Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

free ipod mini

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-04, 05:39 PM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free ipod mini

i came across this deal where you can get a free ipod mini in any color. It does not look like one of those schemes as it does require a little work to obtain the free ipod, I mean if it was one of those things where it says just fill out your shipping info and your ipods going to be on its way then heck no i wouldnt beleive it.

All you have to do is sign up for a free offer or a paid offer (such as signing up for a credit card or aol free trial or something) and reffer 5 friends to do the same, and your ipod will be in the mail shortly. Its looks like a great deal to me i mean everyone benifits the sponsors probably pay for the ipod from the 6 referals that they obtain.(you and 5 friends)

anyway here's the link:
http://www.freeipods.com/Default.aspx

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-06-04 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-05-04, 08:57 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still seems a little sketchy to me. . .anyone tried it???

Besides, I just spent $330 on mine
Old 07-06-04, 10:12 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

free ipod SCAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-34590803@craigslist.org
Date: 2004-06-23, 10:31PM CDT

if you read the terms and conditions for all those free ipod links, you'll see that the company does NOT guarantee that it will send you an ipod for all your efforts (signing up for crappy promotions and getting other people to do the same!)
total waste of time!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Old 07-06-04, 10:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Closed this "great deal" because it isn't...

siaxazn, I noticed the link you posted list what I can only assume is YOUR referrer ID as well so you would get credit. I went through the signup process far enough to see the part where they give you the referrer ID.

IMO this was very sleazy of you to offer to other ClubLexus members for your personal benefit . I have edited and removed your referral ID from the URL to let people decide if they want to do this by going directly to the website. There is a LOT of 'must sign up for xxxx' before you're eligible, so there is absolutely nothing free about this and sounds like a scam to me as well. Caveat Emptor.