Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Free $500 (or possibly $615) from American Express

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-06, 11:41 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free $500 (or possibly $615) from American Express

I don't know what it is, but no one seems to ever respond to any of the free credit card/banking money deals I've posted in this forum. I'm talking about those deals that give you $50-$250 in CASH or equivalent for getting a credit card or opening a banking account, which is much better than most other freebies whose values are no more than 5 bucks. The catch of course is that you have to have a decent credit history and are willing to take an inquiry to your credit profile. But when the rewards are so high--$500 in this case--why would you care?

OK enough with my rants. Here's the latest and hottest deal from American Express.
http://www201.americanexpress.com/sb...fer=3cb&dct=84

Out of the four cards, apply for the following two cards, each of which gives you a $250 statement credit with first purchase (which can be a pack of gum or a 2-cent stamp, doesn't matter):
1. Business Gold Rewards Card ($125 annual fee, waived for the first year, so cancel the card within a year to avoid fees)
2. Premium Cash Rebate Card (NO annual fee)
And, if you can afford 3 inquiries to your credit file, you can also apply for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, whose annual fee of $135 can be offset by the $250 statement credit, netting a cool $115 profit for you.

If you aren't a business owner, you can leave the Federal Tax ID field blank and the business name your own name, and you'll be considered a Sole Proprietorship and get the cards just fine (just like me ).

Now, please, give yourself a pat for keeping a good credit record and enjoy the free money that you deserve.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 04-03-06 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-12-06, 05:00 PM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
The catch of course is that you have to have a decent credit history

looks like thats the key... decent credit! no one has it, lol.....
Old 04-12-06, 09:32 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deals gone or link is busted.
Old 04-13-06, 11:11 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deal is dead, i got in on the cash rebate card last week and was approved.
Old 04-16-06, 06:47 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They probably cancelled it after they found out about this thread.
Old 04-16-06, 10:51 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4fun
They probably cancelled it after they found out about this thread.
LOL

Jonny
Old 04-19-06, 12:44 PM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I don't know what it is, but no one seems to ever respond to any of the free credit card/banking money deals I've posted in this forum. I'm talking about those deals that give you $50-$250 in CASH or equivalent for getting a credit card or opening a banking account, which is much better than most other freebies whose values are no more than 5 bucks. The catch of course is that you have to have a decent credit history and are willing to take an inquiry to your credit profile. But when the rewards are so high--$500 in this case--why would you care?

OK enough with my rants. Here's the latest and hottest deal from American Express.
http://www201.americanexpress.com/sb...fer=3cb&dct=84

Out of the four cards, apply for the following two cards, each of which gives you a $250 statement credit with first purchase (which can be a pack of gum or a 2-cent stamp, doesn't matter):
1. Business Gold Rewards Card ($125 annual fee, waived for the first year, so cancel the card within a year to avoid fees)
2. Premium Cash Rebate Card (NO annual fee)
And, if you can afford 3 inquiries to your credit file, you can also apply for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, whose annual fee of $135 can be offset by the $250 statement credit, netting a cool $115 profit for you.

If you aren't a business owner, you can leave the Federal Tax ID field blank and the business name your own name, and you'll be considered a Sole Proprietorship and get the cards just fine (just like me ).

Now, please, give yourself a pat for keeping a good credit record and enjoy the free money that you deserve.
Hey mang, I love your free loot/high interest bank account threads.

Sorry if I haven't expressed my thanks enough.
Old 05-12-06, 02:35 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by High PSI
Hey mang, I love your free loot/high interest bank account threads.

Sorry if I haven't expressed my thanks enough.
Thanks for support. I'm glad some people are actually benefitted by the deals.

EDIT: Don't forget to check out the latest iPod Nano deal.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 05-12-06 at 04:03 PM.