Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

OH2K9 - Huge Lexus Meet - Columbus, OH - June 25-28

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-09, 08:34 AM
dmb359
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
I'm in Wisconsin, but may be up for this...
I'm in Minnesota. There are a decent size group going from MN, WI, & Chicago
Old 02-24-09, 07:40 AM
MadTyte
Rookie

do you know where is was held last year??
Old 02-28-09, 11:19 AM
dmb359
Driver

Originally Posted by MadTyte
do you know where is was held last year??
its been at the same spot for the last couple years.
Old 03-01-09, 07:22 PM
Skitso-3
Pole Position

Cool

So those couple of nights everyone is chilling in the parking lot is there like a buffalo wild wings around there? I know its bars near but did you guys find a nice spot pervious yrs back? Does the hotel have a pool? Go-cart race spot around? Small cruise to go-cart/mini golf/bowling alley? locals club(not a hole in the wall joint?)
Old 03-01-09, 10:07 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmb359
I'm in Minnesota. There are a decent size group going from MN, WI, & Chicago
I'm in the Appleton/Green Bay area of WI...anyone by me? Or maybe we could meet in the Chicago area and cruise together? There aren't many Lexus fanatics in my neck of the woods, and I ain't makin' the drive to OH myself, dammit!! PM me!
Old 03-03-09, 12:27 PM
dmb359
Driver

Originally Posted by Skitso-3
So those couple of nights everyone is chilling in the parking lot is there like a buffalo wild wings around there? I know its bars near but did you guys find a nice spot pervious yrs back? Does the hotel have a pool? Go-cart race spot around? Small cruise to go-cart/mini golf/bowling alley? locals club(not a hole in the wall joint?)
There's a couple restaurants close by. The last couple years we have hung out at Hooters for a few hours friday night, then hanging out drinking in the parking lot and meeting people, etc. Saturday is like an all afternoon meet and photoshoot, then usually people of age go to a bar for a while, then maybe a strip club or whatever people want to do, the under 21 crowd usually heads off to do something as well, and we all usually end up back at the hotel drinking in the parking lot. Hotel does have a pool, I've never seen anyone use it though, they have been really cool with letting us hang out outside and not get hassled or anything. I believe there is a go-kart place nearby, but I've never been to it.
Old 03-03-09, 12:29 PM
dmb359
Driver

I'm in the Appleton/Green Bay area of WI...anyone by me? Or maybe we could meet in the Chicago area and cruise together? There aren't many Lexus fanatics in my neck of the woods, and I ain't makin' the drive to OH myself, dammit!! PM me!
There is a group of MN guys driving and meeting up with a bunch of guys in Chicago I guess. I think they may drive to Chicago on wednesday or thursday evening, crash in chicago, then finish the trip the next morning.

(I'll be flying in most likely, as I'll be out of town a few days that week, and will fly from there straight to Ohio on thursday night)
Old 03-03-09, 07:19 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

If I'm able to swap my shifts at work, I can be counted "in". I'm still a newbie in comparison to most people on here, and can't help but feel a little like the class dork asking, "can I haaang out with you gouays?"

To add a little irony, I'm young but a total "dad", so I won't be gettin' smashed in any parking lots, getting body parts smushed in my face at a strip club, or flying down an interstate at 110mph. But, a beer or six, Hooters, and a couple late nights wouldn't hurt!

If I still may, who would I contact in the Chicago crowd about a meeting place/time? Driving with a group of guys sounds cool.

Matt

There is a group of MN guys driving and meeting up with a bunch of guys in Chicago I guess. I think they may drive to Chicago on wednesday or thursday evening, crash in chicago, then finish the trip the next morning.

(I'll be flying in most likely, as I'll be out of town a few days that week, and will fly from there straight to Ohio on thursday night)
Old 03-06-09, 05:04 PM
dmb359
Driver

If I'm able to swap my shifts at work, I can be counted "in". I'm still a newbie in comparison to most people on here, and can't help but feel a little like the class dork asking, "can I haaang out with you gouays?"

To add a little irony, I'm young but a total "dad", so I won't be gettin' smashed in any parking lots, getting body parts smushed in my face at a strip club, or flying down an interstate at 110mph. But, a beer or six, Hooters, and a couple late nights wouldn't hurt!

If I still may, who would I contact in the Chicago crowd about a meeting place/time? Driving with a group of guys sounds cool.

Matt

cool Matt, no worries, theres lots of noobs that come every year, its a great way to meet people. there are people that are up for doing anything, not everyone sticks together all the time, so there will be people wanting to go wherever and have a good time in the evening doing whatever they enjoy doing.

Not sure who you'd contact here, most of the guys I know are from the IS forums. I can keep you posted here about where they're meeting. I'm sure it will be in chicago somewhere but not sure when or exactly where yet.

I drove myself the first year I went, and knew nobody out there. I had a blast once I got there and met tons of cool people.
Old 03-06-09, 05:10 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I posted this in the Chicago section also. I copied it from MY.IS and posted so there may be a few more interested over there. You guys should post over there also to see if we can get more interest. There are some very nice ISx50's in Chicago
Old 03-06-09, 11:43 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

cool Matt, no worries, theres lots of noobs that come every year, its a great way to meet people. there are people that are up for doing anything, not everyone sticks together all the time, so there will be people wanting to go wherever and have a good time in the evening doing whatever they enjoy doing.

Not sure who you'd contact here, most of the guys I know are from the IS forums. I can keep you posted here about where they're meeting. I'm sure it will be in chicago somewhere but not sure when or exactly where yet.

I drove myself the first year I went, and knew nobody out there. I had a blast once I got there and met tons of cool people.
Sounds good! Yeah--keep us posted, I'll keep checking the Chicago forum, too, though.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-09, 05:13 PM
jspecdan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome. i didn't know about this last summer. i'm definitely interested in going.
Old 04-01-09, 09:45 AM
coolmonk
Driver School Candidate

Darren, you seem pretty cool. If I go can I hang out with you?
Old 04-01-09, 10:37 AM
dmb359
Driver

Originally Posted by coolmonk
Darren, you seem pretty cool. If I go can I hang out with you?

gtfo noob

lol

what car you bringing Stephan?
Old 04-01-09, 10:42 AM
coolmonk
Driver School Candidate

gtfo noob

lol

what car you bringing Stephan?
I'll be driving the Fast and Furious one.

Quick Reply: OH2K9 - Huge Lexus Meet - Columbus, OH - June 25-28