GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Going to install these when it stops raining. =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05 | 10:42 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to install these mods when it stops raining. =)

Purchased a full Injen intake system made for the 93-95 gs 300. It doesn't have the blue or red connectors, since I wanted to keep it clean and luxurious.

This full kit comes with black rubber connectors, a polished injen pipe, maf adapter, filter, and injen heatshield.

Also jdm aristo circle emblems will be put on the side fenders near the driver side and passenger side doors.

I'll post a write-up in a few days regarding this mod. Thanks to ED at tlsperformance.com.

I will be selling my old maf adapter and hi flo filter in a few days so please pm me if you are interested in it. thanks

Last edited by Wald GS; 01-08-05 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-08-05 | 12:19 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

I got the same Injen kit, you'll like it and it looks sweet. I didn't use the heat shield looked to restrictiive I had to make a bracket to mount the pipe to the shock tower as it didn't come with one. The old vacuum hose was almost impossible to get off. Clean your throttle bodies while your in there.
Old 01-08-05 | 12:34 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by turbogs300
I got the same Injen kit, you'll like it and it looks sweet. I didn't use the heat shield looked to restrictiive I had to make a bracket to mount the pipe to the shock tower as it didn't come with one. The old vacuum hose was almost impossible to get off. Clean your throttle bodies while your in there.

I actually experimented with a civic pipe, but i wanted the real deal so I got this one. The vacuum hose came off easily for me with no problems when I took it off. Do you have pics of the bracket which u used to mount the pipe to the stock tower? Would I need one of those? thanks
Old 01-08-05 | 12:51 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

I don't have any close up pics, yes you will need to extend or modify the factory bracket or the pipe will just hang there, not what you really want. I think I used a piece of a backstrap from a stereo and the factory bracket to make an extension that bolted to the stock location on the shock tower and to the maf as well.
Old 01-08-05 | 09:48 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

nice stuff B.....does that chrome looking circle deal go straight over the filter itself as the heatshield?
Old 01-08-05 | 10:23 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by PandaGS430
nice stuff B.....does that chrome looking circle deal go straight over the filter itself as the heatshield?
Yes it does!
Old 01-08-05 | 10:29 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

I found this after looking, kind of hard to see, but you'll get the point.
Old 01-08-05 | 10:54 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Looks nice Let us know how the new intake compares to the Civic one.
Old 01-08-05 | 12:34 PM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by PandaGS430

Yeah, it's the heatshield Panda. Hopefully it will keep the hot air out. hahah. Hows your car doing bro?

LB LEX,

Thanks Eric, I will let you know how it compares.

turbogs300,

When did you purchase yours? DId it include carb legal paper work?
On a sidenote, I have contacted injen because I dont have the lil carb aluminum sticker on the pipe which says its carb legal.

thanks,
bryan
Old 01-08-05 | 02:56 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by LexAristo
turbogs300,

When did you purchase yours? DId it include carb legal paper work?
On a sidenote, I have contacted injen because I dont have the lil carb aluminum sticker on the pipe which says its carb legal.

thanks,
bryan
Around 6/04 , No. I don't belive it came with any CARB paperwork or sticker. Might be something you have to request specifically or it hasn't been certified? Don't see why it wouldn't pass as it is only a metal pipe replacing the plastic one?
Old 01-08-05 | 03:11 PM
Wald GS

Around 6/04 , No. I don't belive it came with any CARB paperwork or sticker. Might be something you have to request specifically or it hasn't been certified? Don't see why it wouldn't pass as it is only a metal pipe replacing the plastic one?
In the picture u posted, there is a chrome plate which is the carb# next to the Injen aluminum sticker.
Old 01-08-05 | 03:34 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Wink

In the picture u posted, there is a chrome plate which is the carb# next to the Injen aluminum sticker.
You're correct, I just went and looked at it . I guess since I don't live in CA , I never paid attention to it
Old 01-08-05 | 05:16 PM
Wald GS

You're correct, I just went and looked at it . I guess since I don't live in CA , I never paid attention to it
hahah. You don't have to worry about carbs or anything.
Old 01-09-05 | 01:00 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Good stuff, Bryan!

Yeah, definitely let us know how the Ingen compares to your Civic intake (sound, performance gain......etc).
Old 01-12-05 | 10:14 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

hey bryan,you have a garage.put it on.

Purchased a full Injen intake system made for the 93-95 gs 300. It doesn't have the blue or red connectors, since I wanted to keep it clean and luxurious.

This full kit comes with black rubber connectors, a polished injen pipe, maf adapter, filter, and injen heatshield.

Also jdm aristo circle emblems will be put on the side fenders near the driver side and passenger side doors.

I'll post a write-up in a few days regarding this mod. Thanks to ED at tlsperformance.com.

I will be selling my old maf adapter and hi flo filter in a few days so please pm me if you are interested in it. thanks

Quick Reply: Going to install these when it stops raining. =)