STrange Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-05, 09:12 PM
lexxtasy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STrange Vibration

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys about a small problem I'm having with my 93 GS300.

Recently, Ive been experiencing a weird kind of vibration from my driver's seat particularly on the bottom right side after 60mph on the highway and continues to stay there but after about 80mph it sort of goes away. My steering wheel is solid not shaking at all the vehicle itself is stable but just that weird kind of vibration I sense under my legs from the seat is really bothering me I don't know what it could be???

I asked my lexus technician and he said that you could just tilt and reposition the seat so your leg doesnt touch the seat and then you won't feel it!!!! but I personally think there is a remedy to it I mean its like something is lose or needs adjustment what could it possibly be? help

For the record I have used force variance method of wheel balancing using road force, got full front brake service from lexus with a new caliper for the left front side.
Old 02-06-05, 10:07 AM
lexxtasy
Driver

Default ANyOne with this problem???

HAsn't anyone experienced this problem before I dont know what to do about this but its just really annoying on the highways because thats when it feels like someone is shaking my driver's side seat from the bottom.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced this before and if not what could it posssibly be??
Old 02-06-05, 11:08 AM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

Do you have the stock exhaust still on the vehicle? I got some vibration after replacing my exhaust catback with the greddy exhaust. Check the exhaust rubber mounts and engine and trans mounts as well.
Old 02-06-05, 11:22 AM
lexxtasy
Driver

Hi there,
Thanks for replying. . . .
YEs I still have the stock exhaust and havent done any mods to my car but will the exhaust rubber mounts have gone bad or something do they usually need to be replaced, and would they create a vibration that can only be felt through the driver's seat after 60mph??
I mean my lexus technician said that engine mounts are old but not broken or anything and said that there are no transmission mounts for this car since the gear shifter is driectly connected to the driveshaft through some sort of wire/tube thing! I dont know but what else do you think could it possibly be???? that I can ask the Lexus techs to have a look at?
Old 02-06-05, 11:27 AM
GenOneGS
Driver

Driveline / Driveshaft vibration maybe?
Old 02-06-05, 11:43 AM
lexxtasy
Driver

Default Last Service @ Lexus

Last time I went to Lexus I was complaining to them about a loud thump/ clunk that I hear when changing direction of vehicle while reversing and also when I come up my driveway since its slightly sloped . . . . They diagnosed the sound after taking it for a test drive with me coming from the front end . . .
So what they did was checked Front End Components Brakes, Ball joints, Steering Linkage and wrote in the invoice that they found the Left Front Suspension ARM NUT loose. . .

They then tightened FORE/AFT ARM NUT & RECHECKED & V-O-I-L-A the noise was gone and said to please monitor on the invoice! since there labour only work is warranted for 90 days or 6000KM whichever comes first!

However this vibration that I'm describing to you guys has started only after I left the dealership and I think the mechanic must have done something wrong underneath either overtightened or disbalanced some other component because the LF SUSPENSION ARM is right underneath the driver's seat and that is where this STRANGE VIBRATION is present after 60mph so I guess. . . .
I should go and discuss this with them what do you guys think???? will they remedy this problem under there service warranty???
Old 02-07-05, 05:22 PM
turbogs300
Lead Lap

Cool

The front suspensoin arm is not near the drivers seat. I would check in addition to the other things I mentioned and in this order :

1) TRANSMISSION REAR BUSHING
2) DRIVESHAFT RUNOUT OR IMBALANCE.
Old 02-07-05, 09:16 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexxtasy
However this vibration that I'm describing to you guys has started only after I left the dealership and I think the mechanic must have done something wrong

should go and discuss this with them what do you guys think???? will they remedy this problem under there service warranty???
If the noise wasn't there before you brought it in and then it shows up after they "fixed" it, then you should bring it back to them to fix it.