GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

I want to know what parts would the first gen owners like to see offered

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05 | 04:48 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Neg is nice!! I have like -4* in the back and -3* in the front. hahah
And how did you manage to get those specs? Is it measured or are you guessing?

I just had my car aligned today and I maxed out the factory camber adj.. -2.6* front and -1.8* rear.

I was shooting for -3* frt and -2* rear to combat the understeer I'm getting and make it a little more stable while going slideways. My toe is at stock specs until I figure out if I can do better. I can adjust that on my own though.
Old 01-24-05 | 05:16 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by Epik
And how did you manage to get those specs? Is it measured or are you guessing?

I just had my car aligned today and I maxed out the factory camber adj.. -2.6* front and -1.8* rear.

I was shooting for -3* frt and -2* rear to combat the understeer I'm getting and make it a little more stable while going slideways. My toe is at stock specs until I figure out if I can do better. I can adjust that on my own though.
I have my car as low as the tein cs can go. When I had eibachs, they measured at -2.5*. That was when my car was 3 inches higher with eibachs. Here are a few pics.

Old 01-26-05 | 01:07 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Epik
One of the engine importers I deal with has a few sets of JZA80 Supra coilovers that I'm going to snag and measure up against my HKS Hipers. There is such a small market for suspension pieces on the 147 that if they are close, I may be able to figure out a way to use JZA80 suspension on the 147. Obviously the market is flooded with that stuff.. I have my choice of a set of Kei Office or TEIN HA's to play with. Stay Tuned
the front suspension from a 2nd gen fits right up, I have it on my car now, the rear does not, I had to use supra pillow ***** from cusco on back and cut off the mount and bolt/weld the proper one on.
I'm using the Flex coilovers

The gs does not really need sways, the stock ones are plenty stiff, I don't even have a strut tower bar and I have very little body roll. I would like to see rear strut bar and front one as well, I believe that the new gs one might work, however if I shell out the 500 I can get a set of cuscos that will fit for sure, but then theres shipping them from NZ.
I do agrees with epik there should be more undernearh suspension parts for us, since we have so many similaritys/same parts as tons of Toyota products (SC, supra, 2nd gen, etc).

I want to see someone drop the iron block and bastardize a BMW motor, that would make some power without a turbo, and it's so much lighter.
Old 01-26-05 | 09:34 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
the front suspension from a 2nd gen fits right up, I have it on my car now, the rear does not, I had to use supra pillow ***** from cusco on back and cut off the mount and bolt/weld the proper one on.
I'm using the Flex coilovers
Now this is the kind of info I have been looking for.. never see this stuff for a 1st gen. I'm looking at some under braces too.. like the TOM's front under brace that is for the 2g.. EPIK may soon be offering one. My buddy locally just got his mandrel bender up and running Also the Carbing style floor support bars and the DO-Luck rear cross brace in addition to a harness bar that is offered by Sparco and Lokar for many other 4 dr cars..

Interested in what you did for the rear sus.. are you talking about the bottom fork that you welded/bolted on? My HKS HiPers were so weak in the fork area that I disassembled the shock, cut the thin bent forks off and made my own from 3/8" steel bar. Very sturdy now.

of course, this reply is worthless without the follow up pics, but they are on the hard drive and not the server yet, so I'll follow up soon.
Old 01-26-05 | 10:15 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

also I taked to RMM several times, if we get 10 people interested in the first gen exhaust and get the money to them they will make them.

the rear mount for the 2nd gen is circular mount rather then the U style mount of the 1st gen, so I cut that one off and drilled a hole at the bottom of the shaft that screws onto the coilover, got some really heavy duty bolts from Ace, bolted it up then mig welded (carefully). I used a air die grinder to smooth it all out (still a little rough) and then found a green paint that matched the flex, painted it up, and just put it on the car. The top mount was tough to find, I got lucky and found a full set on ebay for $45 in japan, got them here for 20 bucks shipping. Before I had the cusco mounts I just used my stock mount, with the bolt from the tiens.
I would have more pics, but alas I am lazy and always forget to take them while doing this. I am going to be raising my car up soon, So I will get some then.
Old 01-26-05 | 07:00 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
also I taked to RMM several times, if we get 10 people interested in the first gen exhaust and get the money to them they will make them.

the rear mount for the 2nd gen is circular mount rather then the U style mount of the 1st gen, so I cut that one off and drilled a hole at the bottom of the shaft that screws onto the coilover, got some really heavy duty bolts from Ace, bolted it up then mig welded (carefully). I used a air die grinder to smooth it all out (still a little rough) and then found a green paint that matched the flex, painted it up, and just put it on the car. The top mount was tough to find, I got lucky and found a full set on ebay for $45 in japan, got them here for 20 bucks shipping. Before I had the cusco mounts I just used my stock mount, with the bolt from the tiens.
I would have more pics, but alas I am lazy and always forget to take them while doing this. I am going to be raising my car up soon, So I will get some then.

Hmm.. if there is any interest in the exhaust for the 1st gen, I can make them.. 3" mandrel bent 304ss. I have 85mm 304ss on my car right now, but it wont fit in the bender, so it is pied and welded. I have dyno #s for it over the HKS Sport system that was on the car.. nice gains in the higher end. I'm going to reproduse it in 3" mandrel as soon as I find the time. I'm using a HKS carbon/ti 75mm inlet canister and running just single exhaust. I can use my car as a test mule to make 3" duals if there is any interest for those that want the ultimate in flow.

Thanks for the info on the suspension bro.. I'll be digging into mine very soon and I'll post my findings too.
Old 01-26-05 | 07:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys, a gentle reminder that any sort of group buy or gathering interest post has to go through an approved ClubLexus vendor. For example, I believe Steve Ganz carries RMM items, so you'd need to coordinate through him for a GB.

Any questions, please PM me.
Old 01-26-05 | 07:19 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

ah sorry dave
if this actually happened, which I doubt it will, it would have to be direct from RMM, according to the rep I talked to over there. *shrugs*
Old 03-18-05 | 11:22 AM
Tenoshii
Rookie

Rear Roof "Lip" Spoiler

Window Wind/Rain Visors

Chrome window boarders

Engine Billet Dress up Items

Exhaust System:
*Header
*Hi Flow Cat Converter
*Cat Back
Old 03-18-05 | 11:27 AM