Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Chicago CL BBQ for 6-29-02

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-02, 11:28 AM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by 2Lexos
well we are still searching for a spot.....1loudlex offered his house but he's out in naperville......as for time i think we should do it early around 12 or 1pm so we can all go to HIN afterwards. Any ideas on location are welcome.

Kevin is bring Paperware
I have a brand new gas grill
we need more donations
JIMXO- I'm bringing Chicken, Hamburgers and dogs.
Tyler-Can you bring Chips & snacks? Bring some Lexus shirts or hats if you want.

Anyone else please quote this and add additional items.

Are we starting at 12:00pm?
Old 06-18-02, 11:33 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2Lexos,

I'm still not sure where this is gonna be. I need a street address or something because I'm not familiar with the Chicago area. I'd like to come down and see everybody (do we have an approximate head count?), but I'm not gonna drive 4+ hours unless I know exactly where I'm heading.

Also, I've never been to a HIN and would like to go. I'm not sure if I can do it all in one day and drive back, or if I should get a hotel?

Overclocker
Old 06-18-02, 11:58 AM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude HIN is the BEST! i love it there. Overclocker, if you dont mind driving 4+ hours at 12am. then its ok, but HIN lets out at 12, i mean yah you can leave early, but whats the point! well Alex better send some PM's and directions cause this one sounds like it should be huge.

Kevin

PS, i will bring paperware and that stuff.

Last edited by lexcoupe; 06-18-02 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-18-02, 12:32 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Lightbulb

you will most likely want to get a hotel room. We are planning on going out afer HIN, but you will most likely want to stay over night. I will bring the pop and cups. I think that I have a big cooler, but if someone else had on that would be cool. What kind of pop does everyone like? By the way for the corp. lexus rep, are you from Naperville? I live here and have talked to a guy that works there with his wife. I was just wondering if this is you. Let me know.

Can't wait 4 the BBQ!!!,

Adam " Lexist "
Old 06-18-02, 02:53 PM
DIrEctQL

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Am I late or am I soon? I'll be there and I'll bring lots of food. BTW, does anyone want to meet around Woodfield and parade there together?

Chris
Old 06-18-02, 03:06 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

chris, i will probably want to meet you at woodfeild or somewhere around there, cause im not sure how to get there just yet.

Kevin
Old 06-18-02, 04:16 PM
2Lexos

hey guys...looks like we might have to meet this sat too.....i hear something about a pool party with the IS300.net people......i think they are going to post for a meet at Uno's @ noon this sat.
Old 06-18-02, 04:46 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

hey guys...looks like we might have to meet this sat too.....i hear something about a pool party with the IS300.net people......i think they are going to post for a meet at Uno's @ noon this sat.
YUP, that's right. Seabass works with me and he also told me. It'll be fun

Ok, I will post the date, time and address on my site, and I will send emails to the ones interested.

Old 06-18-02, 06:02 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Default WHERE EXACTLY??????

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...tle=&poi=&ds=n

Last edited by CPerez100; 06-18-02 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-19-02, 05:26 AM
Tyler
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by jimxo

JIMXO- I'm bringing Chicken, Hamburgers and dogs.
Tyler-Can you bring Chips & snacks? Bring some Lexus shirts or hats if you want.

Anyone else please quote this and add additional items.

Are we starting at 12:00pm?
That works for me. I will bring chips/snacks etc. etc. and see what type of trash and trinkets I can get my hands on for you all.
I can't make it to the meet this weekend with the IS300.net b/c I will be out of town. But def count on me for the BBQ on June 29th. I will stay tuned for further details.
Tyler
Old 06-19-02, 06:00 AM
2Lexos

if you check out the map that carlos posted.......look for Westchester.......right under that dot is the intersection of Mannhiem and Cermak.....so I-20,I-12,I-45 is all the same street, Mannhiem Rd.
Old 06-19-02, 04:13 PM
2Lexos

Ok people, I found a place near Westchester South of I-290 on Mannhiem Rd right past Cermak Rd(22nd St). It's called Brezina Woods and there should be plenty of parking. Let me know if everyone is cool with this spot so we can make it offical.
For those of you that can't read (CHRIS).....

DATE: 6-29-02
TIME: 12pm
PLACE: BREZINA WOODS
DIRECTIONS: http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...tle=&poi=&ds=n
Jump in your Lex and make your way to I-290.....Find Mannhiem Rd......go south on Mannhiem Rd.......look for Cermak Rd(22nd St).....when you see Cermak Rd turn down your stereo and pay attention.......pass Cermak Rd and about 1/4 mile on your left you will see a little red sign that reads BREZINA WOODS......turn on your left turn signal or stick your hand out and point......turn left and make your way down the shady path till you come to a clearing......go to the end of the lot and park your happy A$$ next to all the pretty Lexos. Any questions Chris?
Old 06-19-02, 05:22 PM
DIrEctQL

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

For those of you that can't read (CHRIS).....

DATE: 6-29-02
TIME: 12pm
PLACE: BREZINA WOODS
DIRECTIONS: http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...tle=&poi=&ds=n
Jump in your Lex and make your way to I-290.....Find Mannhiem Rd......go south on Mannhiem Rd.......look for Cermak Rd(22nd St).....when you see Cermak Rd turn down your stereo and pay attention.......pass Cermak Rd and about 1/4 mile on your left you will see a little red sign that reads BREZINA WOODS......turn on your left turn signal or stick your hand out and point......turn left and make your way down the shady path till you come to a clearing......go to the end of the lot and park your happy A$$ next to all the pretty Lexos. Any questions Chris?
Yes, are there going to be any pony rides too?
Old 06-19-02, 09:55 PM
lexcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

chirs, maybe for you those ponys are fun. we all drive lexus here, we out grew ponys...

Kevin

Last edited by lexcoupe; 06-19-02 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-21-02, 04:06 PM
2Lexos

I got a couple goodies for ya'll that show up.......oh and don't forget the insect repellent

Quick Reply: Chicago CL BBQ for 6-29-02