Lowered Car???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-04, 10:47 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered Car???????????

Hey guys,

As most of you know, I have been saving up to lower my car. I purchased brand new shocks and brand new eibach springs. So today I went to my mechanic and he took off the existing springs /shocks on my car . I was OWNED!!

All this time, my car was lowered on eibachs and I had no idea nor did anyone know. The reason is that the eibach logo is on the top of the coil and the only way to see it is if you take off your springs and shocks.

Since my car is already lowered I won't need these BRAND NEW and NEVER used parts. Therefore I am going to sell the Brand New Eibachs (box has not been opened and has the staples on the box) for 220.00 and the KYB shocks for 220.00 as well.

I am just trying to prevent a loss on my behalf. Please let me know if you guys are interested in any of these.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 01-24-04, 12:43 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Unhappy

Ok Bry...now you KNOW you deserve this one. Dude, you remember how I always mentioned that your car looks lowered right? *sigh* Sorry to hear about the mishap though. You should post your shocks/springs up in the classifieds section...Maybe our beloved Classified Section mod will move it for ya.
Old 01-24-04, 12:46 AM
Wald GS

Originally posted by BR1AN
Ok Bry...now you KNOW you deserve this one. Dude, you remember how I always mentioned that your car looks lowered right? *sigh* Sorry to hear about the mishap though. You should post your shocks/springs up in the classifieds section...Maybe our beloved Classified Section mod will move it for ya.
How was I supposed to know that it was lowered..... I already posted in the classified, but this thread would help members get a clear picture of the mishap.

Last edited by Wald GS; 01-24-04 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-24-04, 12:49 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by LexAristo
How was I supposed to know that it was lowered..... I already posted in the classified, but this thread would help members get a clear picture of the mishap.
True, might've been easier to tell if you didn't have those monster tires on there...hehe. You could always keep the shocks 'til your current ones go out.
Old 01-24-04, 12:56 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Why don't you sell the new Eibachs and buy some Intrax or other spring that will drop the car a little more.
Old 01-24-04, 12:58 AM
Wald GS

Originally posted by 93LexoGS300
Why don't you sell the new Eibachs and buy some Intrax or other spring that will drop the car a little more.
I am no longer dealing with lowering my car. Intrax rides nasty...Only other available is Tanabe(1.8) . 1.8 is not going to make a difference...

Last edited by Wald GS; 01-24-04 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-24-04, 01:03 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

So what will be your next mod?
Old 01-24-04, 01:06 AM
Wald GS

So what will be your next mod?
hehe. I really don't wanna mod, but this urge........

hahaah. Maybe do custom full piping on my exhuasts... what about you? BTW don't forget about the meet on Sunday.
Old 01-24-04, 01:10 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Darn-it, I'll be at my parents' house this weekend.

As far as mods go, I'm pretty happy with my car now. If there's anything I might add, it might be some exhaust tips like the Borlas.

Last edited by LB Lex; 01-24-04 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-24-04, 01:20 AM
Wald GS

Darn-it, I'll be at my parents' in Apple Valley this weekend.

As far as mods go, I'm pretty happy with my car now. If there's anything I might add, it might be some exhaust tips like the Borlas.
Ic, I really want a jdm strut bar!! Have fun at your parents'!
Old 01-24-04, 07:36 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by LexAristo
I am no longer dealing with lowering my car. Intrax rides nasty...Only other available is Tanabe(1.8) . 1.8 is not going to make a difference...
Hey Bryan, I'm really sorry to hear that! Trust me though there is big dif between the Eibach drop and the 1.8 drop!!

The one thing is you have sold yourself on going lower, so why just take the Eibachs back and get different springs! A good frame of reference to let you know it will be okay is your current situation, you were really worried about rubbing, scraping, etc with the Eibachs, and you have had them from DAY ONE!!!

I say, you wanted a lower drop, and there is nothing wrong with that, actually the car will look nicer, just trade your springs, because your factory struts could probably use the replacement anyway!

Good luck man
Old 01-24-04, 09:50 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Hey Bryan, I'm really sorry to hear that! Trust me though there is big dif between the Eibach drop and the 1.8 drop!!
Yeah Bryan, I'm with D on this one a 1.8 drop is very significant....I met somone who had Intrax and that's a 1.7" drop and it looked way lower than mine. Trade them in for the Tanabes

-Seize
Old 01-24-04, 11:11 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Hey Bryan, I think you should get the Tanabes. We all know that you want that "lowered" look and the Eibachs is not low enough for you. You should just sell/trade the Eibachs for the the Tanabes.

Good luck.
Old 01-24-04, 01:27 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

I also agree with the other guys, put on some 1.8 springs, it will lower your car just enough to get rid of the gap you don't like. Change your stock struts to KYBs too, your old ones are probably worn out and if they are not, they will be after you put on 1.8 lowering springs.
Old 01-24-04, 04:13 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam Bryan under normal instances I would put "ownage" all over you, but dam this sucks. Sorry to hear about this. You should try to get some coilovers or the tanabes IMO, but hopefully everything works out for the better.

Quick Reply: Lowered Car???????????