O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think the sc300 sway bars will fit our cars? thx
Old 04-15-05, 11:21 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by EG8
Guess I was wrong I do have one more here...
What year is you car?Look like its in great shape.
Old 04-15-05, 11:35 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. Very good job.
Old 04-15-05, 11:37 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Its a 94' Exterior is mint. one dent on the rear pass door that just happened. I was at the home show and parked way out and walked in. Needless to say I walked out there and there was a car parked 8 inches from mine.
Interior is trashed though. Leather is thrashed. Im gonna do new front seats and have a buddy do new microfiber thru-out. new glassed console....
Old 04-15-05, 11:37 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kts_GS3
Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. Very good job.
In actuallity it only took about two hours from start to finish for the install. The CAD work about 10-15 minutes.
Old 04-20-05, 04:06 PM
Brownrice
Driver

willing to reproduce that? I have access to some nice apexi coilovers for 2nd gens i can get ahold of and welding the h bracket i have no problem doing, you said the fronts bolted right in no problem? thanks

-Rafael
Old 04-20-05, 04:07 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brownrice
willing to reproduce that? I have access to some nice apexi coilovers for 2nd gens i can get ahold of and welding the h bracket i have no problem doing, you said the fronts bolted right in no problem? thanks

-Rafael
Edit:
The fronts do bolt in.

Check your PM
Old 04-20-05, 04:12 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Shoot Lex....I didnt even see that. I dont know if the sc bars will fit. I have asked a few times before also. Im going to have a custom adjustable bars built. I want to talk about it but every time I start my threads get locked. I PM'd the admins and no one ever responds.
Old 04-21-05, 05:05 AM
Tenoshii
Rookie

just PM everbody who is interested in the sway bars and we can email each other instead of using the forum.
Old 04-21-05, 08:37 AM
GenOneGS
Driver

Since you said the fronts will bolt right in, does that mean that we could use after market struts from the 2nd Gen GS such as L-tuned up front if we chose not to go the coilover route? It would be sweet if we had another option besides KYB atleast for the front. Also, if supra rear upper mounts and lower bodies will fit the 1st gen GS, why wouldn't a supra or sc strut fit the rear of our cars. I know there is a difference in spring perch height between the Supra an the SC, but the struts are interchangeable. If either of these worked, it would open up a new world of strut possibilties that otherwise would be just KYB GR-2's for us.
Old 04-21-05, 08:54 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 92SC420
Since you said the fronts will bolt right in, does that mean that we could use after market struts from the 2nd Gen GS such as L-tuned up front if we chose not to go the coilover route? It would be sweet if we had another option besides KYB atleast for the front. Also, if supra rear upper mounts and lower bodies will fit the 1st gen GS, why wouldn't a supra or sc strut fit the rear of our cars. I know there is a difference in spring perch height between the Supra an the SC, but the struts are interchangeable. If either of these worked, it would open up a new world of strut possibilties that otherwise would be just KYB GR-2's for us.
Any of the second gen suspension will work. My writeup is for the Tein Flex. The reason I wouldnt do the KYB's or any other replacment strut is because they are gas charged. I wouldnt cut and weld on that it could kill you and will injure you.
With that said, the rear supra strut may work since the upper and lower are the same as our cars. If the spring perch is at a different height then it will make your car sit differently. The perch is welded to the strut body. These are mcpherson style strut assy's.
Give the rear supras a try and if they work let us know. maybe use the supra fronts too to give the car the same stance all around.
Old 05-02-05, 11:49 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EG8
I realized after doing all this I could have gone and got the supra lower bodys, but these work so im gonna leave it. The rear upper pillows would have been nice. What did you pay for those ?
And Walmart is evil I vowed never to set foot in that place but if they have a close match for the tein green, then I think ill send my wife
Tien told me they never made flex for the 2nd gen. But then they also told me they never made HA's either. Im still waiting for a "dust boot" I ordered about three months ago. From two of thier authorized dealers.
So what were saying here is the MKIV teins would prob be a bolt in. With the exception that the spring rates would be way out of wack.

CTgs300, You would need the supra upper pillow mounts and lower threaded strut body. That will only work if you use the FLEX system though.
no the MKIV front mounts are diff they are the same diameter as the rear ones.
our front's are the same as the 2nd gen GS, and the rear is the same as the mkiv

I got all 4 pillow ***** used off of ebay for $70 shipped from osaka. They are light blue. I just used the ones for the rear as the fronts are the wrong size

Originally Posted by LexAristo
they might. it seems like the front uppers on diff year supras and scs is similar. I ordered a cheapo supra stb off ebay, you can re drill the holes to fit it. I bent the damn bar so it was not worth it. buddy of mine has an sc bar sitting around I will try it

Last edited by Eric-GS300-; 05-02-05 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-02-05, 11:50 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EG8
On another note. Im working on some adjustable lower control arms for the front and rear to correct that nasty camber problem. Right now I have the CAM bolts in 180 deg. and I had the alignment checked since its no longer adjustable with the bolts flipped. Im only off 1 degree of camber in the rear and .5 on the front.
when you get these worked out
make me some
Old 05-02-05, 12:01 PM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
I got all 4 pillow ***** used off of ebay for $70 shipped from osaka. They are light blue. I just used the ones for the rear as the fronts are the wrong size
You lucky bastard !

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
when you get these worked out
make me some
O'Kay
Old 05-02-05, 12:43 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

my camber is pretty good, but if I track the car I might want to change it up more then I can

ya I was really lucky
I sill have the front mounts sitting around
you could change the bolts out and use them

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Suspension on a 1st Gen w/pix