GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Lowered Car???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-04, 05:55 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot guys for your advice and concerns. I will work on getting rid of these items first...
BTW my shocks were replaced too when the original owner's best friend gave him the rims and eibachs as his wedding gift.

Last edited by Wald GS; 01-24-04 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-24-04, 06:11 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

sux to be you Bryan. j/k.
ur ride felt stock when i was in it. i thot it was the rims that made it feel kinda stiff.
Old 01-24-04, 10:29 PM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by LordoftheCelsiors
Dam Bryan under normal instances I would put "ownage" all over you, but dam this sucks. Sorry to hear about this. You should try to get some coilovers or the tanabes IMO, but hopefully everything works out for the better.
why even bother with springs? just go with coilovers!!!! man.. hahah its just double of what you spend and you can actually adjust it.. either that or air suspension..! hahah
Old 01-24-04, 10:30 PM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by LexAristo
Thanks alot guys for your advice and concerns. I will work on getting rid of these items first...
BTW my shocks were replaced too when the original owner's best friend gave him the rims and eibachs as his wedding gift.
hahahah funny how you know he got it as a wedding gift and you still went out and bought the whole set up.. hahahhahah ownage is the only word i can say to you.. oh yea.. sucks to b u.. HAHAHhAHAHAHaH
Old 01-24-04, 10:39 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by cutecboy
hahahah funny how you know he got it as a wedding gift and you still went out and bought the whole set up.. hahahhahah ownage is the only word i can say to you.. oh yea.. sucks to b u.. HAHAHhAHAHAHaH

I don't understand your broken English..... Yes, I knew it was a wedding gift and what setup are you refering to? There was no way for me to tell that they were eibachs without taking off the springs...

Last edited by Wald GS; 01-24-04 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-25-04, 11:28 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default Springs

That is kinda funny, sounds like you are kinda upset with all the comments as I would probably be too if I went through ordering all that stuff. I remember seeing posts with people telling you to lower your car and you were hesitent, probably because you were comfortable with the way your car already sat, I thought it sat fine too, strangly with your large rims, didn't look like most of the ones I see with large rims and not lowered. Oh well, hopefully the new owner won't go through that situation when I sell my 1st generation.....
Old 01-25-04, 12:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Springs

Originally posted by CHMPNGS
That is kinda funny, sounds like you are kinda upset with all the comments as I would probably be too if I went through ordering all that stuff.
yeah the guys are being kinda rough on my boy! In most cases I'm a smart **** too, but I could tell that this one really dealt B a tough blow, and at times like that, sarcasm is the last thing a person needs, thus my trade them in suggestion! Kinda like the old saying, 'if your not part of the solution, your part of problem" saying! LOL
Old 06-18-04, 07:38 AM
minh
Pole Position

I know this is an old thread, but do you still have them and are they the eibach pro kit?
Old 06-18-04, 07:57 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by minh
I know this is an old thread, but do you still have them and are they the eibach pro kit?
His are already sold, but I am selling a set...Heres a link to thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=119999
Old 06-18-04, 09:17 AM
BLKCISCO
Driver

Yo B. sorry about the problem your having. And I see most of the guys are giving you a ruff time. Dont let it get under your skin. Remember one thing. IT'S YOUR CAR: do what makes you happy. We all come here for advice and new ideas, but in the end it's up to that person to do what they feel is best. What ever you decide to go with just make sure its what you want not what everybody else wants.
Old 06-19-04, 03:10 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

For those with the Tanabes, how do they ride? What do they cost? Where can you buy them? Also, but most importantly do you have any alignment problems / uneven tire wear?

I have seen that Eibach makes a alignment kit. Does Tanabe make one too?

Hey, i have seen some springs on Ebay called Voigtland. Are they any good for the 1st Gen GS and does anyone have them on their car who can give testimony?

Last edited by 007; 06-19-04 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-19-04, 03:13 AM
Wald GS

Originally posted by BLKCISCO
Yo B. sorry about the problem your having. And I see most of the guys are giving you a ruff time. Dont let it get under your skin. Remember one thing. IT'S YOUR CAR: do what makes you happy. We all come here for advice and new ideas, but in the end it's up to that person to do what they feel is best. What ever you decide to go with just make sure its what you want not what everybody else wants.
Hey bro!!

It's funny how this thread was brought back to life. My tein coilovers are actually coming in pretty soon so that's the route I ended up taking. The wheel gap with the eibachs is still too much.

Bryan