Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default new front brake rotors

what kind should i get
Old 07-25-04, 05:40 PM
hotmachine
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some Brembo blanks if you're interested.

I can be reached through E-mail or PM.
Old 07-28-04, 10:22 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you want better braking power up front?
get the lexus ls400 calipers and rotors and you will know the difference.............hehehe

but you have to use aftermarket or bigger wheels than stock..............
Old 07-28-04, 10:47 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by indypwr
you want better braking power up front?
get the lexus ls400 calipers and rotors and you will know the difference.............hehehe

but you have to use aftermarket or bigger wheels than stock..............
You may need a special adapter to fit the ls400 calipers on a first gen gs..Mine are going on next week and I will confirm if these are direct bolt-on or if you need an adapter...Stay tuned..
Old 07-30-04, 12:25 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by johnee78
You may need a special adapter to fit the ls400 calipers on a first gen gs..Mine are going on next week and I will confirm if these are direct bolt-on or if you need an adapter...Stay tuned..
johnee: what adapter are you refering to? can you elaborate more cuz as far as i know, the gs and sc have
the same exact stock calipers, stock rotors. i have changed the brakes on my gs lot's of time and when
i bought the sc and did the LS400 upgrade, it was exactly the same thing. maybe you were referring to
wheels spacers maybe cuz you need to use bigger wheels, 18-up depending, in order to clear the LS calipers.

Old 07-30-04, 12:43 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

johnee: what adapter are you refering to? can you elaborate more cuz as far as i know, the gs and sc have
the same exact stock calipers, stock rotors. i have changed the brakes on my gs lot's of time and when
i bought the sc and did the LS400 upgrade, it was exactly the same thing. maybe you were referring to
wheels spacers maybe cuz you need to use bigger wheels, 18-up depending, in order to clear the LS calipers.

I have big enough wheels that are high disk to clear the calipers, but when I test fitted them on my car the caliper hit the tie rod end bolt and wouldn't allow the caliper to be bolted on..I have an adapter that I had shipped to me from japan that might fix this clearance problem..I am installing this roll center adapter next week and will then check again if the calipers in fact fit..Unless you have actually tried test fitting these calipers on your first gen gs I wouldn't recommend other members to get them unless your a 100% positive that they will fit..Which is why I am going to confirm next week because at the moment I am only 99.9% sure that it will work WITH this adapter..I will keep you posted..
Old 08-01-04, 08:19 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

johnee: are you talking about the two bolts that holds the calipers in place? actually, when i test fit the
calipers on my sc, the stock bolts were too damn long and thy wud hit the rotors. so by solving this, i used
four washers total, two for each caliper bolt, so that when you snug the caliper bolt in, it wont hit the rotors at all. i was warned by this from the very beginning but good thing i resolved it.

take some pics while doing the retro if you can.
Old 08-01-04, 08:41 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

johnee: are you talking about the two bolts that holds the calipers in place? actually, when i test fit the
calipers on my sc, the stock bolts were too damn long and thy wud hit the rotors. so by solving this, i used
four washers total, two for each caliper bolt, so that when you snug the caliper bolt in, it wont hit the rotors at all. i was warned by this from the very beginning but good thing i resolved it.

take some pics while doing the retro if you can.
No I'm talking about the actual caliper hitting the tie- rod end..The bolts have nothing to do with it because I have the LS bolts and some washers just in case....Don't worry , I'll take alot of pictures... When I put them on..