GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

I miss my gs

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-04, 10:44 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy I miss my gs

Well, surgery is taking longer than expected with the volume of other work to do at the shop. My engine is still attached to the stand. Mind you that it is now the GTE bottom end and my GE head that is sitting there waiting for me to return and finish it next week.

I disassembled the GTE motor and cleaned the block, removed the oil pan and baffle and checked the bearings.. looking good.. very clean used JDM motor. Not even barely any carbon buildup on the pistons.

Next I pulled the motor and tranny from my GS. Nasty oily leaking mess that it was.. powersteering leak.. distributor o-ring leak.. cant wait to get that engine bay pressure washed out and make it sparkle. I stripped the 2jzGE and sent the head out to be decked and cleaned. While it was out I did a complete valve job on it also. Installed the head to the GTE block with ARP studs.. That is as far as I got this week..

I do have some other goodies going on the motor, and since it will be a week before I get to work on it again, I may end up with even more. Right now the only big addition is a set of HKS cam gears. I figured while I have the belt off, why not have some more tuning ability. I also need to tap the upper rad hose neck on the head for the GReddy water temp sensor, and locate a source for the GReddy oil pressure sender. It will all come in time. All I know is that I am stuck driving the Civic in MD for a week, and on the trip up here from SC for about 3 hrs this dark colored GS3 with Massachusetts plates hung around to tease me and remind me of what I was NOT driving..

I have been taking pics the whole while, but they arent uploaded and hosted yet.. I'll update when he's finished with them.
Old 08-21-04, 04:13 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

POST (PICTURES).A snick peek of the project.
Old 08-22-04, 05:15 AM
sillbeer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You miss you GS Jeff? I really miss mine and I haven't even drove it yet.
Old 08-23-04, 11:12 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll bet you do.. have any of the goodies you ordered showed up yet? I'll break those coilovers in for you till you get over here

You'll have your exhaust soon, I'm building my single shortly after I get the motor back in the car.. should be done well before the NOPI show.

I got my Volk rim fixed too.. forged rims are awesome and really start to show their value in a race application. Hitting a curb head on in a 3800lb car and it just bent the inner lip.. a cheaper cast wheel would probably have shattered or at least cracked. $45.00 and it is fixed now.. waiting on me back home in SC like everything else.