Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Motorola Razr for $99

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-05, 01:12 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Motorola Razr for $99

Guys,

Don't know if anyone is interested in this but it is the deal I have been waiting for. After a $150 mail in rebate you get a new Razr for $99. Obviously you have to sign a contract - but if you choose not to sign one you can still get it for like $300.

I just ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...eless&n=301185

Enjoy,
Jonny
Old 05-15-05, 07:11 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop flooding the market w/ that phone =P

I bought the phone in the first place because I thought people wouldn't get it (huge price tag) but all the sales guys (well... 5-7 of them) have one =\ I'm a lowly paper pusher and (had) one though
Old 05-15-05, 07:50 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah,

I wanted one from the day the day I heard about it - but could never warrant paying the $500+ pricetag. But for $99 you can't say no!!

Did you have a problem with the speedial? I heard that it was very confusing to set up on the Razr.

Peace,
Jonny
Old 05-16-05, 07:45 AM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dx3
Yeah,

I wanted one from the day the day I heard about it - but could never warrant paying the $500+ pricetag. But for $99 you can't say no!!

Did you have a problem with the speedial? I heard that it was very confusing to set up on the Razr.

Peace,
Jonny
There's the Cingular RAZR (the one you ordered) and the Motorola RAZR. Whenever a company makes a phone "their own", they mod the software. The Moto version has some lame 3D phone book that makes it confusing. The Cingular version has the standard phonebook used in all older moto phones.

I got my razr for free actually... $300 in rebates... so they technically paid for 1/4 of my year's service and my phone (3 lines for the family) plus it's on T-Mobile
Old 05-16-05, 08:32 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xravexboix
I got my razr for free actually... $300 in rebates... so they technically paid for 1/4 of my year's service and my phone (3 lines for the family) plus it's on T-Mobile
I am just finishing my contract with T-Mobile after nearly 3 years and I will be glad to get rid of them. Their customer service was great, but a lot of times I had call problems. I don't believe it was related to my phone as several people who I know that have T-Mobile also had similiar problems.

Thx for your help,

Jonny
Old 05-16-05, 01:35 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

T-Mobile has been really good to me. I used to always be w/ Cingular... but they dropped the ball on me so many times it made me mad. There are various factors for me... customer service, product quality, service quality...

Customer service: T-Mo wins hands-down

Product Quality: Doesn't really matter since any GSM can be unlocked for use on another network

Service Quality: T-Mo and Cingular share networks in Southern California... but Cingular always dropped my calls. In my current contract (6 months in), I've yet to get a call dropped =D
Old 05-18-05, 10:07 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I dropped T-Mobile after 2 years. Sure they have the best customer service in the industry, but that's pointless if you can't get any signal anywhere. I always had a problem with dropped/missed calls with T-Mobile. I switched to AT&T and it's been great. Obviously Cingular bought them out, but my native network is the AT&T/ Cingular Blue towers...so my signal/connection is always better than those on the original PacBell/Cingular Orange network. You really can't win w/these companies. Another reason why I left T-Mobile, in order to get a new phone, you have to pay full msrp on a new phone. That's BS.
Old 05-18-05, 01:34 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
I dropped T-Mobile after 2 years. Sure they have the best customer service in the industry, but that's pointless if you can't get any signal anywhere. I always had a problem with dropped/missed calls with T-Mobile. I switched to AT&T and it's been great. Obviously Cingular bought them out, but my native network is the AT&T/ Cingular Blue towers...so my signal/connection is always better than those on the original PacBell/Cingular Orange network. You really can't win w/these companies. Another reason why I left T-Mobile, in order to get a new phone, you have to pay full msrp on a new phone. That's BS.
Next time you're about to buy a phone... let me know. Up to $300 (sometimes 400) MSRP phone for free w/ a single line w/ plan for 40+ on Cingular OR T_Mo