GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

removing headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-05, 06:11 AM
Ucantry
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing headlights?

getting ready to remove my headlights and i wanted to know where the screws are located...i can see the ones on top but are there any ones under the front bumper or fenders...do you have to remove the bumper to get to any any thanks and help would be greatly apperciated..
Old 01-19-05, 10:08 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucantry
getting ready to remove my headlights and i wanted to know where the screws are located...i can see the ones on top but are there any ones under the front bumper or fenders...do you have to remove the bumper to get to any any thanks and help would be greatly apperciated..
no if you remove the fender lining. You can sneak in a 10mm socket and get the two bolts there "someone correct me if i'm wrong its either 1 or 2"
Old 01-19-05, 10:51 AM
dlexmon
Driver School Candidate

Default Removing headlights

Correct there are two bolts behind the fender liner.
Old 01-19-05, 10:53 AM
Ucantry
Rookie

thanks guys i started doing it this mouring but it started snowing...so i couldnt finsih it......so i guess i just got to remove the plastic wheel well to get to those bolts...thanks hopefully it will stop snowing thanks
Old 01-20-05, 04:30 AM
GS300_TT
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I just took my bumper off to see what I would have to do to fit a FMIC and saw that problem too lol. Once you get the lining atleast pulled back you will be able to see the 2 nuts holding the lights in.
Old 01-20-05, 07:15 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

93-97 GS300 My Corners are now cleared *TUTORIAL*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys today i finally got around to clearing my corners and let me tell you it took me less than 30 minutes to do both sides and sorry i have no pictures but i will try to explain my best here how to do it and if you have questions just reply and i'll try to answer then asap.

#1 turn steering wheel all the way to the opposite side you are working on.

#2 Tire area. Remove the 2 small screws (phillip head) towards the front of the car holding the tire well area in. there are 4 screws but you only need to remove the 2 towards the front to access the engine bay from there

#3 after you remove those 2 screws just fold the plastic covering back and stick in a 10mm socket with extention and remove 2 more screws that hold the headlight in place (can be found on the outer part of car when you look in from the opening you made from #2)

#4 prop up your hood. there are 2 screws that hold the headlight in on each side. they are both also 10mm. they are pretty obvious which ones that are holding the headlight in so you should figure that out your self (if you cannot tell which ones they are don't even attempt to clear out your corners)

#5 well your headlight is not removed. it is kinda hard to pull the headlight assembly out. i found it easier if i put 1 foot on the bumper to apply a little pressure to push the bumper down while i remove and replace the headlight.

#6 after you have removed the headlight assembly from the car. Take a flat head screw driver and stab the orange piece. it should break in half. after that i took a pair of pliers and started to break them out small piece at a time.

the first side i did took me about 15 minutes. and the other side took me like around 10 minutes. this is including removing and putting it all back. this was my first time doing this.

difficutly=Pretty easy
Tools=Flat head screw driver, phillip head, 10mm with extension. and pliers
Time=30-60 minutes
Results=Priceless

click link below.
{url]https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50553&highlight=clear+corners[/url]

Last edited by lexus4jess; 01-20-05 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-20-05, 03:15 PM
Ucantry
Rookie

finished today in the snow and put in the hid i had on my old car looks pretty good thanks for the help
Old 01-20-05, 04:05 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

finished today in the snow and put in the hid i had on my old car looks pretty good thanks for the help

Did you do a retrofit? If you didn't, I don't see why you would have to remove your headlights when the hid kits are pretty much plug and play.
Old 01-20-05, 04:18 PM
Ucantry
Rookie

yeah man my hid was a h1 so i made it work...ive been cosmetically working on cars for 5 years now, so this was to hard to do...just had some probs with one of the ballest but i got it to work after shocking the hell out of me..lol...everythings good....the other reason i took out the lites is cause i wanted to clear them