It was repainted poorly by a bodyshop, and is now fading. You will be able to see the color difference in the pictures.

The second incident of body damage occurred while the car was parked in my ownership. I lent the car to a friend indefinitely because he was starting college and needed a car to commute with. He parked the car on the street in front of his house, and someone sideswiped him and took off. Hit and run. The damage is on the drivers side, with the majority of the damage being isolated in the front and rear drivers side doors.

Reason for selling:

After the damage, I was very upset. My friend agreed to pay for the damage but later reneged on his word, so I took back the car and want to sell it. I would keep the car as it runs fine, but I don't have room for it in my driveway.

Condition Disclosure

The car runs and drives fine when it is warmed up. On a cold start, if you try to drive it right after starting it, the car sometimes stalls. This happens about 20% of the time. There is a small oil leak I believe, but I haven't seen any puddles of oil after parking it for hours at my home.

The air-conditioning needs a recharge. There is a leak, since A/C systems are supposed to be closed systems. However, the friend I purchased this from told me it must be a small leak because he recharged the system five years ago, and lasted until about a few months before he sold it to me.

The friend who I lent the car to is more mechanically inclined than I am, and told me that the rear driver side wheel bearing probably needs to be replaced. He also mentioned a long time ago that the shocks were worn.

The body damage is obvious, but does not affect operation of doors opening or closing. It's purely cosmetic.

Some interior light bulbs are out. There are rips in the front leather seat and some in the rear.

When I drove the car back after taking it back from the person I lent the car to, I must have ran over a nail because the drivers side rear tire was flat. It's currently on the spare and I'll change it over as soon as I get a chance.

There is no radio. I had an aftermarket headunit in there before and the speakers would clip at certain frequencies. I'm not sure if this is an indication that the speakers are blown or if it's because of the 2 ohm - 4 ohm (impedance) issue.

The automatic transmission jerks on the 1-2 shift. I've heard that this is common on the G20's? The shifting of other gears is smooth.

The drivers side front window is slow to move up than the others.

Closing

Please contact me ONLY if you are serious via email.

Thanks,
-Brian.

Last edited by MoogieBoogie; 11-01-05 at 08:59 AM. Reason: add pictures
Old 10-18-05, 11:14 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Bump. Btw, Aliga has driven this thing so if you want an impartial opinion, you can ask him (if that's ok, Aliga ).

-Brian.
Old 10-19-05, 02:22 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got email.
Old 10-20-05, 08:53 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Car is a good beater! Highly recommend the seller for his honesty and his communication!!!
Old 10-27-05, 09:24 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Thanks Gazi!

Still for sale. Email me if you want to see it this weekend.
Old 11-01-05, 09:01 AM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Please email me if you are interested.
Old 11-01-05, 10:12 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is this FWD or RWD?? and email sent...
Old 11-20-05, 09:21 PM
MoogieBoogie