GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Regenerating lights option

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-04, 11:22 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regenerating lights option

Leave it to Toyota, I didn't think my car had regeneratory capabilties but...

For the past 2 months the 3rd LED on my speedo needle has burnt out... then a few days later will be back on again and stay on without even flickering for a week.

Last night my tailight was out and the light on the dash was on. Turned it on today and the tailight is back on and the light on the dash is off.

A little less then a month ago my right blinker went out causing the rear one to flash at double pase. 3 days later, back on!

I'm not the only person whos seen this, my friend Jeff who I roll around with alot has been there the whole time and has seen it too.

Has any of these things (or something similar) happened to anyone else?

or is it... ghosts!
Old 09-22-04, 11:25 PM
C to the O
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, same thing with some of my center console lights. One'll be out for awhile, then come on out of nowhere. real weird.
Old 09-23-04, 09:33 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Regenerating lights option

Originally posted by IVXX
Leave it to Toyota, I didn't think my car had regeneratory capabilties but...

For the past 2 months the 3rd LED on my speedo needle has burnt out... then a few days later will be back on again and stay on without even flickering for a week.

Last night my tailight was out and the light on the dash was on. Turned it on today and the tailight is back on and the light on the dash is off.

A little less then a month ago my right blinker went out causing the rear one to flash at double pase. 3 days later, back on!

I'm not the only person whos seen this, my friend Jeff who I roll around with alot has been there the whole time and has seen it too.

Has any of these things (or something similar) happened to anyone else?

or is it... ghosts!
The filament on the tail bulbs is busted.You will need to replace it soon.Had the same problem.If you turn your lights on at night,and the bulb is out.Hit the tail light and it will come on.Tthe filament made contact.Will stay on as long as the lights are on.WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE OFF, THE FILAMENT IS JUMPING AROUND INSIDE THE BULB.
Did I make sense?