GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

1st Genner's at the Florida Meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-03, 07:43 PM
BLKCISCO
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YO JOHNEE WHATS UP CUZZ, MAN EVERYTHING WAS REAL NICE AT THE MEET, WE HAD A REAL NICE TURN OUT. THE PIC'S CAME OUT REAL NICE. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF WE GOT ALL THE 1ST GEN TOGATHER AND TOOK A NICE PIC. AS FOR A DYING BREED; I AM LIKE YOU . I LOVE MY BLK LEX TOO MUCH AND I AM NOT GOING ANY WHERE, GONNA DRIVE THE WHEELS OFF IT :-) I AM PLANNING ON GETTING WITH YOU ABOUT THEM SEATS. I AM ALSO GOING TO HOOK UP WITH ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS THAT WAS THERE TO CLEAR OUT HIS CORNERS. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED MAYBE WE CAN ALL HOOK UP AND KNOCK THEM BOTH OUT AT ONCE. STAY IN TOUCH MY 1ST GEN CUZZ/
Old 12-09-03, 08:01 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I never said that the first gen didn't have potential!

I simply said that parts are hard to come by.A good example is the website that you posted.IT'S IN JAPANESE!! And I am currently waiting for a response from steve at carson toyota about a roof spoiler. I'm upgrading to tein cs coilovers also.I am still modding and will be going turbo late next summer.After riding in that green gs3, I'm hooked.Just got off the phone with lance from toyomoto earlier today.So it's not a matter of not knowing , but availability.My coilovers are going to take 6-10weeks to arrive.If I had a 98 I would have them next week.BTW- I rode in adrians(bluelex)car a few weeks ago and those tein coilovers ride awesome.Might want to start saving up. They're not cheap, but worth every dollar. Blkcisco- that would great, just pm me to let know when your going to do it, because I will be clearing mine out very soon also.Do you have that long *** extension to remove the rear bolts that hold in the light?It was cool meeting you.
Old 12-09-03, 08:15 PM
BLKCISCO
Driver

HEY JOHNEE,, YEAH I GOT THAT LONG *** EXTENTION. I AM A AIRCRAFT MECH. FOR THE COAST GUARD, TOOLS ARE NOT A PROBLEM.I WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU WHEN HE CALLS ME AND WE WILL HOOK UP FOR SURE. OH BY THE WAY I SEEN THAT POST ABOUT YOU GOING TO TURBO YOUR CAR, I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET IN THAT CAR YOUR GONNA GET HOOKED . I GOT YOUR # I WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU.
Old 12-09-03, 08:15 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

i hear u johnee78 just work at it and we have alot of resources to JDM stuff on cl, ie intensepower can get blitz stuff

Your trunk is nice BTW
Old 12-09-03, 08:19 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thanks for the compliment

It has taken a while to get to this point and I have a long way to go, but It's all worth it to me.Blkcisco-just give me a call when you are ready.
Old 12-09-03, 08:31 PM
BLKCISCO
Driver

YO WILL DO. I AM ALSO THINKING ABOUT COIL-OVERS FOR THE RIDE. AS I TOLD YOU I HAVE A LITTLE RUB NOW AND WANT A BETTER FEELING RIDE OUT OF THE CAR. I AM ALSO GOING TO DO SOME TRUNK WORK SO THAT NEXT TIME I AM PARKED NEXT TO YOU I CAN OPEN MY TRUNK AND GIVE YOU A RUN FOR YOU MONEY . NOT GOING TO DO THE TURBO THING THOUGH ; I WILL LEAVE THAT UP TO YOU. MIGHT DO A BODY KIT. THAT ONE FROM BLITZ IS NICE. HELL I AM SUPPOSED TO BE RETIREING FROM THE COAST GUARD THIS UP COMING YEAR AND YOU GUYS GOT ME WANTING TO SPEND MORE AND MORE MONEY .
Old 12-10-03, 07:50 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I just did the engagement ring purchase about six months ago. That will lighten up the wallet quite a bit. Other than that, though, my girl and I have always shared the expenses on just about everything (furniture, for example), which is pretty cool.

I want to definitely do rims/coilovers.

New leather.

Maybe stereo stuff, maybe turbo, probably not bodykit stuff (not that it wouldn't be awesome).

Course have the maintenance, too. Rear main seal leak comes to mind, probably tie rod ends, too. Hood/trunk shocks. Just a whole lot of $$$.

But on a car like ours, it's worth it.

Originally posted by LexAristo
Not drinking, just relationships in particular and spending the money on her and not the car. hehe

We are of a dying breed. It's sad..
Old 12-10-03, 09:53 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Originally posted by LexAristo
We are of a dying breed. It's sad..
Its not sad! its great! It means the people that were not that serious about 1st gens move on to other things and those of us with our hearts set on 1st gens can mod our cars and properly represent the old skool gs's. Just as long as no one uses a 1st gen in 3f3f or else everyone and there uncle will be snatching them up left and right and i'll be forced to kill myself.
Old 12-10-03, 10:26 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally posted by IVXX
Its not sad! its great! It means the people that were not that serious about 1st gens move on to other things and those of us with our hearts set on 1st gens can mod our cars and properly represent the old skool gs's. Just as long as no one uses a 1st gen in 3f3f or else everyone and there uncle will be snatching them up left and right and i'll be forced to kill myself.
heheh. I love our cars so much.....
Old 12-11-03, 08:06 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default I am Ova Hea Now....

I am here everyday, there is just nothing I need to post or ask about lately thats all, I like my car the way it is,my suspension set up is fine(may need some new shocks), my rims look right on the car, and my audio video this was just finished and I don't feel like putting the coil overs and 20's on this car, cause that will be the first mods on my next one, a 2nd generation is probably coming soon, wish I could keep my car also, we'll see how the $$$ flows...........
Old 12-11-03, 09:04 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Hey guys

I'm still here too. I just don't post that much, but I'm always lurking and still rollin' the JZS147.