Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

September MN Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-03, 08:57 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oct 18th works for me
Old 10-10-03, 11:39 AM
keenan2k4
Driver School Candidate

works for me also hope to see everyone there
Old 10-10-03, 07:20 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Cool! How about the rest of you guys? That makes at least three of us, one more then last time.
Old 10-11-03, 09:37 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Where exactly do u guys wanna meet?
Old 10-11-03, 11:15 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

At the Calhoun Business center right off of Lake Calhoun and Excelsior Blvd. We usually park on the north end of the lot where all the Lexus are.

By the way, Koreanpers, your number is an Iowa area code. You don't live in Iowa do you? You driving all the way up from there for the meet?
Old 10-12-03, 10:02 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

I graduated college from mpls...took a job in iowa...but i just started a new job...training starts this week...so i am up in mpls for the whole week plus i have friends in mpls..so i am back often

Okay so can sumone give me directions coming from hennepin ave? thanks
Old 10-12-03, 10:12 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

so i take w lake street (coming from hennepin ave) and then take a left on excelsior?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (77.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 10-12-03, 12:01 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post 4

I'll be there too, that makes 4 of us right. I found a pretty clear map and added a little extra info to help designate our spot .
Attached Thumbnails September MN Meet-calhoun_executive_center.jpg  
Old 10-12-03, 08:17 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Great map Carl. We'll have to keep that in handy as new members come on board.

Glad you still can make it Koreanpers and hopefully any future events we have. It isn't nothing like the other state's, but I'm hoping I can conjure up enough interest with the local Lexus owners around here to make it a frequent get together. I think next year, we'll set some scheduled dates that allows everyone to plan well ahead so we can get a strong showing.
Old 10-13-03, 05:16 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, i will be there at 12noon. Unfortuneatly i dont have any stuff done to our car as of yet I purchased the L-tuned struts w/ eibach coils..and am waiting till i get the trd sways...to install it all. Other than that not doing to much to the car. Will be getting rims over the winter..and installin a stereo soon too. See you guys there
Old 10-18-03, 10:08 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, I'm sorry I couldn't make it. My plans changed at the last minute. I had to pick my buddy up at the airport this morning. He flew in from Iraq...currently on leave from serving in the Army. Needless to say he does not have much time here and I haven't seen him in nearly a year. He trusted me to pick him up, it was originally going to be friday so I thought cool I can go to the meet, but his plane got delayed and well, you know, I missed the meet . Hope you guys had a great meet, I wish I could have been there .
Old 10-19-03, 07:21 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

I got there late at 1230..and nobody was there
Old 10-20-03, 06:50 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Hey, did anyone show up? I was there for about 50mins at 12:05 sitting in a black GS400 waiting for anyone.
I saw two GS go by and one was a silver GS driven by an older woman but she didn't bother to slow down so I'm pretty sure it wasn't any of you.

I also saw a silver GS with dark tints go around the parking lot on the south side. Was that you Koreanpers? I was playing with my palmpilot so by the time I looked up the GS was gone. I was hoping you might drive by me or at least see me. I was parked by the trees next to Excelsior. Never had anyone not notice my car before. Maybe we both should've given descriptions. Sorry I missed you. I was bumming that no one turned up it was a nice day and I ended up driving around the lake by myself.

The crotch rockets were out and parked along Calhoun that day. We need to outnumber these guys someday.
Old 10-21-03, 06:09 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Yep, that was me...the silver gs4 w/ dark tint I drove through that parking lot 2 times around 1230...and then drove around the lake once. It was a really nice day too! Man..next time we gottta meet up
Old 11-04-03, 09:17 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

We still on for the 18th?

So far the only modded lexs i've seen around here is a white GS400 with a very attractive woman driving it (had the grill painted white) and I could have sworn I saw Twenty1 (how many other white GS400's with moda's are there in MN )

I'll probably swing by on the 18th if we're still on.

Last edited by BigVIPness; 11-04-03 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: September MN Meet